• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

228 Ways to the Winter Meetings! The 128th Annual Winter Meetings in FORTALEZA, BRAZIL!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It's not my team so I won't waste words arguing it, but I really don't mind a brand new OTTO team with little FA money available before the offseason signing guys no one wanted during the regular season for a combined total of $8M committed. I suppose if anyone wants to THREWN the gauntlet at those guys they can, and Schauwn will have to release them?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It's not my team so I won't waste words arguing it,

but I really don't mind a brand new OTTO team with little FA money available before the offseason signing guys no one wanted during the regular season for a combined total of $8M committed. I suppose if anyone wants to THREWN the gauntlet at those guys they can, and Schauwn will have to release them?

Wastes words arguing it

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Also has someone got an explanation of the 40 man expanded roster and spring training? Does the clock start on contracts when a player is on the 40 man or the 25 man? Can I put players in spring training without starting their contract clock? @Travis7401 @Yankee151 @Karl Hungus @NML

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Also has someone got an explanation of the 40 man expanded roster and spring training? Does the clock start on contracts when a player is on the 40 man or the 25 man? Can I put players in spring training without starting their contract clock? @Travis7401 @Yankee151 @Karl Hungus @NML

Yes, once the Spring Training roster is available, you can add players without starting their clock. Just remember to take them off or you WILL start the clock.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
It's not my team so I won't waste words arguing it, but I really don't mind a brand new OTTO team with little FA money available before the offseason signing guys no one wanted during the regular season for a combined total of $8M committed. I suppose if anyone wants to THREWN the gauntlet at those guys they can, and Schauwn will have to release them?

I don't understand this, we've never forced release of free agents that have been free agents since the year before.

If it was a new Free Agent they should be released, as we have always played that way.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Radpants has his gauntlet ready and is standing at the threwing line, waiting for threwing season to commence! I've got my draftpants ready and am standing at the draftpants line, waiting for draft pool to be generated!! @NML still mad AF that I haven't completed this tasks that have yet to commence!

THE WORM HAS ARRIVED AT THE WINTER MEETINGS!

1566504920502.png

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Whoever takes over UK must continue the name theme even when moving. Might I provide a list of suggestions?

Rome Roamers
Yokohama Egg Yolks
Melbourne Burners
Paris Pairs
Tunis Two-Knees
Jakarta Karts
Kuala Lampur Lamps

NML

No, you’ve gotta leave them on Otto. How else would you’ll know how good you are at this game?

Don’t worry, y’all are doing a great job driving hayvis off and I’m sure mocking goblue will eventually push him away too. Then it’ll be back to the same seven owners who can circle jerk about how these people keep quitting and take turns winning 115 games

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
No, you’ve gotta leave them on Otto. How else would you’ll know how good you are at this game?

Don’t worry, y’all are doing a great job driving hayvis off and I’m sure mocking goblue will eventually push him away too. Then it’ll be back to the same seven owners who can circle jerk about how these people keep quitting and take turns winning 115 games

You drove off Orlando and then gloated.

NML

Because I posted an avengers quote? lol

What should I have said? I love Orlando but I think his issues were deeper than me trying to switch things up. He was one of the only veterans who was on board with a new league and/or the changes I purposed

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad

40 man roster doesn't start their major league service time, which affects arbitration and eventual free agency, but it does affect nothing in our league setup. Once the regular season starts, their major league service time clock starts ticking if they are on the big club. For the most part, you get 3 years of minimum salary, and 3 years of arbitration salaries before free agency. I think if guys stay in your minor league for a certain amount of time, they become free agents automatically.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
So just to recap does the regular season 40 man roster start their clock or just if they are left on the 25?

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
So just to recap does the regular season 40 man roster start their clock or just if they are left on the 25?
If you call them up in September, when the rosters expand, it counts as service time.

Using Rusty Boersma as an example, He has 4 years and 128 days of major service, which mean's he would be arbitration eligible after 2080 season, and then a free agent after 2081 if there are no major injuries. If a guy has a long term injury, put him on the 60 day IL, because that doesn;'t count as major league service like the regular IL does.

As far as the 40 man roster goes, don't worry about the service time implications in the WBL. It's more for leagues based on MLB. But if you want a guy to be eligible to play in the majors, he has to be on your 40 man roster, so for the sake of the WBL, you;d have your 25 active players and a few guys from AAA who you want to be able to call up in case of injuries.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Just to be clear, @NML didn’t really drive me off. We had a solid discussion and agreed on some things and disagreed on others. I wasn’t interested in a new league, but I also wasn’t really interested in playing anymore. I was gone whenever the move to 20 was made. I just ended up leaving a little earlier.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If you call them up in September, when the rosters expand, it counts as service time.

Using Rusty Boersma as an example, He has 4 years and 128 days of major service, which mean's he would be arbitration eligible after 2080 season, and then a free agent after 2081 if there are no major injuries. If a guy has a long term injury, put him on the 60 day IL, because that doesn;'t count as major league service like the regular IL does.

As far as the 40 man roster goes, don't worry about the service time implications in the WBL. It's more for leagues based on MLB. But if you want a guy to be eligible to play in the majors, he has to be on your 40 man roster, so for the sake of the WBL, you;d have your 25 active players and a few guys from AAA who you want to be able to call up in case of injuries.

This is false I believe, as long as he was on the 40-man he still gains service time even though he no longer takes up a roster spot. See Mitchell Postuma for me who got injured in his 3rd game but now has nearly a yera of service