• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018-2109 LAME

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
e3kcok5pymo21.jpg

SUNFLORAS
Damn I thought I blocked @Hachiko

evil1

In the last two years, the Lakers got rid of all of the bad contracts off their books, signed one of the top 5 players in the league, preserved a promising group of young players, and opened enough cap space to sign two more max players.

This year was still a disappointment, but Magic's tenure has the franchise in a decent position to go forward.

evil1

In actual game news, do we need a RUSS-like moniker for Paul George?

I am desperately wanting a Houston-OKC first round match-up.

NML

In the last two years, the Lakers got rid of all of the bad contracts off their books

by trading away all-stars for cap relief you mean

preserved a promising group of young players

I’ve got to laugh at “preserved” - I think you mean he very publicly tried to trade all of them and was shot down because they aren’t that promising

This year was still a disappointment, but Magic's tenure has the franchise in a decent position to go forward.

If they have any optimism going forward, it’s because of lebron, and not anything Magic did (depending on how much credit you give him for that).

I think magic made sense as a hire as the focus of the organization was their big comeback to relevance, and I’m sure that played a part in a lot of his moves (trading Russell to get Timofey off the books, for example). He probably felt pressure to immediately turn around the team when they simply didn’t have the assets to do that.

He was never an executive though, which was my main takeaway from that stream-of-consciousness press conference. He’s been hit with tampering and way too open with his intentions. I think a underrated part of his tenure is how he basically told everyone he was taking Lonzo, letting Ainge trade back with no risk (which ultimately may cost the Lakers AD).

evil1

by trading away all-stars for cap relief you mean

They traded away D'Angelo Russell. While he was a nice story this season, he made the All Star team in the East. Even then it was as an injury replacement for Victor Oladipo, so you are kind of stretching the definition.

That trade is also how the Lakers got Kyle Kuzma. So if the question is should the Lakers have traded D'Angelo Russell for Kyle Kuzma in a salary cap move that also allowed them to sign LeBron James, I think the answer is a definitive yes.

You are right that the Lakers collected their young players just to try to get rid of them in a desperate trade for AD. But that is an odd criticism coming from you considering that the Celtics were all but begging the Pelicans to wait until the summer to trade AD so that the Celtics could trade them their young players instead.

NML

They traded away D'Angelo Russell. While he was a nice story this season, he made the All Star team in the East. Even then it was as an injury replacement for Victor Oladipo, so you are kind of stretching the definition.

That trade is also how the Lakers got Kyle Kuzma. So if the question is should the Lakers have traded D'Angelo Russell for Kyle Kuzma in a salary cap move that also allowed them to sign LeBron James, I think the answer is a definitive yes.

You are right that the Lakers collected their young players just to try to get rid of them in a desperate trade for AD. But that is an odd criticism coming from you considering that the Celtics were all but begging the Pelicans to wait until the summer to trade AD so that the Celtics could trade them their young players instead.

I don’t think I’m stretching the definition when he was an all star. You can say he’s actually not very good, which is fine, but I would disagree. Even with LaVert missing a huge part of the season, he carried them to the playoffs - which yes it’s the east, but when we talked about guys like Booker who can’t win 25 games, getting to .500 and the playoffs is noteworthy.

And “well they got LeBron” is a fine take about trading him away, but if they don’t get someone else to pair with him, getting LeBron doesn’t do much (as evidence by them winning two more games with him than last year).

And I’m not criticizing Magic trying to make that trade, I’m mocking you for saying he “preserved young players” when he tried to do the exact opposite. They are only on the team because they aren’t as promising as you seem to think they are

MSUFanatic

I don’t think I’m stretching the definition when he was an all star. You can say he’s actually not very good, which is fine, but I would disagree. Even with LaVert missing a huge part of the season, he carried them to the playoffs - which yes it’s the east, but when we talked about guys like Booker who can’t win 25 games, getting to .500 and the playoffs is noteworthy.

And “well they got LeBron” is a fine take about trading him away, but if they don’t get someone else to pair with him, getting LeBron doesn’t do much (as evidence by them winning two more games with him than last year).

And I’m not criticizing Magic trying to make that trade, I’m mocking you for saying he “preserved young players” when he tried to do the exact opposite. They are only on the team because they aren’t as promising as you seem to think they are

Why can't the players both be promising and not traded? Why is that mutually exclusive?

I'm not the biggest ZO, Kuzma, Ingram fan, but to say they aren't a promising core solely because the Pelicans didn't want them seems wrong.

evil1

I am still waiting for Lonzo to show me something special, but I am high up on Brandon Ingram (18.3 pts, 5.1 rebs, 3.0 assts on 50% shooting) and Kyle Kuzma (18.7 pts, 5.5 rebs, 2.5 assts on 45% shooting).

It wasn't as if the Lakers were trying cut those players or trade them for marginal starters. They were trying to trade for one of the top 5 players in the NBA. Even though the trade attempts for AD failed miserably, the Lakers didn't actually lose anybody. The team still has the option of keeping them for the future or trying to trade them for another big name player.

I don't quite get the idea that because the Lakers were willing to trade them for AD, it must mean they are not as promising as people think. No, it just means that AD is really, really good. I am also just going to point out that apparrently Danny Ainge is willing to trade some combination of Jason Tatum, Jaylen Brown, and Marcus Smart for AD. By your logic, does that mean that Tatum, Brown and Smart are not promising either?

NML

Why can't the players both be promising and not traded? Why is that mutually exclusive?

I'm not the biggest ZO, Kuzma, Ingram fan, but to say they aren't a promising core solely because the Pelicans didn't want them seems wrong.

It’s semantics it’s terms of “what does promising mean?” I think those three are young, plus players at their respective positions, but that their ceilings are below all star level. Does that make them promising?

I am still waiting for Lonzo to show me something special, but I am high up on Brandon Ingram (18.3 pts, 5.1 rebs, 3.0 assts on 50% shooting) and Kyle Kuzma (18.7 pts, 5.5 rebs, 2.5 assts on 45% shooting).

It wasn't as if the Lakers were trying cut those players or trade them for marginal starters. They were trying to trade for one of the top 5 players in the NBA. Even though the trade attempts for AD failed miserably, the Lakers didn't actually lose anybody. The team still has the option of keeping them for the future or trying to trade them for another big name player.

I don't quite get the idea that because the Lakers were willing to trade them for AD, it must mean they are not as promising as people think. No, it just means that AD is really, really good. I am also just going to point out that apparrently Danny Ainge is willing to trade some combination of Jason Tatum, Jaylen Brown, and Marcus Smart for AD. By your logic, does that mean that Tatum, Brown and Smart are not promising either?

What does whether or not they were offered have anything to do with how good they are?

If NOLA trades AD for some combination of those players, then yes it means they are more promising then the Lakers players

bruin

all errz talk on this page and I've said how trash the FO was but Zo and Bron and lakers bros gif living in ur heads damn gina.

can we get athread title change @pavel

sell the team jeanie or hire bob myers.

jerry west gonna piss on magics statue

Soonerfan09

Haha, here's the video of Dirk's last shot. Pop clapping after he made it is so great.

This is what sports are. That’s great! I’ve always liked Dirk. Hopefully when Buddy’s time comes, he will he something similar. Reminds me of his game against Kansas.
Good for them, Wade as well.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
In a valiant one-game tank effort to avoid the Thunder in the playoffs, The Trailblazers sat their top 8 rotations players and played their two rookies the entire game. At one point, they were down by 28 points. The ended up winning 136-131 to again finish as the three seed. They will play the Thunder and most likely get swept again. How about that

GR8 2 B FL G8R

In a valiant one-game tank effort to avoid the Thunder in the playoffs, The Trailblazers sat their top 8 rotations players and played their two rookies the entire game. At one point, they were down by 28 points. The ended up winning 136-131 to again finish as the three seed. They will play the Thunder and most likely get swept again. How about that
Jus Blazzzzeeee

Dr. Shats Basoon

For any other fourm's posters who are curious about what Bhad Bhabie aka Danielle Bregoli has been up to since she went viral, I am happy to report she is doing extremely well. She moved from Florida to LA, started a reality TV show and has a blossoming music career. a TMZ article speculates she is on track to make around $10 million dollars.

Noisey: Do you remember the first time you were on social media?
Bhad Bhabie:
Yeah, I had Instagram and Snapchat as a kid and I used to post the dumbing most irrelevant posts. I started my first Instagram when I was nine or ten and my username was LONGLIVEA$AP followed by some numbers. For the photo, I used that iconic image of A$AP Rocky from the tape's cover. I was a huge A$AP Rocky fan, but I just found out he was 30.

Do you think it's interesting how your rap career sprouted?
Yes, I think it's very different. I try to keep the past in the past, what happened already happened. I can't really sugarcoat it, I used to be bad as fuck. But I just didn't care, and when you don't care and there's nothing for you to give a fuck about, you just act out and do what you want to do. I wasn't focused on getting good grades and staying in the clubs at school. My mother didn't really try to punish me because it's like, what can you do? You're going to lock me in my room? Well I'm going to sneak out the window.

Do you think young people are going through a lot of the stuff you went through back then?
In this generation, all the kids are bad. All of them. There's always those parents that are like, "not my angel, not my angel." Oh yeah? Not your kid, right? Kids are getting smarter and realizing things, and no one cares anymore. The next generation, kids are going to be smart enough to not even believe in Santa Claus. They're going to be smart enough to put it together and be like, "How'd he get in the house? This fat guy got down the chimney?" Sometimes I wonder how my mom played me with Santa, I should have realized that shit.

Do you think the internet and social media played a role in maturing kids younger?
Yes. It's not even their fault. Sometimes I'm around kids scrolling through TikTok or whatever and that iLOVEFRiDAY "Mia Khalifa" song will pop up and I'll be like, "Stop listening to that! No!" This girl listening is like seven, she doesn't understand what this song means. It's not her fault, she's just scrolling through TikTok or Musical.ly, which should be a child's app, but all of this music is on there, so, duh, they're going to put two and two together.

Do you think the music industry itself has played a role in feeding mature messages to kids? Maybe even to sell more records?
Every kid right now wants a face tat. Every kid right now wants to dye their hair bright colors and get dreads and look like their favorite rapper. They all want to be unique, but they're just all doing the same thing. It's just a race to see who can do it stupider. No one wants to see, "Oh, look at this talented person doing this." It's more, "Oh who can do it cracked out on the floor." That's what kids are seeing so that's what they think is cool. What they should be seeing is, "Oh look, this went Gold or this went Platinum," seeing people do good things. But no, what are they seeing? Them acting dumb.

How has moving to LA been different than Florida? Do you think it's affecting you positively or negatively?
It just gets on my nerves because since being here and being constantly photographed I keep thinking like, "Do I need to be wearing more makeup? Or do something different?" But then I remember, since when do I give a fuck? Out of all the people out there I probably give a fuck the least. It's trying to turn me into a little Hollywood demon, but I always remember who I am. When people want to say shit to me, remember, I've said it all to myself already. I have to check myself or else I'll fall into it.

What's your relationship with your mom like now?
When I go out shopping I try to buy her stuff, but she doesn't really want anything. I bought her one Balenciaga wallet and she hasn't really asked for anything else. Sometimes we fight, and sometimes she feels left out of decisions, but then two minutes later she's cooking me food and the fight is over.

When you signed that make-up deal for almost a million dollars I saw you went to McDonald's to celebrate.
Yeah, me and my best friend went to McDonald's and got sweet tea. Then I went to the Santa Monica promenade and spent a lot of money, my mom was not happy.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
God I can't wait until they all have face tattoos. That would be perfect. Would really simplify my efforts to judge people I don't know anything about.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
420 is sandwiched between games 3 and 4, tentative plan is to get tossed on Sazerac friday night, smoke myself into a coma all day Saturday and be up in time to watch the Blazahs complete the sweep Sunday with a nice english breakfast and some L

Can we pls hang when am in Iowa this summer? Kthx

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I was at the NUGGZ game last night, the bomb dot com cyclone kept it from being a great atmosphere as well as the limp dick play from the NUGGZ for 90% of the game. Down 11 with 4 minutes to go and win on a 15-0 run...it almost felt rigged lol.

Everything panned perfectly for the NUGGZ, Houston moving down to 4th means Denver wouldn't face them until the conference finals. Obviously you can't underestimate Popp and if the NUGGZ come limp dick like they did towards the end of this regular season they will get fucked, but I'm not scared of the Spurs talent wise at all.

Dr. Shats Basoon

I was at the NUGGZ game last night, the bomb dot com cyclone kept it from being a great atmosphere as well as the limp dick play from the NUGGZ for 90% of the game. Down 11 with 4 minutes to go and win on a 15-0 run...it almost felt rigged lol.

Everything panned perfectly for the NUGGZ, Houston moving down to 4th means Denver wouldn't face them until the conference finals. Obviously you can't underestimate Popp and if the NUGGZ come limp dick like they did towards the end of this regular season they will get fucked, but I'm not scared of the Spurs talent wise at all.

I'd be terrified about the first few games, if they drop 1 there I'd watch out. Popp against young Nuggz without much playoff experience? Luckily the Spurs have been awful on the road.

Reactions: Wuf

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I'd be terrified about the first few games, if they drop 1 there I'd watch out. Popp against young Nuggz without much playoff experience? Luckily the Spurs have been awful on the road.

Jokic just can't be shy, he has a decisive post advantage against anybody on that roster and he needs to assert himself as such. I agree that a strong home stand these first 2 games is gonna be crucial. NUGGZ definitely can't come with this weak shit I've been seeing lately, or Popp will clown on 'em.

NML

Free space should be “Jazz fan says something racist”

Utah trying to knock Boston off the “most hated fan base” podium. So much whining