• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

1v1 tournament: Kella wins by TKO

Milo

Good games Milo.

Milo 2- 1 Sayo
Milo 1-0 Sayo

Your offense was very frustrating to play against and the goal differential probably should have been highe .

Think that's being a little harsh on yourself. Had a fortunate goal in the first one. We both had some nice chances in the second(both hit the bar, iirc.)

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Don't be such a babby. Call Sky and complain. You're not kicked out of this tournament, just barred from the next one.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
this is what happens when you make a Brit go back in time to play his games. Not even chi-bob can afford a time machine. At least a decent one, anyway...

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I bet the Internet in hayvis' 4th garage isn't that slow

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Gg. My Africans, let me show you them. Kind of feel dirty winning that second game. We were terrible

3-1 cska over swansea
2-1 cska over Swansea

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I just dont remember you being a "blast long balls over and over and hope for some bounces" type player. I guess when you have Doumbia and Musa that's the way to go.

I got off to good starts both games and had nothing to show for it. After you scored your team played so far back it was just clogged and I had no chance. I couldn't get anything going.

Good games, just crazy frustrating because I didn't feel like I should have lost either one.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I can actually get them to play ok in the 4-4-2, but in a 4-5-1 they are just not able to do anything else. Musa in particular is some bullshit. Although yankee and milo shut them down no matter the formation.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
:laughing: I am not sure what else I could have done to shut them down. I have been on the wrong end of bad bounces all tournament and I have given up a couple weak penalties. I also gifted you a goal by letting you just take it away from my CB haha. I am just worse at this than i thought I guess. I hope I am not through to the next round. LAWD.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Pavel got doumbia and musa, if he didn't blast long balls he'd be a dummy. (I think CSKA had might be the only team with 3 90+ pace attacking dudes)

I also want to say that if ur opponents are succeeding on "puber through balls" it might be time to consider the fact that you are either playing too aggressive on defense or you are actively moving defenders out of the way and opening that shit up. I mean there is a fine line between cheesing and taking advnantage of an over aggressive opponent. If u are pressing and calling second defender constantly, then the through ball is open. Expect it, ninja.

I mean I'd prefer to play possession and slow build up, but when I play against high press defense and people who fuck up and move their defenders out of formation, what is supposed to happen? DAT THROUGH BALL.

9/10 drunk, would post again.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Or the ball is rolling off your CB's face instead of being cleared away and finding its way to the forward :laughing:

I am not at all aggressive with my CBs. I do most my defending with the CDMs and other midfielders.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Someone else can update the table if they want. My parents are in town so I have no idea when I can do it next.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Would take all weekend to explain Google drive

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I will update the table tonight

chibob

I live on the third floor of a three storey house and the internet box is in a media closet in the basement...

Ran fine last year as @Kella will testify to when we played. I dont know why it runs like shit this year.

But for £39 a month I can have my own broadband

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I have a better solution than that, seriously. This netgear deal that uses ur electrical wiring to create an extended wired network.

It isn't "faster" than wireless, but it really does stabilize the connection compared to long range wireless. Will post a link when I get back to computer

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Chibobs housemates are probably using all the bandwidth

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

Something like that, but for whatever fucked up type of plugs you need. Those are cheaper and have better reviews than the ones I was tombout. Either way, you just connect one to your router and plug it into the electrical outlet and then plug the other one in the electrical outlet in ur nook and then you get a wired connection through your PS4. It probably won't improve your top end speed, because that will be limited by something else for most people, but it does stabilize the connection and that really helped eliminate the lag and dropped connections I was experiencing when connected via wireless.

I was honestly skeptical at first, but I have had zero issues in the 8 months I've been using one of these deals.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm serious, if everyone is on the wifi, wifi has pretty limited bandwidth if 3-4 people are on it each night streaming music, Netflix, and trying to play games.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It looks like Noles (8 games recorded) and NML (7) still have to play quite a few games. But with Chibob dropping and JD only having 0 points so far, it looks like everyone but those 2 from the Trogs will advance without finishing those games.

For the Mongs, this actually matters, because Sayo is on 11 points but has 2 games in hand. Pavel also only has 2 games in hand so I imagine they are against each other, and if Sayo wins any of those 2 games he can vault hisself past the logjam at the bottom 3 that is Shats, Orlando, and Yankee.