• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 10 presented by dumb ccg games forcing bedlam this week

bruin

I’m late on this, but Brock Huard and the sideline reporter (Allison Williams, I think)) went in on Rosen pretty hard for coming out of the game against Washington.

He was getting mauled every time he dropped back, so obviously not all his fault.

Anyway, Mora will keep it under wraps all week if he’s going to play in SLC on Friday.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Modster didn't look so bad when he was in. However, the game was in hand by then, and I suppose Warshingtern was playing some of their backups.

bruin

He did ok. Honestly, anybody they put back there will be running for their lives. Easily the worst OL (and running game) I’ve ever seen for UCLA.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Dammit, Tankee
giphy.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
and Barkley is doing what he's doing without a functional offensive line.

-YTC

Stanford's line is roughly the same at Penn State's, by advanced stats. Penn State is better on adjusted line yards and opportunity rate, but Stanford is significantly better on stuff rate. Penn State's OL is definitely not great, but Love's OL is roughly equal to Penn State's, and Love's rushing numbers are much better than Barkley's.

FWIW, I was actually surprised by this. I figured Love was running behind a much better OL, but they seem to be about equal. Argue eye test all you want, and yeah, by the eye test, Penn State's line is not great. But it sort of makes me wonder if the key player in Penn State's offense is really McSorley and not Barkley, even though Barkley is awesome.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Stanford's line is roughly the same at Penn State's, by advanced stats. Penn State is better on adjusted line yards and opportunity rate, but Stanford is significantly better on stuff rate. Penn State's OL is definitely not great, but Love's OL is roughly equal to Penn State's, and Love's rushing numbers are much better than Barkley's.

FWIW, I was actually surprised by this. I figured Love was running behind a much better OL, but they seem to be about equal. Argue eye test all you want, and yeah, by the eye test, Penn State's line is not great. But it sort of makes me wonder if the key player in Penn State's offense is really McSorley and not Barkley, even though Barkley is awesome.

That is very surprising. And the eye test would have told me the PSU o-line is garbage.

And the key player has always been McSorley and not Barkley. Barkley is great despite what PSU surrounds him with (see 2015 as an example).

I love Joe Moorhead, and his offense has done wonders at PSU. However, he definitely turtles up with a lead. Now, if that's Moorhead's doing, or it's a directive from Franklin, I don't know. This offense is soooooooo much better when it is chasing a lead as opposed to having a lead. (2016 Pitt, anOSU, Wisconsin, Indiana, MSU, and USC as specific examples)

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
He turtles unless Franklin wants to make a statement against a team that beat the shit out of them last year. Although it's hard to pass up free touchdowns when the defense matches up a slow LB against Barkley in a cover zero.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
That is very surprising. And the eye test would have told me the PSU o-line is garbage.

And the key player has always been McSorley and not Barkley. Barkley is great despite what PSU surrounds him with (see 2015 as an example).

I love Joe Moorhead, and his offense has done wonders at PSU. However, he definitely turtles up with a lead. Now, if that's Moorhead's doing, or it's a directive from Franklin, I don't know. This offense is soooooooo much better when it is chasing a lead as opposed to having a lead. (2016 Pitt, anOSU, Wisconsin, Indiana, MSU, and USC as specific examples)

-YTC

What’s your opinion on Alex Smith?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Somehow Tennessee is favored against Southern Miss. It is a night game and is supposed to rain. I expect a 50% empty stadium, a crowd no larger than 60k. If Tennessee loses this game, which is highly likely given the state of the program and current injuries, then I think it is Jones' last game. He gon be fired anyway, but he will be fired mid season if they drop this one.