• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FUT TROG 20!

ZackMills

Have mercy
I'm amazed at how reckless some players are. They always do ground passes on goal kicks, never properly clear, etc. I guess they could be like 10 years old.

jdlikewhoa

I probably just need to go back to my roots and use some speedy AF 5212 Russian League or Nigerian team, lol.
My squad started slow and MLS bronze af. I even lost my first 13 online games! Then the Mitrita IF dropped and I copped it. He scored a hat trick in the first game and I finally won one! So I've given in and picked up the Josef Martinez SBC. #teamSWEATY

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm amazed at how reckless some players are. They always do ground passes on goal kicks, never properly clear, etc. I guess they could be like 10 years old.

Welcome to fifa lol. It's this way until you get into the top few divisions in any online mode.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
CB humping is fine, unless you're in a tournament where it's against the house rules, and you are also a chief complainer of it, but go into tournament games and start doing it.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Zackmills is a CB HUMPER!

I am and am proud to be one! I don't do it immediately but will if I see them do it once then I will go for it. I scored a goal this way the other night after (closely) failing 3 or 4 times. I cannot help myself if people are this dumb.

FWIW Lenny does this in real life. It is more egregious in U9 because the goalies cannot kick it over players' heads!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I almost always play out of the back to keep possession, but I haven't given up possession or conceded a goal this way in a long time. You can't cover the CB, FB, and CDM with 1 user player!

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
How do these people get these cards playing out of position?

Like as far as I can tell, you can move players up or down the left, center, or right, but you can't transfer someone from the left to the right or from the flank to the center.

But every once in a while I'll see cards of players at positions where they shouldn't exist.

GuyIncognito

I'm running two squads. My French squad is pretty complete and I'll just upgrade piecemeal. My EPL squad has some positions just filled by flotsam from my packs but I'll start working on it this weekend.

*Also does anyone know the point of the "quality" for managers? AFAIK, the only difference is that bronze managers get huge bonuses in manager contract renewal.

1570213088880.png

1570213003276.png

Attachments

• 1570212929397.png
    1570212929397.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 1

jdlikewhoa

How do these people get these cards playing out of position?

Like as far as I can tell, you can move players up or down the left, center, or right, but you can't transfer someone from the left to the right or from the flank to the center.

But every once in a while I'll see cards of players at positions where they shouldn't exist.
IF or other special cards dont always have the same position as the regular card when they’re released. Nani’s regular card is LW I think but when he played that week as a RM his performance earned him the IF, so the card was issued as a RM

GuyIncognito

I just want guys who can run. We'll figure out the rest later. My whole bench is just the fastest people I could find in each league. I even want fast keepers.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Man, you should have played FIFA like 6, 7 years ago, then. Speed used to be literally the only thing that mattered. You could find bronze guys in the 50s with 95 pace and win with them.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
And god forbid you got hold of a guy with 90+ pace and strength. Emenike was the greatest striker in the game for like 2 years because of this.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Good games. I was pretty bad today when I played this afternoon and again when I played tonight. Wife is telling me to get off haha

ZackMills

Have mercy
I only run 4-3-3 and I don't know why haha. It is the same formation I've used since WE8. I did just switch to the variation with a defensive midfielder since some articles I read said that was the best variation. Tweaked some tactics based on what some Youtube guy said about 4-3-3(2). Saw some definite defensive improvements in the couple online games I played. Still couldn't score though. At least I was getting some good opportunities.

Lenny scored the game winner in his real life game today with no seconds to spare. Guess how he scored!

Last edited:

ZackMills

Have mercy
Beat a human 2-0!

Is getting a gold manager worth it? I could get Zidane but it looks like he'll cost between 3k and 4k. I also added chemistry style consumables to my starters since I already had a bunch of untradeable ones. No idea if they are really worth it but it looks like you get a small boost in some attributes. I need every advantage I can get!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I've been messing around with 4-3-3 (2), since I really liked that one last year and it is similar to what I typically do in FM, but I don't like it all that much because my 2 forward CMs get a lot of goal scoring opportunities and they aren't as well suited as some CAM players might be. I could obviously position change someone, but it also felt like it was lacking a bit of defense/possession capabilities...

I like having 2 CM/CDMs that are more holding/possession oriented, so I tried out:

433 (4), 4222, and 4231 (2). (I think I played 4222 against you). I didn't feel like I could work the ball back through the midfield to the other side with the 4222 and I was really missing a player to link play with the striker, so I had a hard time holding possession against ur pressure. The next game I went with 433 and the tighter midfield triangle helped me hold off ur puber rushes much better, lol. I've been playing with the 4231 and I think I like it best, but I also put the most time into developing an idea/strategy behind how the two CDMs work together and I really like it.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Can barely beat d10 scrubs and tombout advanced formation tactics. :thinking:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I know nothing about stupid FUT. Travis probably knows doe

GuyIncognito

So are the contents of any packs you earn through objectives not tradeable? If so, that's really lame.

Not always, but often. They'll usually be marked "(untradeable)." The more advanced season XP awards seem to be tradeable.

Just in case you're not aware, untradeable player cards can still be used in SBCs.

Also, question: does anyone know how chemistry is calculated in-game? If I sub in a player who doesn't fit the chemistry does it decrease in-game? Or is there a chemistry check at the beginning of the game and then everything is fair game?

ZackMills

Have mercy
Ugh, you can't even sell or keep the duplicate ones, at least as far as I could tell. Just quick sell them for 0 coins.

GuyIncognito

Ugh, you can't even sell or keep the duplicate ones, at least as far as I could tell. Just quick sell them for 0 coins.

I think you can leave them on the landing page if you have a quick way of dispensing the one you have, but generally yes I just trash them.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I guess in the future I should leave them there and at least add them to the SBC where you can do a gold squad for a gold player.

This is one area where FUT feels more pay to win than DD. All this stuff is untradeable so you buy packs.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Played an interesting game against Juandi. He used all three of his pauses (using all 30 seconds) immediately, watched all replays instead of skipping, then played like a 5 year old after I scored late in the first half. Won 7-0!

GuyIncognito

This is one area where FUT feels more pay to win than DD. All this stuff is untradeable so you buy packs.

The rewards you get from division rivals and squad battles aren't untradeable. It seems like that's mostly for the lower end season awards and the lower end SBCs.

Never buy gold packs. Buy silver and bronze and you'll make plenty of money. I know you're way more of a grinder than I am at pretty much everything so just follow the plan.

https://www.gamesradar.com/fifa-19-coins/

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I could roll a few Seasons friendlies this afternoon but I'm not touching FUT

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Not always, but often. They'll usually be marked "(untradeable)." The more advanced season XP awards seem to be tradeable.

Just in case you're not aware, untradeable player cards can still be used in SBCs.

Also, question: does anyone know how chemistry is calculated in-game? If I sub in a player who doesn't fit the chemistry does it decrease in-game? Or is there a chemistry check at the beginning of the game and then everything is fair game?

I believe all subs have 7 chem?

ZackMills

Have mercy
Been having more success against humans and the CPU. Takes a lot more wins to rank up when compared to DD though. Regretting not practicing and relearning the controls prior to those 5 qualifying matches haha.

jdlikewhoa

Playing humans is definitely easier than this cheating ass AI I've wasted years playing. Maybe being in the lower division help, but I'm definitely putting in on squads now.

Also completed the Lewandowski SBC this morning and trogging my way through some of the other starter ones.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I'm the polar opposite in FUT as I am in real life. I just cannot help myself from spending my coins. I find a player that can marginally make my team better and i buy him as soon as I can. Then I say I'm happy with my squad and I'm gonna save enough to start to flip cards but then I see a shiny new card and that grabs my attention.