• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 Coaching Hot Seat/Carousel

fsuprime

index.php

DanishDonut0

I'd love Leach. Leach + Herbert = FAP.

Yeah by far the best option they have, IMO. I know he doesn't match with that NIKE OREGON SWAG and won't be a big time recruiter like crootin Willie, but were Chip's duck teams any different than the potential that Leach's would have? Chip's a pretty weird dude, so I don't see much of a difference there. I would take Leach's results with Belotti-era (and maybe with a ceiling of Chip-era) recruits. Even if they bombed recruiting, they can't do any worse than what he has to work with at WSU.

All the other names I've heard are garbage and I'll be left annoyed if they're chosen. Unless it's some sort of up and coming savant I've never heard of.

Brick

Yeah by far the best option they have, IMO. I know he doesn't match with that NIKE OREGON SWAG and won't be a big time recruiter like crootin Willie, but were Chip's duck teams any different than the potential that Leach's would have? Chip's a pretty weird dude, so I don't see much of a difference there. I would take Leach's results with Belotti-era (and maybe with a ceiling of Chip-era) recruits. Even if they bombed recruiting, they can't do any worse than what he has to work with at WSU.

All the other names I've heard are garbage and I'll be left annoyed if they're chosen. Unless it's some sort of up and coming savant I've never heard of.
I will be fucking mad if they try to hire someone from this staff to "salvage" one single recruiting class. Leavitt is apparently DONE DEAL gone, and there isn't another acceptable option there. We have no idea if these players are going to pan out. That is extremely short-sighted, and the roster is good enough the next two years to challenge for the Pac-12 title. It makes no sense. Good point about Chip Kelly's personality. That's right. I would love Leach.

Last edited:

DanishDonut0

Agree. Oregon has had success with with an above average recruiting class. I think people are just too stoked on bringing in such a high class and don't want to lose it now that they've felt the joy that we can actually achieve that (honestly who fucking cares). Look at all of the FSUs, LSUs, [insert shitty southern/SEC school] with yearly top recruiting classes followed by lolworthy seasons. Even if you go lower down the rankings - Tennessee and UCLA have pulled 12.2 and 13.6 average recruiting classes by Rivals the past 5 years. What have they done?

I'm sure Chip sold kids on putting up video game numbers, I don't see why it would be any different for Leach (assuming he already does). Good enough coaches will find the players that work. Give me a team of walk-ons with these guys over a top 5 with crouton Coach

Brick

People are just absolute morons about recruiting. So where would these guys rank in CORCH CROOT'S class this year? These guys would start anywhere.

Troy Dye ***
Justin Herbert ***
Jalen Jelks ***
Tyrell Crosby ***

Oregon is a place that will never dominate in recruiting over other power schools, so I will always prefer having a better actual coach as long as they have decent P5 players. Which they will with the facilities, branding, and recent success. Look no further than how terrible the defense was last year, to how good it was this year with basically the same roster with a coach that knew what he was doing (Leavitt).

Last edited:

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Taggart also won the introductiry walk according to ma'Facebook. Him doing the tomahawk chop and multiple people saying "yeah, he'lol do just fine!"

What wwere you worried he was going to undo all your fucking chants and gestures? "Cleared that hurdle!"

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
IMO they're worse. Impossibly, they somehow know LESS. Of course I'm separating them from FANTASY GUYS who just like playing fantasy and couldn't differentiate a man from a zone coverage, but the CFB people are just so much worse and dumber. AH WENT TUH DIS SCHOO SO AH LUV DIS TEAM FOREVAH.

However nothing is MORE enjoyable than being like, say, at a Wisconsin bar when they get their doors blown off and siphoning the sadness off of everyone. I wear my pants low as we all know which also makes it easier to hide my erection.

Also, most fans of NFL teams that suck dick know their teams suck dong. Ever met a Browns fan? For CFB there are a bunch of rust belt rejects out there who didn't sniff 500 points of a qualifying SAT score to attend Notre Dame that think even their shittiest most mediocre teams should be in a New Years Day bowl because of PRESTIGE or some shit.

I wear my pants low as we all know which also makes it easier to hide my erection.

Dying here. :laughing:

You make great points. My perspective is skewed probably because Colorado is BRONCOS COUNTRY!!! so I have significantly less exposure to the mouth breather cfb superfans.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah, I'm sure there's some personal bias going on here haha. Here's my timeline:

1-18: Surrounded by legions of both Ohio State and Michigan fans. This is during Michigan's big run in the 90s and by default I found them more obnoxious, but...
18-23: Surrounded by legions of Ohio State fans (still) with the added introduction of a bunch of ND fans due to Catholic association.
23+: Moved to DC and now surrounded by legions of fans of every possible reasonably big school, all of whom are much more devoted to being "fans" than they are rational observers of footbaw

Brick

I don't like Oregon going for all of these fired, retread corches. Is this the fucking NFL? I wouldn't be opposed to giving someone like Alex Grinch a chance. Tedford, Sumlin, Cristobal have not had their teams consistently compete for conference titles and finish in the top 25. None of those are exciting at all to me. Also Beau Baldwin, who beat Oregon State, Washington State, and played Oregon and Washington close, had a 85-32 overall and 58-14 conference record at Eastern Washington, won a National Championship, and whose offense would be a natural fit. He also knows the PNW well. And he's only 45. Are they just looking for someone who has a recognizable name?

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
I don't like Oregon going for all of these fired, retread corches. Is this the fucking NFL? I wouldn't be opposed to giving someone like Alex Grinch a chance. Tedford, Sumlin, Cristobal have not had their teams consistently compete for conference titles and finish in the top 25. None of those are exciting at all to me. Also Beau Baldwin, who beat Oregon State, Washington State, and played Oregon and Washington close, had a 85-32 overall and 58-14 conference record at Eastern Washington, won a National Championship, and whose offense would be a natural fit. He also knows the PNW well. And he's only 45. Are they just looking for someone who has a recognizable name?

What about going to the Kelly tree with Matt Lubick or Ryan Day? And while I'm starting to get excited about Heupel, Tony Elliott was still my preferred guy. He's going to be a hell of a coach somewhere.

Brick

What about going to the Kelly tree with Matt Lubick or Ryan Day? And while I'm starting to get excited about Heupel, Tony Elliott was still my preferred guy. He's going to be a hell of a coach somewhere.
I mean yeah, that's fine. I think Oregon should take a chance.

bruin

Leach has hit his ceiling at Washington State. But he interviewed for the Tennessee job. Nothing tells me a good year or two at Oregon, he wouldn’t do the same for another SEC job.

I’m sure Knight is thinking long term for this hire.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
IMO they're worse. Impossibly, they somehow know LESS. Of course I'm separating them from FANTASY GUYS who just like playing fantasy and couldn't differentiate a man from a zone coverage, but the CFB people are just so much worse and dumber. AH WENT TUH DIS SCHOO SO AH LUV DIS TEAM FOREVAH.

However nothing is MORE enjoyable than being like, say, at a Wisconsin bar when they get their doors blown off and siphoning the sadness off of everyone. I wear my pants low as we all know which also makes it easier to hide my erection.

Also, most fans of NFL teams that suck dick know their teams suck dong. Ever met a Browns fan? For CFB there are a bunch of rust belt rejects out there who didn't sniff 500 points of a qualifying SAT score to attend Notre Dame that think even their shittiest most mediocre teams should be in a New Years Day bowl because of PRESTIGE or some shit.
giphy.gif

Lightningwar

Administrator
I haven't seen any butthurt. None of us would even care except for Oregon fans. To me, I just don't understand why he was the top choice and they didn't even talk to anyone else.

FSU did reach out to other coaches. Taggart was their choice due to his recruiting abilities, and knows Florida. He is also 41 years old and turned two horseshit teams around.

The list I heard FSU reached out to besides Taggart was

Sumlin
Fuentes
Frost
And the rumor was true, they even contacted Bob Stoops.

I think Frost was their first choice but he turned them down immediately for Nebraska. Taggart then became the target.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
That's why it is confusing to me. It ain't hard to recruit at FSU and they don't need someone to turn around their dog shit program. I mean believe me, I understand you can only hire people who want the jerb, but I damn sure wouldn't be excited about Taggart.

Brick

I am also wondering where this CROOTIN thing comes from now, too. Besides this Oregon class that is going to be blown up, here are the national rankings for his RIvAllaZ classes:

2017 USF: #69
2016 USF: #70
2015 USF: #58
2014 USF: #39
2013 WKU: #90
2012 WKU: #75
2011 WKU: #90

So his greatest accomplishment as a coach, besides allowing Quentin Flowers to run around like an asshole and save his job, is a recruiting class at Oregon that he didn't even stick around to complete.

You have to give credit to the guy for landing this job, as he's done nothing notable at all.

fsuprime

fsu isnt gonna come out with some trogg UF search where they think shanahan near his peak or multiple nfl or big time cfb coaches will interview and then settle for zook/meyer(homerun)/muschamp/swamp donkey as their 5th choice each time.

i think they compiled a realistic short list and went adter top guy on it, most of the vetting had been done by oregon the year before ty uncle Phil Knight.

wondering what Cristobal will do, he is on recird as saying he will never corch da garnet and gold turnt exposed chain for life etc..

NML

Don’t want to defend CROOTIN too much, but #75 for Western Kentucky and #39 for USF are impressive

Brick

Don’t want to defend CROOTIN too much, but #75 for Western Kentucky and #39 for USF are impressive
Pre-Taggart:
2009: #29
2010: #62
2011: #63
2012: #49

Taggart:
2017 USF: #69
2016 USF: #70
2015 USF: #58
2014 USF: #39

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Honestly the crooting thing comes because he is black. People always think black guys are better crooters than they are due to 90% of the good croots being black.

Brick

Post-Taggart
2018: #64
2017: #84
2016: #97
2014: #77

Taggart
2013 WKU: #90
2012 WKU: #75
2011 WKU: #90

Lightningwar

Administrator
That's why it is confusing to me. It ain't hard to recruit at FSU and they don't need someone to turn around their dog shit program. I mean believe me, I understand you can only hire people who want the jerb, but I damn sure wouldn't be excited about Taggart.

When Miami has Richt and UF finally has a competent coach. FSU needs to also have a hell of a recruiter to keep up. Regardless of what some want to believe. To be in the top echelon requires top classes followed by coaching them up. Taggart hits both of these bullet points.

Anyways I dont think anybody hired him to turn the shit around. They hired him to maintain the ship and move forward. Fisher for his faults did leave the cupboard full. We get to see what his offense can do with a bunch of 4 and 5 stars.

There isn't a lot of guys out there that imo would be able to jump in and hit the ground running in Florida recruiting. This guy had a top 5 class at Oregon for fucks sake. That would be their best class ever if he stuck around.

I am very excited about Taggart. His Gulf Coast offense with FSUs athletes will be exciting to watch. Unlike the last 3 years of playing NFL at the college level with QBs that dont know the system. We may be able to beat teams by more than 10 points finally.

Brick

I am very excited about Taggart. His Gulf Coast offense with FSUs athletes will be exciting to watch. Unlike the last 3 years of playing NFL at the college level with QBs that dont know the system. We may be able to beat teams by more than 10 points finally.
What the hell? He absolutely owes his job to Quentin Flowers and Justin Herbert, and they're being called a handicap here? They are both great college QBs. He would have been fired at USF without Flowers, and without Herbert this year they were absolutely miserable on offense. His NFL offense at USF was a complete failure.