• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2064 OFF SEASON THREAD

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah. Sha might get $11m haha
dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20Wahlberg.gif

JAR201166

If JAR formally renounces his racist troglodyte ways, signs a pact of non-aggression with all Nutopian interests (including @pavel) that he honors for at least one year, earns back the trust of every Utopian who has blocked him, Hell freezes over, and he is limited to the Shadow Realm and serves under strict the tutelage of Douglas Tagg...

Then I would be fully in support adding JAR to the WBL.

Where do I sign

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Ive got about 12 guys on the hook. The key is finding out which ones i actually want

That's the plus side of having a high budget and not having OVERPAID BUMS under contract. If I weren't paying some of these guys to do their best Nomar Garciaparra impersonations I'd do the same thing. That said, I don't think that SS is going to be worth the money but I'm also paying Ploeg $28M this season.

Wolfman21

I honestly dont think 6 mil per for that guy is bidding up. His defense makes his average bat play up.

Bidding up is when jd paid mustache 20 mil per and then cum dumped him after a couple seasons

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I honestly dont think 6 mil per for that guy is bidding up. His defense makes his average bat play up.

Bidding up is when jd paid mustache 20 mil per and then cum dumped him after a couple seasons

Oh, $6M is a fair deal for him with that D, I thought you meant you'd keep bidding him up to $10M AAV, which wouldn't be a fair deal. I could be totally wrong on this but I *think* taking on Mustache got me Rand "Colour Me" Gadd, which I'd do over 5,000,000 times if presented the opportunity.

Wolfman21

Oh, $6M is a fair deal for him with that D, I thought you meant you'd keep bidding him up to $10M AAV, which wouldn't be a fair deal. I could be totally wrong on this but I *think* taking on Mustache got me Rand "Colour Me" Gadd, which I'd do over 5,000,000 times if presented the opportunity.

Oh, yeah. His current rate isnt bidding up. What he ends up signing for prolly will be

doh

Sha is interesting guy actually... Signed some bizarre deal with Halifax and I jumped on him at $2.5m a couple off-seasons ago. Was shocked no one went after him. I tried to give him away (would've gotten $4.5m or so in arb) and thought I'd rather just have Sano give it a go at SS.

Extremely surprised he's garnering that high of a bid. Saw Jesus Chavez is at $6m too. Probably should've held onto him but gave up on him.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
They are one year deals. It's just people with money to burn bidding up players.

Reactions: doh

doh

yes... in non-IFA years like this, I've been burning money on FAs and have a lot to still burn on one-year deals.

Wooly

For FAX it's the bullpen. There are some pieces, and it should be above average, but this bullpen is the weakest in 3-4 yrs I think.

Last edited:

NML

For me:

1) Do I go with the up and comers or the stop gap veterans? That's all over the field. Arkell vs Cyclone at first, Alvarado vs Wishev at short, McBride vs Kim at third. I think Alvarado will win SS, but the vets take the other two.

2) Finalizing the rotation. Fresh off signing a 1 year deal, Seguin takes a ratings drop. Bummer. He'll likely start as my #5, but Castro may be ready to take it over. His spring will be interesting, and I think the most likely scenario is that he becomes the long relief guy out of the bullpen until he's ready in a year. Then there's the order - Rubio is #1, but I think Duce might be #2. Arce and Poet are great, but both are slipping.

3) Does Salinas finally break out? He climbed from a 1.1 WAR first year to 2.7 last after getting hot after the trade deadline. But is that his ceiling? Or can he be a 3-4 WAR guy?

I'm thinking I'll be a borderline playoff team again. My pitching should be one of the best, and if my young guys are ready, I'll sneak in.

Soonerfan09

For Moscow, our biggest question mark is the starting rotation. Pierleoni is going to do what he does, but Mintey and Carcamo underachieved last season, and I have no idea what I'm going to get out of my 4 and 5....I'm not even entirely sure who they are going to be, although I have an idea.

Our second biggest worry is health. Gowing, Cross, and Montoya have all spent a decent amount of time on the DL the past few seasons. Gonna need all hands healthy if we want to compete for the 1 or 2 seed.

Third is our bullpen. Kavur is hit or miss, Xavier is wrekt and coming off a season ending injury, Amato and Lemus are another year older, and Vargas is still relatively young.

Finally, CF. We will be platooning Kenny King and Juan Reyes (the other Juan Reyes), so while we should be MUCH better defensively in center, I'm afraid we won't get much offensive production out of that position.

Last edited:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Borg is a young team, but I think capable of making the playoffs.

Biggest question marks are:

Youth. This team's real talent is young. We had three rookies last year worthy of winning ROY and Kihlstrom took it. How consistent will he, Cuellar, Bernardo, Brown, Hodges, Hjorth, Mendoza and Arevalo be?

Catcher. Bustroff has underperformed the last few seasons. I brought up Lapinga for spring. He may win the starting job if he plays well.

The bullpen. Munoz is aging and took another ratings hit. Beyond Colon, the rest of the pen isn't bad, but they aren't great. Pye should help.

2B. Will my platoon of Gomez and Gilbert stay healthy? Proven talent, but old and fragile.

CF is more of a black hole than a question mark. Signed FA CF glove van den Adel hoping that he wouldn't be completely worthless with the bat.