• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

General OOTP Observations Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I have a few theories on the game... anyone think rest matters? I think it does especially depending on position.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I have a few theories on the game... anyone think rest matters? I think it does especially depending on position.

I BELIEVE it does, but I think it definitely depends on both the position and the player. I did look into it a bit with stats, but there is so much noise associated with SAD attitudes from losing teams that the sample size is small and that it makes it really hard to test some of my ideas. I have definitely noticed certain players tend to suffer at the plate when playing difficult defensive positions. Specifically, Catchers seem to hit better when they aren't starting at Catcher.

Wooly

Last year I used a pretty aggressive rotation to get regular days off, the most I have ever done. I had very few injury days. Anecdotal, but I believe it matters too, especially at CF. So much ground to cover for those guys.

doh

Last year I used a pretty aggressive rotation to get regular days off, the most I have ever done. I had very few injury days. Anecdotal, but I believe it matters too, especially at CF. So much ground to cover for those guys.
I think it does too at certain positions.

I BELIEVE it does, but I think it definitely depends on both the position and the player. I did look into it a bit with stats, but there is so much noise associated with SAD attitudes from losing teams that the sample size is small and that it makes it really hard to test some of my ideas. I have definitely noticed certain players tend to suffer at the plate when playing difficult defensive positions. Specifically, Catchers seem to hit better when they aren't starting at Catcher.
Check out the numbers on the HoG DH Haamid... one year he played catcher was his worst by far. I think it also partly explains why SS hitting is such shit because I think that position takes more out of guys.

One other theory: CF defense peaks around 23-24.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think it does too at certain positions.

Check out the numbers on the HoG DH Haamid... one year he played catcher was his worst by far. I think it also partly explains why SS hitting is such shit because I think that position takes more out of guys.

One other theory: CF defense peaks around 23-24.
Too small of a sample. SS suck at hitting because they all have bad ratings.

CF defense peaks as long as a player has good defensive ratings.

doh

Yeah but if they slid down the fielding scale, I bet they hit better.

And my CFs at least have had their best years before 23 defensively of late at least. I'd need more data or if anyone else has good defensive CFs who've slid once they hit 24-25.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Eh I doubt it in the case of the all timers like Noda and ToGo. They already hit so good, there's only so much more you could squeeze out of them.

doh

It did much a huge difference for Haamid who is top 5 hitter in WBL history.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
His Catcher ratings aren't great either, but if it's the best way to fit him in the lineup then he's not terrible back there. C is the one position I go full defense on where possible

Soonerfan09

His Catcher ratings aren't great either, but if it's the best way to fit him in the lineup then he's not terrible back there. C is the one position I go full defense on where possible
They aren't great, but they aren't terrible either. He even had a positive ZR and a 1.151 Eff rating in '65. Maybe what I should have said is either Gowing or RF Miguel 'Pooky' González is going to have to play the field...

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Did you even look at any of his stats, or just his catcher rating? I'm going to assume the latter.

He's going to get worn down as a catcher and possibly get a dtd injury and he's by far one of ur best hitters. Throw in he's not great at C and I don't know why you'd play him full time at C. There are some legit Cs in FA with good D that could play against RHP with him in the DH spot and him playing C every 5 or 6 games. If you don't care about defense put one of those guys at 1B and just take the occasional error.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We can say it's probably because he played catcher, but I still think it's too small a sample to be definitive.

Also my point is using one player is not enough data.

worst2first

I noticed that the game includes minors and independent leagues. Can you start with one of them and work your way up to a job in MLB? Does the AI hire and fire GMs or managers?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Minors definitely. Independent leagues as well, but you have to set up that league yourself ( I dont think the game comes with the Cape Cod League ?). You can also move from say, Holland to the MLB if you have both leagues turned on.

AI owners will give you goals to meet and you can turn on hire/fire

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You should try to learn what the hell to do while running the riggers into the ground instead!

Schauwn

Two questions:

1. I have multiple players that I'd like to get playing time at other positions, while starting at their main position. So, for example I have a player that needs to start 2B, but I also want to get him time at SS/3B. How can I do this? When I try and put him as the backup for those positions it doesn't let me.

2. Anyone have any two-way players? I have a guy that I'd like to get time in the field, but also in the bullpen. Is that possible? Because even though he shows up on my list of pitchers when I'm looking at my "pitching" screen, I can't drag him to my bullpen.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Two questions:

1. I have multiple players that I'd like to get playing time at other positions, while starting at their main position. So, for example I have a player that needs to start 2B, but I also want to get him time at SS/3B. How can I do this? When I try and put him as the backup for those positions it doesn't let me.

2. Anyone have any two-way players? I have a guy that I'd like to get time in the field, but also in the bullpen. Is that possible? Because even though he shows up on my list of pitchers when I'm looking at my "pitching" screen, I can't drag him to my bullpen.

1) Only way is to use 7-day lineups or take control of games urself.

2) Haven't used 2-way players since 16 or maybe even 15. Sorry

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
The first is a setting that was changed a while ago for our league. I have a lot of guys like that and I have to do them in platoons and/or give them certain days to play at certain positions.

I had a two way player in the minors and I could never get it to work where he was playing in the field and in the BP. Not sure if this is a settings issue (@Orlando any thoughts?) but I have a guy in the IC that might be a two way and I’d love to play him as one of it’s possible.

Wolfman21

seems my injury problems have crossed over to my offline Atlanta Braves sim. Ian Anderson, the #3 prospect in the game, in his first season starting for the Braves....70/65/60 ratings...4.5*....goes 18 innings allowing only 2 hits in his first two starts.......tears his labrum in start 3 which is a career ending injury. Fuckin A

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Best positions for this dude?

1NjKeXX.jpg

Wolfman21

i'd prefer LF over 2B. I'd like his error and turn DP to be above 60 atleast to be a middle IF. But he would be fine at either depending on what your team needs.

Wolfman21

On a similar note......do you guys think 40 arm is enough to play at SS? I remember having Joe Kirk play ++ SS for me back during the late 2040's, but i think he had a 45 arm

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
A bit too low for SS. Probably cant make anything more than th easiest 6-3 plays

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk