• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 Coaching Hot Seat/ Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2D2

Wow, if that's true, that's probably a home run hire for Purdue. Not sure he'll be successful because Purdue, but you can't ask for much more than that.

I think he could be successful. Pretty much same recruiting grounds. Nick Holt(DC) would also be huge to retain.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Sarknado or Les Mambo to Bailando muy pronto. Por faveur.

Sarkisian or Miles to Baylor, but be quick.

Brick

no idea why dan mullen hasn't been mentioned in any of these searches. dude has had 6/8 winning seasons at MSU and finished in the top 20 twice. if oregon is trying to get a guy who will probably have a chance at making the playoffs every 3/4 years he probably fits that well. maybe he likes being in starkville, because he should have at least a rung higher level of a job than that.

i'm hearing greg fucking schiano. i don't want to watch that team.

Brick

larry fedora, too. those two fit oregon really well and i like that they have at least tried on defense. i feel like they're going to overreact to how bad the defense has been and get a TOUGH GUY culture tool that doesn't fit what oregon footbaw has come to be and could really put oregon in the shitter. to me schiano would be a disaster unless he makes a great OC hire.

also mullen could bring along peter sirmon who is a former oregon player at dc. their defense was horrible this year doe. he is a first year guy however.

troy calhoun is an interesting dude.

Last edited:

DanishDonut0

Calhoun would be really interesting. Never thought of that.
My friend has been saying Larry Fedora since the beginning so they can brand Nike Fedoras :laughing:

Already know what Oregon has been known for will die. Would be happy with any innovative/interesting offense minded coaches. Will not watch any Kiffin, Schiano, etc types. But it's a lot easier to ignore games when you live in Europe.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Mike Gundy apparently meeting with Baylor. Prolly just a ploy for a raise, but still, LOL.

He's had more success than any other OSU corch, but he can't beat OU so a ton of Poke fans want him gone. Plus he pisses off T. Boone pretty regularly.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
giphy.gif

Brick

The funniest thing about this is the people saying Oregon should rush cause 'CRUITIN WINDOWS CLOSING DA 12TH.

Brick

Also, these rumors about McElwain leaving Florida for Oregon seem pretty stupid and arrogant. First of all: Florida > Oregon as a PROGRUM, period. Who cares if he's from the Northwest? Secondly, the SEC East is a giant shithole that doesn't look like it's getting any more competitive, and he's won the East his first two seasons with average teams.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Kiffin is a good to great recruiter, a good OC and a great QB corch. I would hire him for that, but not HC. I can see Houston trying it though. Maybe he has grown up and learned a little from Saban.

coogrfan

Kiffin is a good to great recruiter, a good OC and a great QB corch. I would hire him for that, but not HC. I can see Houston trying it though. Maybe he has grown up and learned a little from Saban.

My list:
1. Orlando
2. Applewhite

3. Miles

4. Joey Freshwater

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Some TOUGH guy who RECRUITS AND DEFENSES.

I'm secretly hoping it's Schiano, just for shits and giggles.

But seriously, isn't Bellotti still around Oregon in some capacity? I feel like he should be stabilizing this search away from candidates like Schiano. Not getting in touch with PJ Fleck is insane.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Rulinho to Bailando confirmada. Bailando to now be invincible (a.k.s. invisible) gainst Analpolice.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Also, these rumors about McElwain leaving Florida for Oregon seem pretty stupid and arrogant. First of all: Florida > Oregon as a PROGRUM, period. Who cares if he's from the Northwest? Secondly, the SEC East is a giant shithole that doesn't look like it's getting any more competitive, and he's won the East his first two seasons with average teams.
It was kind of the perfect storm. Job in the area where hes from, Florida has a new AD, nothing to report on the Oregon front, slow news week without a really big CCG to report on. It got egged on by some Florida blogger fire-starting it by saying McElwain feels disrespected or under-appreciated for the job hes done to win 2 SEC East titles in 2 years. I think it will go on, mostly stoked by the fact Oregon doesnt really seem to have any real push forward that anyones aware of to actually hire someone.

I think he'd be a good fit there, honestly. He wouldnt be anything flashy or bring in the recruitzzzz like Chipper would, but he'd probably be a consistent 9 win team up there.

I certaintly wouldnt push him out the door at Florida. I think hes a good coach and he will continue to have success (if he can find a stable QB), but there's still a question of can he and his staff recruit enough to be successful at a Top 5/Top 10 national level.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Ruhle must have REALLY wanted out at Temple to take the Baylor job. There's going to be a cloud over that program for the foreseeable future. They lost most of their 2016 class and have like 2 commits for 2017, neither of which is higher than 3*. If Herman can get Texas back to their usual state, Baylor is going back to the cellar, regardless how much money McLane throws into the program.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Ruhle must have REALLY wanted out at Temple to take the Baylor job. There's going to be a cloud over that program for the foreseeable future. They lost most of their 2016 class and have like 2 commits for 2017, neither of which is higher than 3*. If Herman can get Texas back to their usual state, Baylor is going back to the cellar, regardless how much money McLane throws into the program.
Im assuming they are going to pay him an assload of money, and also allocate a larger assload to his assistants.

I think hes a great hire for Baylor. He won 10 games twice at TEMPLE. Granted thats the ACK or the SWACK or whatever lame conference Houston is stuck in because nobody wants them (@coogrfan). Hes a perfect guy to help a program be..you know..not rapey? At worst, Baylor gets him to reform the athletic program before handing it over to the next smooth talking sexual assault enabler to win some gamez.

With that said, I dont think this job is perfect for him, but he also willingly took the Temple job, so maybe hes just a nut who likes to do dynasty mode with the .5 star prestige teams.

coogrfan

Imo Ruhle felt he needed to strike while the iron was hot. 2017 is going to be a serious rebuilding project for the Owls (they lose their QB, top RB and 5 of the top 7 leading tacklers).

coogrfan

Granted thats the ACK or the SWACK or whatever lame conference Houston is stuck in because nobody wants them the punk-ass bitches in the B12 were worried that they would't be able to compete with a P5 level UH... (@coogrfan).

Fixed.

Btw, that "lame conference" has hung double digit defeats on the Big 12's champ twice since 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.