• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

228 Ways to the Winter Meetings! The 128th Annual Winter Meetings in FORTALEZA, BRAZIL!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
:dunno: I would've waited another offseason, but then someone would've spent over cap this year, so it had to happen to someone.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
This is false I believe, as long as he was on the 40-man he still gains service time even though he no longer takes up a roster spot. See Mitchell Postuma for me who got injured in his 3rd game but now has nearly a yera of service
If you put them on the 60 day IL, they come off the 40 man roster

NML

I am frontpedaling

You’ve quit/threatened to quit/put urself on Otto several times this league. You hold all these other people to different standards that you don’t even maintain urself

You do the same thing with everything. We miss a sim because someone forgot a DFA, you rag on them. We sim on Flag Day, you throw a fit because we are going to fast. People don’t draft within thirty seconds, it’s “We’ll never finish at this rate.” But when ur pick comes up you take the full 12 hours.

Ur a typical old. Everything everyone else does is wrong but you’ve got no self awareness. You are against any change. You whine CONSTANTLY about everything in these forums and simultaneously created a recent outrages thread to mock when people get upset. It’s fascinating

NML

NML takes shtick seriously again ITT, can't take a joke about him quitting after he quits for the fifth time.

Who could have ever predicted this would be ur response?

I thought you’d go more than one post before you start ur typical backpedal

It’s the same conversation I had with Travis. You fucking rag constantly but when I call you on it, it’s “take a joke!”

NML

This is a joke and shtick forum. I mean how can you think any post about not finishing the draft is serious?

Btw this is another example of you being hypocritical!

I posted an avengers meme and you come back at me with YOU GLOATED ABOUT RUNNING OFF ORLANDO!

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
This is false I believe, as long as he was on the 40-man he still gains service time even though he no longer takes up a roster spot. See Mitchell Postuma for me who got injured in his 3rd game but now has nearly a yera of service
Yeah -- they changed that in the WBL CBA a few years ago and the game mirrors that.

NML

We make space jokes about a game that only utopians play, but the movie that makes three billion dollars doesn’t land.

Is this more shtick? Is this shtick within shtick? Also I thought it was schtick... it’s inception level stuff here (or is that reference also too obscure?)

doh thinks I got power? lol

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
To be fair I don’t get the space jokes either haha. I haven’t seen a full Avengers movie since the first. I didn’t know this was a well known quote.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
On the positive side, NML quitting means @Reel has a team!
NML quit too??

giphy.gif

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Did anyone else offer the $5.5m? I honestly don't know. If we could offer more like before, I would have. Dean Bainton signed for me right away because I quadrupled his asking price a few years ago. :dunno:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Too bad I, a rebuilding team, got 4 prospects for the price of 1, and too bad there's still two more very highly rated prospects available.

NML

Did anyone else offer the $5.5m? I honestly don't know. If we could offer more like before, I would have. Dean Bainton signed for me right away because I quadrupled his asking price a few years ago. :dunno:

Figured it’s implied but I also offered the max

I agree with ur point - either remove it or leave off the cap. All it has done is artificially lowered the price for elite prospects

Then again I was told no one spends their full budget on one player

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If only one of those teams offered the better players asking for 4M, and grabbed an extra 1M level prospect instead?

Seoul's prospect will give him less WAR than my 4 combined, book it.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Like I said previously, I’m not sure what the max for draft demands is, but that’s what the cap should have been. What’s done is done now doe

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Also if we had the previous system, I wouldn’t have been involved at all in IFA. I didn’t mind taking a gamble on trying to sign the equivalent of a first round pick doe

NML

If only one of those teams offered the better players asking for 4M, and grabbed an extra 1M level prospect instead?

The players you got are fine, but not elite. And four players combining for the same amount of WAR as one player and costing the same is exactly my point

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

I don't doubt this. IFA players are a 50/50 shot at best- lots of spectacular busts out there. Scouting discoveries, on the other hand...

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm open to tweaking the numbers on the cap, but this is definitely better. In previous years Seoul signs that guy (again, probably 2nd, if not 3rd most valuable guy in this class) + 3 others.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
With Yankee’s history I now know that was the best player available.

The old system was bad. A well positioned team could buy the 3-5 best players if they wanted to.