• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
President Trophy is a total curse especially in a sport where getting hot (and/or healthy) at the end of March is usually the best sign of playoff success

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
President Trophy is a total curse especially in a sport where getting hot (and/or healthy) at the end of March is usually the best sign of playoff success

This has to be the grimmest exit of all time for a President's Trophy-winner.

Simo77

Pretty crazy to see Tampa dumped in 4. Columbus roster finally came together. They look really strong for now.

Crosby with 0 shots in an elimination game. Did hit a post. Still fans and haters alike would have to have expect more. Anything. Trotz got that Pens answer key.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
qSkc94p.jpg

Simo77

I don't think he's been that bad. Games 2 and 3 he was great. I think the team as a whole has been dreadful the entire time. The majority of the goals he's let in haven't been where he flubbed it or it squeezed through or he didn't seal a post.(Previous 2 years say hi) It's wide open guys on the back post or slot with 2-5 Preds just hanging out. It'd have been nice if he came up with a save early in game 4 but it also would have been nice if the team around him didn't take 4 penalties to start the game. I have a hard time singling out Rinne when the team has been so bad. How about convert a power play once. Or Ekholm not go to the box 3 times a night. Or tie up a stick once in a while. For them to be ahead right now you'd be asking Rinne to steal every game. And they are because they've been shit.

Simo77

Wut? How?

Rinne has done plenty of playoff bed shitting but was easily the best Predator this series. Wasn't much competition. Not good enough but the team mostly just waited to see if he could steal 4 games. I don't think they do wholesale changes but people gonna get shipped out. Whoever is in charge of the the powerplay should be fired into the sun. Bums indeed.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Dominik Hasek's 70-save playoff shutout: An oral history, 25 years later

Randy Moeller, my teammate at the time, comes by and announces to the team: "Will somebody score, please? Because I have a babysitter and it's costing me a lot of money tonight."

Ken Daneyko, New Jersey Devils defenseman (April 1994): We had like 63,000 chances. But we weren't going to put nothing by Hasek.

Brodeur: You'd probably have to put him on top of the greatest goalies. For the great players, the more you see of them, the more you get them. Like with [Wayne] Gretzky, I got him, but I played more against Mario Lemieux. And I was able to see the effect that he had. Dominik is in the same vein. I played so much against him, so I understand how good he was.