• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

New League Discussion

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Honestly I think the best fix is to just manually prop up Paris and Lisbon for now. They are both fucked for different reasons on Tickets (one way too low, the other way too high) and messing with league settings too much leads to weird results (like Doh getting 15M extra because of more attendance + visitor's gate share), I think the small tweaks I posted earlier will be enough but it's mainly a ticket prices thing.

It's actually pretty funny because whichever direction I put the settings, either Lisbon gets worse or Paris does, because of what their season Tix were set at, lol.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
This was always the toughest part. Trying to find compromise that made necessary change while keeping long time owners happy.

If you vets still have fun playing this game, I think you should consider at least hearing out @NML. Hopefully some new or returning owners will speak up on why they didn’t rejoin sooner. I think that would really help the conversation and would show early engagement and activity.

That said, I’m stepping away regardless of outcome. It’s been a lot of fun at times, but I’ve had burnout that 6+ months couldn’t really fix. I hope you guys keep things going and consider starting fresh. It was a fun way to interact with people on the forum.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Like I said, I think we are definitely hearing out NML and the new owners, that list I posted some 4 pages ago are all changes we can make to help keep the WBL healthy and I think in the long run that'll be healthier than a new league with shaky immersion. These financial issues are fixable, it basically just requires an all caps bolded FAQ post about how to set ticket prices and what to do when tanking to make sure you dont hit 90M in budget

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
And why can't wooly come back?

Has enough time passed? Can measures be put in place to ensure there is no repeat? If people are needed, I don't think the league is in any position to turn people away

Just my .02

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Look I'll run the WBL no matter what, even if Karl also quits and it's just me, Rutgers Mike, and Lloyd riding off into the sunset in a 4 team league where we all 3 lose to the AI. But I am done arguing in this thread for now, I've said everything you all need to start a succesful side league financially speaking, and I do think we can fix the WBL as it stands as I and Karl and Orlando (RIP) have laid out. If new owners want to come in and provide their input(OU, Schauwn, Reel, Goblue, Worst)? to a revamped WBL then excellent, if hayvis and NML don't think that's far enough and you two want to start a league in tandem, that's also great.

I think it's in bad faith to argue that there is no chance at saving the WBL and we're all dying and none of the owners care anymore, and that's pretty much the only thing I am hearing from NML and hayvis, so I'll save my breath on that.

ZackMills

Have mercy
It is pretty clear to me that HE is the only one that can save this

694940094001_5177213168001_Curt-Schilling-Polls-are-underrepresenting-Trump-support.jpg

Perhaps @Reel or @sportsgamer can use their social media presence to lure him here.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I just think arguing from "WE NEED A NEW LEAGUE YOURS IS DYING" with just two people shouting from the rooftops while we even had two of the new owners suggest or state they'd join the WBL again is only baking cookies to bake cookies. I think Karl and I and Orlando have done a good job of taking into account the suggestions and I've spent all day either prepping tutorials or planning rule changes, but I feel like you two have your mind set on a new league and no matter what we three (now two) do you two are going to leave to start a new one, so that's all good with me. Like I said, I've given you guys what you need to setup a new league and avoid some of the pitfalls, though assuming we still have enough for 16 teams with AI I presume those changes will also be made in the WBL (probably in a few days when this blows over I'll take this to the rule change thread).

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Look I'll run the WBL no matter what, even if Karl also quits and it's just me, Rutgers Mike, and Lloyd riding off into the sunset in a 4 team league where we all 3 lose to the AI. But I am done arguing in this thread for now, I've said everything you all need to start a succesful side league financially speaking, and I do think we can fix the WBL as it stands as I and Karl and Orlando (RIP) have laid out. If new owners want to come in and provide their input(OU, Schauwn, Reel, Goblue, Worst)? to a revamped WBL then excellent, if hayvis and NML don't think that's far enough and you two want to start a league in tandem, that's also great.

I think it's in bad faith to argue that there is no chance at saving the WBL and we're all dying and none of the owners care anymore, and that's pretty much the only thing I am hearing from NML and hayvis, so I'll save my breath on that.
I just think arguing from "WE NEED A NEW LEAGUE YOURS IS DYING" with just two people shouting from the rooftops while we even had two of the new owners suggest or state they'd join the WBL again is only baking cookies to bake cookies. I think Karl and I and Orlando have done a good job of taking into account the suggestions and I've spent all day either prepping tutorials or planning rule changes, but I feel like you two have your mind set on a new league and no matter what we three (now two) do you two are going to leave to start a new one, so that's all good with me. Like I said, I've given you guys what you need to setup a new league and avoid some of the pitfalls, though assuming we still have enough for 16 teams with AI I presume those changes will also be made in the WBL (probably in a few days when this blows over I'll take this to the rule change thread).

NML

Yeah man, seems like y’all got it figured out. Best of luck

NML

When are you starting ur league so I can play in both and decide which I like best?

If y’all don’t want a new league, I’m not gonna start one. I gave y’all a list of owners to CROOT that said they were interested. Reach out to them and #savethewbl

Bdub

If you guys want to start a new league or continue the WBL on my server, can I please get some donations for the next year? It's $7 a month. Last time I asked in November, I only got about $30.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
If you guys want to start a new league or continue the WBL on my server, can I please get some donations for the next year? It's $7 a month. Last time I asked in November, I only got about $30.

What was ur paypal associated email again?

NML

I’ll close with this:

I think new owners want to start fresh - I think that veteran owners who truly love their team and history can understand this. That’s the obvious thing that “the WBL is fine” crew maybe doesn’t think about.

If y’all can add them to the WBL effectively, that’s great. I don’t think it’ll happen but it’s great if it can.

If you are a current owner that would be interested in moving to a new league, just shoot me a PM. I won’t be doing anything in the near future as I’ll let the WBL crew have a chance to figure this out. But if a bunch of the current owners are up to switching (frankly, pretty much all of you said yes but I won’t hold you to it), then maybe that is the best move.

I won’t announce/create anything new for a couple days and see what happens with the WBL. This should be one of the (if not the top) most active areas of the forum. I’m hoping to recreate that, but I'm not gonna be petulant and actively sabotage the current league to make that happen. Hopefully y’all figure it out :thumbsup:

jdlikewhoa

Again - it’s great that veteran owners don’t see an issue starting from the bottom. But please point to the last example of an owner that started at the bottom and stuck around. Maybe wolfman? Tony won a WS his first season so he doesn’t count
Do self imposed bottoms count?

jdlikewhoa

How do these changes sound?

Budget floor
Otto 2.0 where we make them active in free agency
No IFA

I think this would keep the Otto teams from falling too far and becoming total dumpster fires. They might even finish ahead of some of our more inept owners!

No
Please God
No

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
How did we go from just inserting new owners, resetting budgets, making a couple rule changes and simming ahead to all but 3 people taking their ball and going home.
Idk if it's the liquor I've consumed but this shit got me fucking rolling LMAO

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Why don't we turn on OTTO FA signings but then short sim in the offseason? Was that not a useful workaround?
I think they sign too quickly even on 3 day sims, which changed in newer versions of OOTP. Same problem with IFA and stuff.

Letting Otto sign after the start of ST should help prevent star players going teamless, and making sure we watch their Orgs (fixes itself with letting them sign mlfas during ST) and fix their ticket prices should fix some of the other issues with Otto teams.

jdlikewhoa

I think they sign too quickly even on 3 day sims, which changed in newer versions of OOTP. Same problem with IFA and stuff.

Letting Otto sign after the start of ST should help prevent star players going teamless, and making sure we watch their Orgs (fixes itself with letting them sign mlfas during ST) and fix their ticket prices should fix some of the other issues with Otto teams.
I didnt even realize OTTO didn't even have rights all these years. I like this suggestion

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
We can plug in new owners whenever, we're gonna start working on fixing those AI orgs and I'll work on the finances side of things (the permanent fix may take an offseason or two, but we can manually edit the ultra low budgets if needed) so that any new GMs are coming in with a good start. Travis has also offered the Riggers org in exchange for taking one of the old teams, so if someone wants a prebuilt squad they can play around with/break down they could do that as well.

I don't want to put anyone on the spot and I'm not the best CROOTER so I don't know which of the potential new owners wants to go ahead and claim a team, but we can probably get a legit list of available teams going here and see who's willing to try assuming we fix the problems listed on post #1 of this thread as best we can.

jdlikewhoa

Copy. I'm just honestly trying to figure out what NML is on about. How does an entirely new league benefit new owners vs. the other alternatives?