• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NFL: ALL HAIL THE ACID SHARKS

evil1

I will say this for Manziel going to Cleveland, the Browns have notoriously struck out when it has come to drafting QBs. But, if you are going to take a chance with a QB in round #1, it makes much more sense to gamble on a player with Manziel's upside.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Finally the Browns have come back to Madden Ranked Games

the-rock.jpg

I will say this for Manziel going to Cleveland, the Browns have notoriously struck out when it has come to drafting QBs. But, if you are going to take a chance with a QB in round #1, it makes much more sense to gamble on a player with Manziel's upside.

And it makes a lot more sense to take that gamble near the bottom of the first round than the top.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The Browns need to get a good back today and I think their offense will be pretty set.

Meanwhile, still killing myself over Bortles.

NML

Hoping the Jags get Marquis Lee or Sua-Filo with the 7th pick this round. Maybe Bishop Sankey in the 3rd? Still need a center, as well.

NML

Could see Browns or Oakland taking Lee, I'd be shocked if he made it to Jax. Injury concerns seems to be pushing him. Gon be reel good doe

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Yeah I would think Cleveland would be interested in case Gordon goes one toke over the line, sweet Jesus, one toke over the line

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Denver - I also wish Denver would have drafted Bridgewater. It is extremely rare to have all the QBs drop so far when most teams will overreach for 2nd-3rd round players in a lot of years, so having a potential franchise QB like him available at that spot was pretty sweet. Still, that pick wouldn't have fit at all with their vision (win this year) so picking a player who will start week 1 (if only because we don't have enough starting CBs) has the most impact on this year. I still wish Denver would have just kept DRC and signed Talib too (at the expense of not signing Ware). Still, I'm not Horse-face so who am I to second guess? He did get an instant impact player at #31 and that's about the best you can expect in this situation.

Jacksonville - lol. Bortles doesn't look as bad as I was joking about. I watched him in a couple of games and he wasn't a completely immobile goober. He moved around the pocket well and was able to make yardage when the pocket broke down. His throwing motion and footwork actually look worse than Tebow's did coming out of college to me doe, lol. You besmirch Tebows good name and then draft a QB who also has a long funky windup for deep throws. LOL. I will make an avatar bet with all comers. Bortles will not be a better NFL QB than Tim Tebow (Winning Career Record, Playoff win). In order to surpass Tebow, Bortles will need 2 winning seasons OR 2 playoff wins. I predict he'll achieve neither

THE browns. Got good value for manziel and are not actually that bad of a team. I still give him about 60% chance of being a complete trainwreck of a douchebag, but a 40% chance at a great QB is better than the normal Browns success rate. After the Browns advertised the Bridgewater thing, I figured they were either the dumbest franchise in sports history or that was their ham-fisted attempt at a diversion. When they didn't pick Bridgewater early, I figured it was a diversion and that they wanted to trade back in and get Johnny Footbaw. I think it was a pretty risky maneuver knowing that even teams with established QBs might roll the dice on FOotbaw as the round wore on.

The Vikings. I still think Bridgewater will be the best QB of the bunch. Great value here for the #1 rated QB by supercomputer. I predict he will limit turnovers and make plays when necessary. With Peterson as your RB, this is absolutely a perfect fit. I think this is by far the best QB fit of the bunch and he should be leading them to the playoffs in no time.

R2D2

The Browns have seriously done well so war. Upgraded their #2 CB with Gilbert, who is superior in my opinion to Skrine who was their #2 last season, and upgraded the QB position. Maybe.

They also won that trade with the Bills. The Bills are guaranteed to go < 6-10 this season. That's at least a top 12 pick next season. So, the Browns will have possibly two top 12 picks next season. Watch out for the Browns in the future. If they continue to draft smart, they could be a playoff lock.

NML

I went and watched Bortles pro day, which is when he started getting legitimate #1 hype, and he definitely had improved his arm motion. Not sure if that will translate to the game or not, but it did look A LOT quicker.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Your thoughts on FSUPrime's claim that Christian Ponder is better than Tebow?

He's a homer. We all know who won the head to head matchup. That might have been Tebow's third best "run around like an asshole" game and Ponder threw it away with some fucking bonehead picks.

0:24 - Ponder throws pick 6 to a fucking linebacker

0:38 - one of the finest examples of Tebow's ability to run around like an asshole. Makes Jared Allen look fucking dumb and then stiff-arms some other poor plebe and says GTFO then as he's going out of bounds he makes a perfectly stupid throw across his body to DT who scores a TD

1:05 - Denver needs a 2-pt conversion. Is there any QB in the league you'd rather have than Tebow when you need a 2-pt conversion with a game on the line? Minnesota might as well not even line up for this snap because there is no fucking way you are stopping Tebow here. Great blocking by Orlando Franklin to be sure, but some liltte plebe tries to hit Tebow at the goalline and he doesn't even slow down.

1:18 - Throwing the pick 6 wasn't bad enough, so here we have trog-king ponder throwing the game away. Tied game 90 seconds left and that's the throw the mongoloid ponder tries to make into heavy coverage. HA HA HA H HA HA

So tell me again how Ponder > Tebow.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

But wait...there's more... that wasn't the only H2H matchup

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}November 24, 2007{/td}
{td}Gainesville, FL{/td}
{td}#14 Florida{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}Florida State{/td}
{td}12{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}November 29, 2008{/td}
{td}Tallahassee, FL{/td}
{td}#4 Florida{/td}
{td}45{/td}
{td}#24 Florida State{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}November 28, 2009{/td}
{td}Gainesville, FL{/td}
{td}#1 Florida{/td}
{td}37{/td}
{td}Florida State{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Name ur terms, NML. I almost feel bad for the jags taking Bortles there. Hindsight is 20/20 but look at how far down the other QBs went and there is no way that many teams had Bortles rated higher than JFF.

R2D2

Lol at this:

Which first-round quarterback will have the best NFL career?

• 37%
    Blake Bortles (3rd, Jaguars)

• 33%
    Johnny Manziel (22nd, Browns)

• 30%
    Teddy Bridgewater (32nd, Vikings)

Brick

of course, g8r brings up head-to-head matchups with players never on the field at the same time.

NML

Well if the idea is that he's better than Tebow - then he only needs one winning season (Denver went 8-8 that year) or two playoff wins. Although I think the former will be accomplished before the latter (assuming one is accomplished).

GR8 2 B FL G8R

of course, g8r brings up head-to-head matchups with players never on the field at the same time.

Of course, this illiterate secretary of H8 accuses me of something FSUPrime started, Travis continued, and I finished

Did you like my "Finally the Rock has come back to church" allusion?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
They also won that trade with the Bills. The Bills are guaranteed to go < 6-10 this season. That's at least a top 12 pick next season.

Cool.

How about a wager? I'll take the over on 6.5 wins, you take the under.

Sound fair?

-YTC

NML

Also this stat

Bortles completed 52.9 percent of his passes thrown at least 25 yards downfield last season. That’s the highest of any first-round pick from the past three seasons.

That includes Luck, RG3, Tannenhill, and Newton.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Well if the idea is that he's better than Tebow - then he only needs one winning season (Denver went 8-8 that year) or two playoff wins. Although I think the former will be accomplished before the latter (assuming one is accomplished).

Tebow had a winning season as the starter that year with an 7-4 record. Don't saddle me with Orton's 1-4 start as a negative, it should make Tebow's record even more impressive. As a starter for his NFL career Tebow went 8-6 (9-7 if you count playoffs)which is close enough to one season. So if Bortles wants to be a BETTER QB than Tebow he needs 2 or more winning seasons as a starter or 2 or more playoff wins. He won't get either.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Also this stat

That includes Luck, RG3, Tannenhill, and Newton.

Tim Tebow had one of the highest deep ball passer ratings in the league. I'm not kidding. He couldn't hit a 5 yard slant route, but he was accurate deep.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Tebow had a winning season as the starter that year with an 7-4 record. Don't saddle me with Orton's 1-4 start as a negative, it should make Tebow's record even more impressive. As a starter for his NFL career Tebow went 8-6 which is close enough to one season. So if Bortles wants to be a BETTER QB than Tebow he needs 2 or more winning seasons as a starter or 2 or more playoff wins. He won't get either.

Let's compare the talent situations around them. Jacksonville has a long way to go in terms of offensive weapons to even get close to what Denver had when Tebow was there.

NML

Tebow had a winning season as the starter that year with an 7-4 record. Don't saddle me with Orton's 1-4 start as a negative, it should make Tebow's record even more impressive. As a starter for his NFL career Tebow went 8-6 which is close enough to one season. So if Bortles wants to be a BETTER QB than Tebow he needs 2 or more winning seasons as a starter or 2 or more playoff wins. He won't get either.

Fair enough. Bortles must get either

1) two seasons with a winning record as a starter (we'll say, minimum of 10 games started?)

or

2) two playoff wins as a starter

Loser must sport an avatar of the others choosing for three years. Deal?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Let's compare the talent situations around them. Jacksonville has a long way to go in terms of offensive weapons to even get close to what Denver had when Tebow was there.

Bullshit. Denver was coming off a 2-14 season and Tebow inherited the team after a 1-4 start. When Tebow became the starter they were one of the very worst teams in the league with an "old washed up RB" and a couple of completely unproven young players at WR. Tebow turned the franchise around and you try to saddle him with that as a negative.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Fair enough. Bortles must get either

1) two seasons with a winning record as a starter (we'll say, minimum of 10 games started?)

or

2) two playoff wins as a starter

Loser must sport an avatar of the others choosing for three years. Deal?

Deal