• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 Coaching Hot Seat/Carousel

Renegade

Charge on!
Ok, I'm throwing out a few left field names for UF. Call it the Bold Prediction for coaching hires. I think UF will go for a significant track record as a HC, and I think that rules out Frost, Norvell, most of the other hot hires. I think Dan Mullen's wife hates UF's fanbase, so I think he's not real likely despite being target #1. So here's a few guys I was thinking about that I think could get in on the UF gig: Rich Rodriguez, Pat Fitzgerald, Dino Babers,

Rich Rod - pretty self-explanatory, he's redeemed his Michigan failures at Arizona. I think he's performed about as well as you can there. Runs the sort of offense that UF wants.
Fitzgerald - Seems like a Northwestern lifer, but Bert seemed like a Wiscy lifer too. If he wants a chance to win a natty and is willing to sacrifice his nearly perfect job security, this is a good opportunity.
Babers - Has the HC track record, Syracuse has made significant strides, and if he puts a beatdown on the Noles this weekend, I think he skyrockets up the wishlist, but he needs to finish strong with Cuse this year. A knock on him is that he hasn't been at any of his 3 HC jobs long enough to see if his recruiting is actually good.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Rich Rod redeemed hisself at Arizona? He's had one ranked finish, and was probably on his way to being fired until he unearthed Tate. 23-27 record in Pac 12 play. He's a good offensive coach, but I don't think he's up to the Florida job.

Brick

DICKROD is perfect for middling programs because he'll get them a single great season every 3-4 years with his right mix of players. Zona is perfect for him. He has no chance at the Florida job.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
And the last two bums were?

Well, they got fired, so no. But I don't think that matters here. Maybe Florida is stupid enough to hire him. But just because they've hired 2 bad coaches in a row doesn't mean they have to go and hire a 3rd bad coach.

NML

Ok, I'm throwing out a few left field names for UF. Call it the Bold Prediction for coaching hires. I think UF will go for a significant track record as a HC, and I think that rules out Frost, Norvell, most of the other hot hires. I think Dan Mullen's wife hates UF's fanbase, so I think he's not real likely despite being target #1. So here's a few guys I was thinking about that I think could get in on the UF gig: Rich Rodriguez, Pat Fitzgerald, Dino Babers,

Rich Rod - pretty self-explanatory, he's redeemed his Michigan failures at Arizona. I think he's performed about as well as you can there. Runs the sort of offense that UF wants.
Fitzgerald - Seems like a Northwestern lifer, but Bert seemed like a Wiscy lifer too. If he wants a chance to win a natty and is willing to sacrifice his nearly perfect job security, this is a good opportunity.
Babers - Has the HC track record, Syracuse has made significant strides, and if he puts a beatdown on the Noles this weekend, I think he skyrockets up the wishlist, but he needs to finish strong with Cuse this year. A knock on him is that he hasn't been at any of his 3 HC jobs long enough to see if his recruiting is actually good.

This is a cute way to pretend it won’t be Frost

NML

He’s -130 now, but initially +700. Prop bets are almost entirely set by gamblers, so I’ll put up $20 to ur $100 (aka +500). But if he’s hired at Nebraska, it’s a push.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Columns, not articles?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni

“I think I can get in on”? Lmao what the fuck are you snorting.

Renegade

Charge on!
“I think I can get in on”? Lmao what the fuck are you snorting.

All I was doing was thinking about what the equivalent was of Bert leaving Wisconsin to go to Arkansas. Some out of left field, completely unexpected hire.

As to my wording, just going to say my defense was that I had just finished reading an appellate court decision on quasi-judicial immunity.

NML

All I was doing was thinking about what the equivalent was of Bert leaving Wisconsin to go to Arkansas. Some out of left field, completely unexpected hire.

Because you don’t like the obvious hire haha

Renegade

Charge on!
He’s -130 now, but initially +700. Prop bets are almost entirely set by gamblers, so I’ll put up $20 to ur $100 (aka +500). But if he’s hired at Nebraska, it’s a push.

So I win $20 if he's not hired by UF
You win $100 if he's hired by UF
And it's a push if he's hired by Nebraska

What happens if it's any other school, like say Tennessee or Daddy?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Former Vol player and NFL player, Antone Davis was running the VFL program at Tennessee for keeping the former players active in the program and helping them out etc. He resigned a couple days ago and pretty much laid the hammer to Butch Jones in his resignation letter to the AD.

Former Vol Antone Davis said he submitted his letter of resignation Oct. 31 as VFL coordinator after six years because he endured “constant intimidation, bullying and mental abuse’’ from Tennessee coach Butch Jones.
Davis made those comments in an Oct. 31 email to UT athletic director John Currie, obtained by Sports Radio WNML.
Davis told Currie that “I had always dreamed of coming back and being able to contribute to the continued success of the athletic program.’’
Davis said that working under Jones “has been one of the worst work experiences I have ever had.’’
Asked for comment, Jones issued this statement through football sports information director Zach Stipe: “I wish Antone Davis well and thank him for his work as Tennessee’s Vol For Life Coordinator.’’
Davis also said he had not received a merit raise despite having “outstanding performance reviews,’’ although he had been given UT-wide 1.5 to 3 percent raises. His salary now is about $69,000.
However, one source said Jones went to his administration a while back and, unbeknownst to Davis, asked for a raise for Davis. The request was denied.
Davis closed with this in his email: “I wish you and the men of the University of Tennessee football team nothing but success as you forge ahead in trying to drive the program toward its next national championship.’’
In another email Davis sent to Currie, Davis said he mentioned concerns to Currie as far back as Sept. 22 without Currie taking any action.
“I want you to know that I am not leaving Tennessee because I want to,’’ Davis wrote in the email. “I am leaving because I must. My biggest regret and fear is that I am leaving behind student-athletes and co-workers that may be subjected to the same treatment I have received.’’
Davis also wrote: “In closing, I deeply regret that things have been allowed to transpire, causing a high level of anxiety and other health issues thus creating my need to resign.’’
In an Oct. 31 email to Davis, Currie said: `While I am very sorry that you are leaving us, I am glad that you have been able to find a position you are excited about … ‘’
Currie said he had planned on expanding Davis’ role and “further synergizing your efforts to help our student-athletes with the Thornton Center and the upcoming VFLconnect program.’’
Currie added: “Antone, I appreciate your efforts on behalf of the athletics program and Volunteer student-athletes and look forward to staying in touch.’’
Davis, a former UT All-American offensive lineman, was the No. 8 overall pick in the 1991 NFL draft. He played seven seasons in the NFL.
He was runner-up in 2011 on “The Biggest Loser’’ reality TV show in which he lost 202 pounds.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
And eventually I am gonna be correct. I feel like this one is it, though. My guess is though that they will win and then it will be delayed until Missouri and Vandy shit on them. 4-8, 0-8 in SEC play.

First ever 8 loss season for Tennessee in over 120 years of football. Only one other school can claim to never have an 8 loss season.

bruin

Mora is toast.

Now it’s simply about working out the buyout ad what not.

Mike Norvell? Eh. I get douche vibes when thinking about him.

I like that coach at Purdue. John Wooden went to Purdue..

Just give me someone that coaches players up and actually makes halftime adjustments. UCLA hasn’t had a coach do that since Lou Spanos left for the Titans.

Craig7835

Florida doesn't want their football program ran like Army basic training like DickRod did at West Virginia, Michigan & currently at Arizona. I don't think to my knowledge that you heard about one of his players getting arrested or whatever. His offense will be good fit for the Gators though with the RIGHT personnel & as long he doesn't run that "what have you done for me lately" 3-3-5 defense, then he'll be a good fit

Last edited:

R2D2

Mora is toast.

Now it’s simply about working out the buyout ad what not.

Mike Norvell? Eh. I get douche vibes when thinking about him.

I like that coach at Purdue. John Wooden went to Purdue..

Just give me someone that coaches players up and actually makes halftime adjustments. UCLA hasn’t had a coach do that since Lou Spanos left for the Titans.

This guy:

7fe5acfbf74040c6a1d14749cefe6e18.jpg