• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WBL TradeRumors

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
index.php

Latest on Pac Men Organizational Strategies, Contracts.

In recent seemingly humble blog posts, Las Vegas GM Doh shed some light on his organizational strategy for the Las Vegas Pac Men.

GM Doh targets to make the playoffs only. By today’s standards, this is considered to be an outdated strategy more fitting to ancient MLB playoff scenarios, first documented 43 years ago in the book Moneyball by Michael Lewis. However, Doh appears to be coming around, crediting constantly semi-inactive yet genius GM Rad for explaining the lack of intricacies of OOTP playoffs: “My idea (which @Mr. Radpants is starting to sway me to not believe) is that if you get to the playoffs it is a crap shoot as long as you have a good enough team.”

Additionally, GM Doh claims to never overpay for free agents; however, he has been one of the most active salary shoppers in WBL/UBL history. Twitter and social media has exploded in reductio ad absurdum. Several theories are flying about GM Doh’s statement. The obvious -- Doh is delusional and didn’t notice that he’s in budget trouble every single year. The opposing theory is that he is an insane genius and has created a false caricature of himself, thus creating a sub-market for salary dumping in his trades.

One GM, under the promise of anonymity, lamented: “All this time GM Doh appeared in salary trouble. I ate some contracts just to get trades through. It’s possible that he was one step ahead of me the entire time, projecting a false financial stupidity and banking on my laziness for checking up on actual OOTP financials. I have a job and kids, I didn't expect deception to this level in an online baseball league.”

“I’ll never trade with the bastard again,” he added.

Another GM spoke off the record to WBLTR.com and confided that, “Another GM and I had conversations about GM Doh and we agreed that he was a functional retard when it came to salary commits. The guy was constantly in the red and pinging the commissioner office with confusion about the OOTP economic system. Now we see him publicly bragging about his fiscal responsibility and ability to dump bad contracts. I’m wondering if it was a long con. We’re having the SABR guys look into their salary commitments and matching them up against public statements. They have Nutopia on one monitor and Excel on the other and they look exhausted.”

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
index.php

Pac Men News and Notes

In related Pacmen news, GM Doh lamented about bad contracts right as he said he never gives bad contracts. “The one thing I do try to do is extend elite players as well as guys who I traded a lot for. The only really bad extension I have right now is Mercier. When I signed it, I didn't hate it and now I don't hate it but I don't love it…”

Profound.

Interestingly, GM Doh is reflecting on the Fazerlacky and Mercier contracts side-by-side. Both started their careers in Dublin and were traded for not much, Fazerlacky because he was blocked by Mercier, Mercier because he was in his last contract year and was a rental. Both were poor trades by Dublin. Mercier is the undisputed GOAT of the WBL, no matter what vain GM's post on social media.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
index.php

Who throw shade tho?
Rift between once close GMs grows

Recently GM Rad Smith reluctantly returned to semi-active leadership in the Distillers organization, following a lengthy sabbatical split between the corporate America grind and sipping guzzling rum drinks in the Caribbean. While it is remarkable Dublin finished close to .500 with only one phone call with roster moves the entire season, he appears to have walked into a buzz saw upon return. Rival GM Scouttie Pippen lashed out on Instagram about Rad:

Yeah @Rad_Smith reminded me I was 22 hours late on my draft pick, but he didn’t even have the decency to do it over G-Chat.

Why an active GM was missing on day one of the player draft was unclear. The draft, internationally televised, has suffered from declining ratings in recent years and the 22 hour timeout to find Scouttie did not help matters. Rumors that he was playing 2K basketball and that Rad Smith messaged him over Steam have added to the controversy.

Keith Law, breaking his Twitter ban to comment, added “The 2K basketball rumor is interesting -- these guys were supposed to be playing 2K basketball together this past year, then Rad Smith fell off the face of the earth. The rift may extend well outside of the WBL community, and Scouttie might be mad that Rad leaked the details of his gaming schedule.”

According to sources, the situation came to a head today at draft headquarters when Scouttie accused Rad Smith of delaying the draft. Rad took exception to the comment, pointing out the irony of the comment after the 2K incident. Reel then accused Rad of throwing shade.

It’s worth noting that Rad was first recruited into the now-defunct UBL by GM Zach Mills Smith, and Scouttie Pippen was formerly employed by Zach Mills Smith. To see two GMs from the same GM tree butting heads so viciously is surprising, to say the least. Rival GMs seem optimistic that their mutual love for smart phones and hip hop will prevail over the draft drama.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
index.php

GM Rad Returns, Ships Chong and Fritz to Las Vegas

After taking a lengthy sabbatical to actually have a life, longtime GM Rad has returned to activity to his office at The Distillery.

He didn’t take long to begin to overhaul his roster, shipping Skeeter Chong and Joe Fritz to Las Vegas for a trio of solid pitching prospects. This move signaled the end of an era in Dublin, and helps restock a system that was thin on pitching potential.

Rad’s increased activity seems to have drawn the ire of other GMs, however. With rumors circling about bullpen arm De La Santos, GM Wolfman commented to reporters, “If by back-end you mean ass, you’re correct.”

Asked about the incident, GM Rad didn’t address the issue head on. “Wolf who? Is he a new GM?”

This was on the heels of GM Gooksta attempting to publicly devalue Dublin slugger Juan Nieto by attacking the hitter friendly attributes of The Distillery.

It should be noted that two of the biggest sluggers of all time played in Dublin – universally accepted GOAT Hocine Mercier and his Pac Men teammate Mason Fazerlacky. Mercier belted the same exact number of home runs in his first year with Las Vegas that he did with Dublin the prior year, and Fazerlacky has had a prolific career as a slugger.

GM Rad seemed to shrug off the attacks. “Some GMs are easier to deal with. If you can’t trust GMs, you probably won’t pick up the phone when they come calling about major trades.”

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Rad’s increased activity seems to have drawn the ire of other GMs, however. With rumors circling about bullpen arm De La Santos, GM Wolfman commented to reporters, “If by back-end you mean ass, you’re correct.”

Asked about the incident, GM Rad didn’t address the issue head on. “Wolf who? Is he a new GM?”

lol, Wolf trolling me the second I got back.

osick87

Community Liaison
Figured this would be easier to do team by team

[xtable=skin1|border:1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0]
{colgroup}
{col=89x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=154x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=93x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=165x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=89x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=94x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=144x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}
{tbody}
{tr=@x21}
{td=bottom}Team{/td}
{td=bottom}Player{/td}
{td=bottom}Arb Est (in mil){/td}
{td=bottom}Non Tender Chances{/td}
{td=bottom}Option (in mil){/td}
{td=bottom}Option Type{/td}
{td=bottom}Opt Out Chances{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x21}
{td=bottom}Amsterdam{/td}
{td=nowrap|bottom|left}Johão Guia{/td}
{td=bottom|right}7.8{/td}
{td=bottom}Low{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x21}
{td=nowrap|bottom|left}Luke Gwilt{/td}
{td=bottom|right}4.6{/td}
{td=bottom}Low{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x21}
{td=nowrap|bottom|left}Alex Douglas{/td}
{td=bottom|right}2.6{/td}
{td=bottom}Low{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x21}
{td=nowrap|bottom|left}Bill Dumont{/td}
{td=bottom|right}2{/td}
{td=bottom}High{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x21}
{td=nowrap|bottom|left}Javier López{/td}
{td=bottom|right}0.95{/td}
{td=bottom}Low{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x21}
{td=nowrap|bottom|left}Pedro Campos{/td}
{td=bottom|right}0.75{/td}
{td=bottom}Medium{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x21}
{td=nowrap|bottom|left}Dave Moran{/td}
{td=bottom}High{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x21}
{td=nowrap|bottom|left}Raúl Herrera{/td}
{td=bottom}High{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x21}
{td=nowrap|bottom|left}Arnold Gilbert{/td}
{td=bottom}Medium-High{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x21}
{td=nowrap|bottom|left}Edwin Burger{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td=bottom|right}0.833{/td}
{td=bottom}Team{/td}
{td=bottom}Low{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
  • Guia and Gwilt are obvious to get tendered. I wouldn't be surprised if Guia gets more than his arb est.
  • If I was needing a C/1B/DH (@Travis7401) type, I would be sending PMs OU11's way. Cheap Power is always a nice thing to have.

• Bill Dumont spent the year in A so I doubt the 29 yr old gets a contract tendered to him.
  • Lopez had a meh year and would be cheap SP depth.
  • Campos I wasn't sure if @OU11 would Non tender or not just because it's a mil and you could easily use Campos as a LRP/ bottom of the bullpen type. Guys with his ratings usually go for around that much in FA but there are better ones going for marginal amounts more.
  • Moran is a backup IF that OU could probably find a replacement with a better bat for 200-250k more (Arturo Cruz for example).
  • Herrera is a bad defensive OF and has been poor hitting. Not the best combo.
  • Gilbert is a cheap 25th man utility guy. His diversity is why I have him as Medium-High. I have him as High because he's never really hit well in the limited ABs OU can give him.
  • Burger is cheap SP Depth.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@OU11 why you not buy up Guia arb years earlier when they've have been cheaper? Just an oversight of non-export have behavior, or do you have a method to your madness here? I'm still working on my organizational philosophy on how I sign players to extensions, within our WBL rules, and I was just curious.

Guia is probably the best young catcher around, so I assume ur gonna keep him.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I predict my organizational philosophy gonna drive Osick nuts if he intends to do this same sort of thing in the future... gonna be a lot of team options showing up. riggers gonna be built like the New England Patriots, one key piece with interchangeable parts surrounding it. Those interchangeable parts will usually be under a 2 year team option structure to allow Mr. Manager the flexibility he craves.

That key piece is, of course, Douglass Tagg. Douglass is the Tom Brady of the riggers franchise.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I predict my organizational philosophy gonna drive Osick nuts if he intends to do this same sort of thing in the future... gonna be a lot of team options showing up. riggers gonna be built like the New England Patriots, one key piece with interchangeable parts surrounding it. Those interchangeable parts will usually be under a 2 year team option structure to allow Mr. Manager the flexibility he craves.

That key piece is, of course, Douglass Tagg. Douglass is the Tom Brady of the riggers franchise.

Douglass Tagg even sounds like a Trump supporter, too.

osick87

Community Liaison

I will just put them as Medium and lump them all together in a Bullet point.

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@OU11 why you not buy up Guia arb years earlier when they've have been cheaper? Just an oversight of non-export have behavior, or do you have a method to your madness here? I'm still working on my organizational philosophy on how I sign players to extensions, within our WBL rules, and I was just curious.

Guia is probably the best young catcher around, so I assume ur gonna keep him.
Very secret method

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
mRQ6107.png

WBL Notes: Swedish Master Race, Triangles, Scheduling Mishap

Swedes Come Home

As WBLTR covered yesterday, a three way trade occurred yesterday between the Hammers, the Distillers, and the Gauchos. The Hammers received veteran outfielder Alfie Almquist and recent draftee Jehan Hjorth. It's worth noting that both players acquired by the Hammers were native Swedes, marking a return to a traditional strategy of the Hammers to recruit hometown stars.

The Distillers decision to part with Almquist came days after Murphy McMurphy of the Irish Times reported the 32 year old might consider moving on during the offseason in pursuit of more playing time. The Hammers interest in Almquist has never been a secret, and WBLTR has reported numerous times of Hammer inquiries into the veteran slugger.

Now on his way out of Ireland, Almquist will head back to his native Sweden and join a Hammers team that, prior to Monday, was in dire need of Swedes. Before settling on Almquist, the Hammers made recent inquiries to other teams around the league about the availability of expatriate Swedes. With the acquisition of Almquist, the Swedish team has upped its number of Swedes on active roster to one.

NL TRIANGLE REPORT

Some interesting trigonometry reports coming in from around the league. GM @doh has been doing an annoying 1927 Yankees impression lately, but it is worth noting that he has stolen 4 triangles from the shape factory this year. The next 3 current standing NL playoff teams are all -3 triangles. Meanwhile, the last place team in the NL, Lisbon, is seven games positive triangles. While the team performing, various sources in Lisbon report that GM Lugg Nutt is none too pleased that his tanking strategy has gone awry, placing them far behind several SL teams for the top picks in next year's draft.

Pressed for comment about triangles, GM @doh wouldn't address his own success but chose to instead praise the SL teams. "They're just better at losing than we are," he commented.

7 Day Lineup GM Momentarily Livid

An odd calendar quirk almost resulted in the first eight day week in recorded history. Reports from Halifax rushed in that GM Woo Lee was preparing his typewriter to write a lengthy tirade about how his preferred 7 Day Lineup style would never accommodate an 8 day week. Galactic sundial Osick187 quickly issued a press release that he would fix the problem. We can only hope that word of this reaches GM Lee quickly, but he isn't a 16 year old and doesn't check his phone 24/7.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
mRQ6107.png

WBL EXCLUSIVE: NEW GMs, LEAGUE EXPLOSION RUMORS, ETC

Amid rumors swirling out of Sweden that the league may end, multiple veteran owners have begun exploring the possibility of returning as manager-owners. @ZackMills and @Reel have both expressed interest in returning to action. Given that their former franchise has been hard deleted due to a legacy of cheating, it's not clear which Franchises they might slide into.

Meanwhile, new GM @hayvis is here and nearing a decision on where he will move a team, but he seems confused as to which continent the city of Boston is on.

League Over?

Our agents in Sweden and GChat report that the league may end if we don't get more active owners. GM RADPANTS has put on his CROOTIN PANTS and is recruiting across multiple online communities for our next WHITE WHALE. Manager-owners everywhere are being urged to do their part.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
WBLTR EXCLUSIVE: DUBLIN BIG FOUR TO DIE IN GREEN AND YELLOW-ORANGE SPACE SUITS

Signed RF Moritz Norman to a 6-year contract extension worth a total of $142,380,000.
Signed SP Sam Young to a 6-year contract extension worth a total of $127,380,000.
Signed CF Alfie Almquis to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $33,030,000.
Signed 2B Randy Creswell to a 7-year contract extension worth a total of $76,450,000.

If you hadn't just won a 'ship I'd call you Mike Rizzo Jr.

WBLTR Throwback!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
fFoGWt1.png

WBL Winter Meetings Rumors: Paris TX Eliminated from Consideration - Source

While rumors of a potential return of the WBL Winter Meetings swirl, at least one potential site has been eliminated. Citing a league source, the efforts of Paris Texas (not France) to secure a hosting bid fell flat when members of the Paris office insulted members of the WBL Winter Meetings planning committee. This was an curious move, given that the only known competition for a host city - Moscow - was turned down moments before.

It's unknown whether Paris will be considered for future Winter Meetings, or whether there will ever be another Winter Meetings. WBLTradeRumors will bring you the updates, once a year or so!

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Paris Texas has rejected the outmoded concept of the traditional winter meetings and will be holding it's own 'alternative' next year. It will be going under the name "The Paris Texas Hootenanny Sponsored by Bud Light'. The event will feature free Bud Light, laser tag and Buffalo Wild Wings and a festival soft rock lineup including 2082's greatest Whitesnake tribute band - 'Whiter Snakes'.

Texas is expecting turnout numbers far greater than the now defunct Winter Meetings, so in order to be sure of a ticket - ORDER WELL IN ADVANCE.