• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Boxing Thread

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Lol, ok Joe Rogan.

Love the "if a real fight broke out" crowd.

Please I'd LOL so hard if Conor once he starts getting abused in the 2nd round starting throwing elbows or kicks. He'd lose %50 of his purse. But the UFC frat boys would cum till New Years.

And I would love if that actually happened. If MacGregor fights a straight-up "clean" boxing match against the likes of Mayweather, it will be depressingly dull and a foregone conclusion.

chibob

As much as they are building up the bad blood I feel like it's all just pagentry.

Connor doesn't stand a chance. He knows it. Mayweather knows it. They're going to put a spectacle on, maybe it will go 5 rounds but it'll all be bullshit showmanship. Mayweather isn't going to go all out, they just want to keep it going long enough that it doesn't look like a fix.

Connor is there to sell tickets and that's all. Mayweather is there to collect a check.

The best we are going to get is if Connor goes off script and clocks Mayweather with one, thus forcing him to actually start fighting.

bruin

If Conor thought he actually had a chance, don't you think he would take a tune-up fight against a semi decent Welterweight?

No. Thus losing the career pay day and exposing the fraud. :thumbsup:

bruin

Mikey Garcia-Adrien Broner this Saturday night on Showtime. Good non-title fight.

Also, Carl Frampton returns in his hometown of Belfast. Love that guy.

Last edited:

bruin

They're going to charge $45 a ticket to watch Mayweather/McGregor in a movie theatre.

45 bucks. For a ticket. In a movie theatre.

Lol

Brick

They're going to charge $45 a ticket to watch Mayweather/McGregor in a movie theatre.

45 bucks. For a ticket. In a movie theatre.

Lol
Donald Trump is President hermano.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

bruin

Also, Carl Frampton returns in his hometown of Belfast. Love that guy.

Frampton missed weight by a pound this morning, so it wasn't a WBC eliminator anymore, but doesn't matter Fight is off after Gutierrez slipped in the shower and cut his chin open.:rolleyes:

bruin

Kltischko just announced his retirement, so the rematch with Joshua is obviously off.

Hell of a career and he goes out with a high note even after a loss.

Joshua-Wilder pls pls pls.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT

Interesting read. Fight promoters always love a white-black narrative to add to any fight. And when the white guy in question is one that young, white douchebros very closely identify with? Holy crap they're creaming themselves with all the wishful betting on MacGregor.

FWIW I remember the Holmes-Cooney fight when I was a little kid. I remember that my dad took our whole family to the home of one of his (white) coworkers who was hosting a fight-watching party. I remember almost everyone in the place pulling hard for Cooney, while I, being the contrarian even at a young age, wanted Holmes to win.

bruin

Interesting read. Fight promoters always love a white-black narrative to add to any fight. And when the white guy in question is one that young, white douchebros very closely identify with? Holy crap they're creaming themselves with all the wishful betting on MacGregor.

FWIW I remember the Holmes-Cooney fight when I was a little kid. I remember that my dad took our whole family to the home of one of his (white) coworkers who was hosting a fight-watching party. I remember almost everyone in the place pulling hard for Cooney, while I, being the contrarian even at a young age, wanted Holmes to win.

bruin

Terence Crawford-Julius Indongo
Jr. Welterweight unification title fight on ESPN tonight 7 PT.

First time all four major belts+ring mag on the line since Hopkins-Taylor over a decade ago.

Crawford is easily a top two or three American fighter out there.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Terence Crawford-Julius Indongo
Jr. Welterweight unification title fight on ESPN tonight 7 PT.

First time all four major belts+ring mag on the line since Hopkins-Taylor over a decade ago.

Crawford is easily a top two or three American fighter out there.

Any other fights tonight on the premium channels? Pops wants to know. If not this one you mentioned will be good enough.

bruin

Any other fights tonight on the premium channels? Pops wants to know. If not this one you mentioned will be good enough.

Just this one tonight. If you and your pops can, be sure to check out this light heavyweight on the undercard named Gvodzyk. Matter of time before he's a world champion.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Just this one tonight. If you and your pops can, be sure to check out this light heavyweight on the undercard named Gvodzyk. Matter of time before he's a world champion.

Good call. Godzyk n Crawford legit

dirt

Trolltalitarian
Put me down for Mayweather in the late rounds or by unanimous decision if Connor's endurance is that good. This how the fight gonna go: Mayweather counterpunching & running, Connor getting tired trying to end it with one punch

bruin

Some good Middleweights on tomorrow night at 6 PT. FS1.

Sergiy Derevyenchenko vs Tureano Johnson. IBF Middleweight title eliminator. Winner in line for winner of GGG/Canelo.

Also, Middleweight Immanuwel Aleem is on the undercard, who I really like.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Am trogging out and going to watch the Mayweather-MacGregor "fight."

I predict a simultaneous double KO when the meteor falls on the building.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Simpsons_08_07_P4.jpg

bruin

Miguel Cotto vs Yoshihiro Kamegai for the vacant WBO jr Middleweight strap tonight at 6:45 PT on HBO from Carson.

goblue96

My server at BW3 told me, Thursday night, that they are charging a $20 cover to all guests starting at 6pm eastern time for tonight's fight.

bruin

My server at BW3 told me, Thursday night, that they are charging a $20 cover to all guests starting at 6pm eastern time for tonight's fight.

Not sure if they're allowed to, but I'd make it to where you have to buy a certain $ amount on your bill.

MMA bros love to milk it with water and waitresses get stiffed.

Few bars around here are doing a cover and that. Which you got to do, imo.

goblue96

Not sure if they're allowed to, but I'd make it to where you have to buy a certain $ amount on your bill.

MMA bros love to milk it with water and waitresses get stiffed.

Few bars around here are doing a cover and that. Which you got to do, imo.

The server is a friend of mine and usually works Thursday, Friday, Saturday. She hates UFC nights because people just sit at the table and not order anything. She got somebody to cover her shift tonight. She's dealt with too many UFC nights getting stiffed on tips.

Liam

im going to try firstrow, if that doesnt work, ill just watch text updates or wait for the result on the news, over here it only costs £20 for the PPV, but i really am not interested enough for to pay for it

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The server is a friend of mine and usually works Thursday, Friday, Saturday. She hates UFC nights because people just sit at the table and not order anything. She got somebody to cover her shift tonight. She's dealt with too many UFC nights getting stiffed on tips.
Don't be fooled. This is a dog whistle for she hates dew chugging mma people.

bruin

Fucking Gervonta Davis. Missed weight and stripped of the title after holding the title for less than 10 months.

Jack looked great, I heard.

Watching Miguel Cotto on HBO like a real spic.