• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

228 Ways to the Winter Meetings! The 128th Annual Winter Meetings in FORTALEZA, BRAZIL!

NML

I thought all the have nots were broke?

Oh wait -- so you add in a budget floor, more revenue sharing, limit budgets and then Lenin has all of the money? Interesting.

I’m sorry that you only have a $80m edge this year and not the full $100m

u r so brave

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

Oh wait -- so you add in a budget floor, more revenue sharing, limit budgets and then Lenin has all of the money? Interesting.

UK still has decent fan interest and a low payroll. Good god your budget went down $7m take it easy.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Because you have the lowest fan interest in the league (plus they're OUTRAGED). If you got that up, you would sell more tickets and make some money.

Where do I see that they're outraged? Honestly though, it's kind of ridiculous how much the game is penalising me for setting my ticket prices badly and offloading a couple of big contract fan favs. My budget next year is going to be lower than when you bailed me out. There's only so much that I can keep my immersion going really. I'm now wondering whether I'll be in trouble by the end of the season again, and I haven't even signed any major league FA.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Where do I see that they're outraged? Honestly though, it's kind of ridiculous how much the game is penalising me for setting my ticket prices badly and offloading a couple of big contract fan favs. My budget next year is going to be lower than when you bailed me out. There's only so much that I can keep my immersion going really. I'm now wondering whether I'll be in trouble by the end of the season again, and I haven't even signed any major league FA.

I can see it.

You have plenty of money to sign free agents.

paris.PNG

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Probably trading away a FAN FAVORITE and one of the best players in the franchise for a 3rd and a 4th round pick didn't help the fan excitement! I love how Hayvis compound his initial small mistakes by reversing course and making even bigger mistakes!

Extending those guys to FOREVER contracts you can barely afford is a small mistake. Trading them away for nothing and losing fan interest? BIG MISTAKE!

NML

But I don't want to sign free agents if my budget is going to shrink by 17m next year. As it stands, without any free agents my balance in 2082 is projected to be +4m....... I somehow managed to death spiral the entire organisation.

I think you should come up with an organizational plan... you traded away ur good players in order to rebuild, so what do you need budget room for? Ur budget going down is a byproduct of rebuilding, but it’s not a big deal because you aren’t spending money on FAs anyways

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
"somehow"

you absolutely HAVE to sign free agents dude, just sign them to 1 year deals if ur worried about next year, lol. If you don't have good players you won't win games. If you don't win games the fans won't show up. If the fans don't show up you won't make any money.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Probably trading away a FAN FAVORITE and one of the best players in the franchise for a 3rd and a 4th round pick didn't help the fan excitement! I love how Hayvis compound his initial small mistakes by reversing course and making even bigger mistakes!

Extending those guys to FOREVER contracts you can barely afford is a small mistake. Trading them away for nothing and losing fan interest? BIG MISTAKE!

17m????? Fan interest drop shouldn't penalise me by 17m. That's fucking bullshit, especially when FA is coming up and the fans don't even know who we're bringing in. At this point I feel like a fucking beta tester looking for borks.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think you should come up with an organizational plan... you traded away ur good players in order to rebuild, so what do you need budget room for? Ur budget going down is a byproduct of rebuilding, but it’s not a big deal because you aren’t spending money on FAs anyways

he traded away his good player because you decided to "help" the new guy by fleecing him, lol.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Winning and bringing in popular players will increase your fan interest, which will sell more tickets, which will give you more money. I guess I'm not seeing the issue here? If you sign some cheap fan favorites to one year deals your interest will go up and you will sell more season tickets.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Then you try to win games, which will also increase attendance, which will give you more money, etc!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
17m????? Fan interest drop shouldn't penalise me by 17m. That's fucking bullshit, especially when FA is coming up and the fans don't even know who we're bringing in. At this point I feel like a fucking beta tester looking for borks.

Don't forget you doubled their ticket prices :laughing:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member

My organisational plan was to sort my minor leagues out. TICK. Then to bring in a couple of fan faves to bring my fan interest up a bit from the trades... BORKED

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Winning and bringing in popular players will increase your fan interest, which will sell more tickets, which will give you more money. I guess I'm not seeing the issue here? If you sign some cheap fan favorites to one year deals your interest will go up and you will sell more season tickets.

This is what I'm obviously trying to do. It's just a bit nerve wracking when the game decides to tell me if I fail to do this on my limited budget, then I'm crucified AGAIN....

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
UK still has decent fan interest and a low payroll. Good god your budget went down $7m take it easy.
Where'd I say anything about my budget? There have been 100 measures against big budget teams and we've taken them all.

Just hilarious Lenin goes nuts to raise the lower budgets, how everyone is broke then has money to cum dump? I mean if you're going to do that at least be a little less obvious in what your aim was.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Hayvis has enough money available to build an entire playoff roster from scratch and he's still chicken littling all over the place because he's so confident he'll screw up!

Is there anything about my play in this game that leads you to believe I won't screw this up?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
You have good players on your roster to begin with, you can absolutely compete RIGHT NOW if you want.

WTF?? Pm me and give me some kind of crash course. I've sorted out my minors, but wasn't aware that I even had an outfield. I did have a plan at one point to only employ ground ball pitchers in order to take advantage of my defensive imbalance in the outfield, but that's kind of hard to do in one sweep.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I believe that there are kind souls who will help you achieve greatness. You just need to stay away from trading with those who seek to fleece u for now! And let the Os set ur ticket prices and just leave them there, lol.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Unfortunately I have actual work today, which is a rarity, so I will have to do most of my HELPING this evening. You'll have it ready for you when you wake up tomorrow or whatever.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Thank you @Travis7401 . If you look over my minors, I am quite happy with what I've done. I think the last thing left for me to learn is how to actually setup my team in the WBL.

NML

he traded away his good player because you decided to "help" the new guy by fleecing him, lol.

I believe that there are kind souls who will help you achieve greatness. You just need to stay away from trading with those who seek to fleece u for now! And let the Os set ur ticket prices and just leave them there, lol.

I posted my initial offer in the trade thread, no one said anything

He offers DJ to everyone, everyone, including you, tells him how he has a terrible contract, no one offers anything.

He comes back to me and we do a deal

I don’t think it’s a fleece. There’s a couple catchers in FA that are similar level. The pitcher I sent him has a #3/#4 starter ceiling which is probably a similar number of WARS WON but with a way better contract

Have you tried not being a giant dick to him every time he does something you don’t agree with?

NML

Where'd I say anything about my budget? There have been 100 measures against big budget teams and we've taken them all.

Just hilarious Lenin goes nuts to raise the lower budgets, how everyone is broke then has money to cum dump? I mean if you're going to do that at least be a little less obvious in what your aim was.

This didn’t affect my team at all. Like I said before, I don’t need any help. I quit because the game is too easy once you reach a certain budget level, which is why I won four straight divisions but was bored.

There’s only one of us that’s self serving

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
As part of that trade did you warn him about how much his fan interest dropping would affect his budget or nah? Maybe that's part 2 of the new player guide?

NML

As part of that trade did you warn him about how much his fan interest dropping would affect his budget or nah? Maybe that's part 2 of the new player guide?

I’m sure the new players will find ur excel spreadsheets they can’t understand super helpful

Just drop the fucking mother Theresa act. LET ME DONATE MY AAAA PROSPECTS WHO ARE WORTHLESS. So kind of you! Ur really spearheading the WBL forward with that stuff. How’s ur rule 5 draft coming? Where’s the discord link to ur live draft?

Y’all wanted this extremely disproportionate league to continue and now whine that hayvis isn’t playing the league like you want or that I’m trying to make my team good. That 14 WARS over six seasons for a catcher signed for six years will surely revolutionize the UK Kings as we know it

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
"Anybody want any of my overabundance of AAAA Centerfielders," begged jdlikewhoa

Everything's coming up NML! Things that make you go HMMMMM

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Haha. Now I've taken a deep breath, I think I look in decent shape. I was just had a panic at my budget. Having all known me for the best part of 2 decades, you should all know I like to panic. I would like @Travis7401 to look over all of my teams and give me a report/suggestions, though.

On another topic, is it possible to get the stick man live games (maybe a game of the week) over twitch or something? I think it would be good for immersion.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Has the draft pool even been released yet? Aren't we on the first sim of the offseason still? A little early for you to be worried about the draft, but I'll make sure to keep you informed!

I don't believe the GAUNTLET THREWN idea was even accepted, but I encourage anyone who wants to threwn it to threwn it! Of course we need to see the minor league rosters at the start of the season to start that... so again ur a little early!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
@doh: revenue sharing was actually decreased from 25 to 20, I may even drop it again to 15% with the cap on ticket prices

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Haha. Now I've taken a deep breath, I think I look in decent shape. I was just had a panic at my budget. Having all known me for the best part of 2 decades, you should all know I like to panic. I would like @Travis7401 to look over all of my teams and give me a report/suggestions, though.

On another topic, is it possible to get the stick man live games (maybe a game of the week) over twitch or something? I think it would be good for immersion.

I'd be happy to live sim opening day. We have a barely-used discord room ready to go.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
NML wants me to set one up for the draft doe, so don't let him know it already exists. I want to claim that I created it!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Also @Schauwn, we'll let it sliide as a new team/ you signing guys who were already FA before arb, but normally we dont sign FA during the arb sims. I don't know if you did that or if it was AI but just a heads up for the future

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
IMMERSION: VERY HIGH

giphy.gif