• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Sarknado II - USC Trojans 2015 season.

nofx94

Man, I feel like they got inspired. It's a big opportunity for a statement win for them. They aspiring to be a quality program. This was a big night. I'll take the W but I guess we'll see how it pans out.

Bdub

Helton the real deal brah. He got them to play to their potential for 1 qrtr. If they where playing a team with a pulse, USC would have gotten their ass kicked tonight.

Bdub

Just like when they played Utah right?
? USC had a great game that night, played all 4 qrtrs and outclassed Utah. Exactly what they should do considering USC has more 5 star players on their team than Utah has had in the history of their program.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Ell oh freaking ell if USC actually hires Clay Helton. You've got to be kidding me, right?

-YTC

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Ell oh freaking ell if USC actually hires Clay Helton. You've got to be kidding me, right?

-YTC

Well, if he manages to win out, and win the bowl game, I mean, what is the knock on him besides that he's never been a HC before?

:dunno:

FWIW, I highly suspect he will lose the next two and then we will be in a shitty bowl against a fired up mid-major who would like nothing better than to take down a "name" program like USC, and then we can finally liberate @goblue96's houseguest and bring him to LA.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni

-YTC

This was my gut feeling when people first starting saying it, and deep down, I still don't feel like he's the right guy.

But, like Basin said, what if he wins out? Resurrecting a doomed season and beating UCLA would make a lot of alums happy.

I'm hoping a lot of back room discussions are already being held, to figure out who will be available, who might be available, who can be pried away with an obscene offer, etc. Let me preface this by saying that he won't be, but, if someone like an Urban Meyer could be wooed to LA, then no, you're not giving Helton the job even if he wins out and beats the Bruins by 800 points. The concern is that it doesn't seem like an top level coach will be available, and if your potential candidates all come with question marks, then I could see Helton getting the gig. At least they 'know' him and he's won at Sc already.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Lol.

UCLA fans think Petros is all Cardinal and Gold and that he talks up the Trojans 99% of the time on his radio show that is on UCLA's syndicated station.
USC fans think Petros is a traitor because he's honest about the program and Haden.

Shits sad.

iStock_000004641204_ExtraSmall.jpg

Trap sprung, trap filled.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Lol.

UCLA fans think Petros is all Cardinal and Gold and that he talks up the Trojans 99% of the time on his radio show that is on UCLA's syndicated station.
USC fans think Petros is a traitor because he's honest about the program and Haden.

Shits sad.

Most of the time I agree that he's just being honest about the program. Sometimes I think he pushes too far to 'prove' he's not a homer or something.

I haven't listened to their show in a long time; does he still go off about how Leinart's a douche? Leinart didn't want to go on his show like 10 years ago, and Petros has been pissed about it and talking shit ever since.

bruin

I haven't listened to their show in a long time; does he still go off about how Leinart's a douche? Leinart didn't want to go on his show like 10 years ago, and Petros has been pissed about it and talking shit ever since.

They work together on FS1.

nofx94

Takeaways from the USC game: are we only capable of beating wack squads, or is this just a defensive issue?

I love Helton's commitment to the run game, but either he doesn't have any faith in Kessler's arm or Kessler doesn't

RoJo is the man, so is Justin Davis.

Helton's future has to be less certain now, but dammit that was all on the defense. An FCS QB threw five TDs against us. Lame.

Great PRTD by Jackson to bring us back. Shame the defense squandered that opportunity. Run defense was pretty good, pass defense not so much.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
If they beat UCLA and he brings in a new DC, fuck it. Lol

What is his rep as a recruiter? Honestly curious.

But FWIW, I think the Clay Helton experiment is basically over. He has been measured, and found to be wanting. UCLA gon beat us by 3 TDs, methinks.

Bdub

Honestly think USC will beat UCLA. UCLA is to banged up to stop a not banged up USC offense.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Honestly think USC will beat UCLA. UCLA is to banged up to stop a not banged up USC offense.

:thinking: Are you trolling or being serious? Juju has about 24 different niggling injuries and is nowhere near full speed. We're on our 8th string center and 2nd or 3rd string guard. The center is the big problem; most of the snaps are somewhere between bad and awful. We had stolen the momentum in Oregon heading into the 4th, and I thought there was a decent chance we'd overcome the 10 point deficit. Next play.....shitty snap, fumble. Ducks score immediately. Game over. That MUST get cleaned up to beat UCLA.

Bdub

You caught the troll lol. Every team is really beat up this year. Worst I can remember for Utah.

Brick

UCLA can't be afraid to throw the ball far downfield. USC is one of the worst long pass defenses in recent memory. Stanford, ND, Oregon all shredded over 10 YPA. Is UCLA blocking well at all for Rosen? If Adams didn't get immediately hurried it was almost an automatic wide open completion with a guy streaking free. I trust Mazzone will fuck it up, doe.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
SC has no pass rush, and some young DBs. Any team with a competent QB and solid O-line should able to shred us through the air.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Initial monies says USC wins this. Alot of time to change that until kickoff but the initial read says USC.

Brick

fight on. lol. they will hire him if they "win" the league next saturday. THANKS LARRY SCOTT

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
fight on. lol. they will hire him if they "win" the league next saturday. THANKS LARRY SCOTT

Go drink some plastic bottle whiskey, duck bitch. We goin' to da rose bowl!!

(Probably not. Stanford still much better than us. But still, fuck you.....)

Brick

TEH BIG XII NEEDS A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME CO-CHAMPS LOL

usc is getting a chance to win the league by playing a winner take all game against a team that (a) beat them in their house and (b) is two full games ahead of them in the standings. if usc wins:

1. stanford 8-2
2. oregon 7-2
3. USC 7-3
4. Utah 6-3

MARKET PAC12 NETWORK DIRECTV FUCKING FOOTPRINT

fuck larry scott

if usc hires helton based on this name only title bullshit, they get what they deserve.

Brick

btw nothing against usc. i dont care who the champ is whether it were oregon or usc or oregon state. hate this system so much.

Brick

cant stop laughing at how dumb this scenario is. usc being named pac 12 champions if they win saturday is just the most arbitrary thing. and the funny thing is if helton gets hired, that will be why. and i guarantee media types won't bring it up as an issue.

nofx94

Well, we can't have straight round robin, so this is pretty close. What system would be better, exactly?