• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Dat Week 13 Thread- Brought to You by @bruin

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
shit now that i look at it OU may be the only choice

Breaking-bad-gif-walter-white-52475.gif

Bdub

Les Miles carried off the field to the stadium chanting his name. LSU becomes Tennessee if they fire him tomorrow.

PSUEagle

Les Miles carried off the field to the stadium chanting his name. LSU becomes Tennessee if they fire him tomorrow.

Nebraska is a better comparison: it was obvious Fulmer needed to go when they made that move IMO.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Well we won 10 games with a super shitty OL and a somewhat young and banged up defense. Oh well. I knew without Rudolph we'd lose. I think with Rudolph this game is still a loss considering the shittastic start we had. Can't get outscored 30-10 in a quarter.

Perhaps we've reached out ceiling. This is why college sports are dumb. If you're not a blueblood, fuck you.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
I wonder how much of this LSU drama was manufactured by the local media & ESPN to create a meaningful storyline in an otherwise quiet SEC week.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Well we won 10 games with a super shitty OL and a somewhat young and banged up defense. Oh well. I knew without Rudolph we'd lose. I think with Rudolph this game is still a loss considering the shittastic start we had. Can't get outscored 30-10 in a quarter.

Perhaps we've reached out ceiling. This is why college sports are dumb. If you're not a blueblood, fuck you.

Rudolph had a quality cameo, doe.

Also, I really enjoyed the guy with the fucking Rudolph costume.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
True, only bring up Fulmer because even at the end he had Tennessee playing better than they ever have since.
Without Cutcliffe and chavis, fulmer got exposed. Once Cutcliffe came back from ole miss, they won again. Then when he left for duke, lights out. I love him but it's true. The Clawson hire sealed his fate.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Rudolph had a quality cameo, doe.

Also, I really enjoyed the guy with the fucking Rudolph costume.
Dude played on a broken foot. Before injury he had been on fire the last four weeks. Really would've been fun to see this game with him healthy.

Costume is hilarious and weird.

Bdub

Without Cutcliffe and chavis, fulmer got exposed. Once Cutcliffe came back from ole miss, they won again. Then when he left for duke, lights out. I love him but it's true. The Clawson hire sealed his fate.
Your probably right, I'm no Tennessee expert.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
In conclusion, Long Beach was the only team that took the piss among the cawlidge footy teams I had interest in this weekend. All up to you, Ottawa...

bruin

congrats @TrojanMan @BasinBictory

thought the Bruins blew chances early to put up some big points with great field position.

SC dominated on both of the LOS. Didn't see it coming.

PR for a TD before the half was a killer.

really thought when it was 21-20 Bruins with about 8 min in the 3rd and UCLA just had got a 3 and out with a sack the tide was turning. Then the fumble scoop and score. Never recovered.

SC made the plays. Bruins didn't.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT

thought the Bruins blew chances early to put up some big points with great field position.

really thought when it was 21-20 Bruins with about 8 min in the 3rd and UCLA just had got a 3 and out with a sack the tide was turning. Then the fumble scoop and score. Never recovered.

Yep. Jackson's punt return definitely was a big boost before the half.

Still, at that point it was only 20-14, and USC's offense had yet to really show up. They were shooting threes while UCLA was putting up sevens, so while of course I was thrilled with those two huge plays, I thought that eventually UCLA would prevail. UCLA was mostly stuffing SC's run game in the first half, and Kessler seemed either afraid to throw deep, or was told not to.

The second half looked a lot different. SC did its best @Tailback U impression and just plowed through and over the Bruins, which I didn't think possible even against an injury-depleted UCLA D.

Welp - now it sets up another date with the Farm (and perhaps another date rape?) for USC's potential first PAC12 title. The Clay Helton experiment has just thrown out some contradictory data to our original hypothesis.

Last edited:

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni

It felt like our game with Oregon, just the opposite way. Felt like we took all the momentum in that game and were in great shape for the comeback entering the 4th. Then a bad snap...fumble....game over.

I don't think the Ducks were 20 points better than SC, and I don't think we were 20 points better than ucla yesterday. But thems the breaks sometimes.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Who was the biggest disappointment this year? Georgia or UCLA?

Not sure how high any realistic expectations were for UCLA considering they were starting a true freshman at QB. Then the injury bug really hit them, but overall they were/are still a dangerous team.

PSUEagle

Who was the biggest disappointment this year? Georgia or UCLA?

Neither: UGA probably finished one win off where they should have despite looking like dogshit, while lots of people had UCLA pegged as a 3-4 loss outfit (I WAS RIGHT @bruin228)

Surprised you didn't mention it: the biggest disappointment by far IMO is Auburn: preseason #5 to 6-6, and they probably should be 4-8. @Brick's boy Gus Malzahn came up super small this year, especially on "his" side of the ball.

Lightningwar

Administrator
It's kind of amazing the conference dock pulling that goes on when someone beats Florida, Kentucky, and South Carolina.

I guess special Olympics gold is still gold I guess?

But they are in the SEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Neither: UGA probably finished one win off where they should have despite looking like dogshit, while lots of people had UCLA pegged as a 3-4 loss outfit (I WAS RIGHT @bruin228)

Surprised you didn't mention it: the biggest disappointment by far IMO is Auburn: preseason #5 to 6-6, and they probably should be 4-8. @Brick's boy Gus Malzahn came up super small this year, especially on "his" side of the ball.

I thought they would be 8-4 too lol

JSU Zack

How do I IT?

Georgia is stacked every year, but I really thought they had it this year. Now, Richt is gone, which is still a dumb move despite his record this year. I guess the Richt era died when Murray graduated.

Auburn is historically an average team. They were overrated all summer, and had a year where they reverted back to the mean.

PSUEagle

Georgia is stacked every year, but I really thought they had it this year. Now, Richt is gone, which is still a dumb move despite his record this year. I guess the Richt era died when Murray graduated.

Auburn is historically an average team. They were overrated all summer, and had a year where they reverted back to the mean.

Yeah, but your question was this year: Going from Top 5 to 6-6 is Lane Kiffin at USC bad from the "greatest" offensive mind in the SEC.

And Auburn historically is a good to very good program. They're not at Alabama's level, but historically they stack up with most.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
If you're disappointed in Georgia you haven't been paying attention
I'm disappointed in Georgia's athletic director. Unqualified lizard. That said, Hawaii should have thought about interviewing Richt before deciding on Nick Rolovich.