• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK Corches Hot Seat Thread 2019

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Is he rapey? I bet he's rapey.

bruin

supposedly staying at UW in a advisory role.

first thought that came to mind was that SC made him a offer he couldn't refuse.

Wooly

I wonder if Petersen has a real health problem we will learn about soon. Not an Urban Meyer health problem that never seems to surface after he leaves a school.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
I wonder if Petersen has a real health problem we will learn about soon. Not an Urban Meyer health problem that never seems to surface after he leaves a school.
His kid had some health issue which played a large role in him staying at Boise for so long and then taking the Washington job. No idea if related to him resigning tho

Wooly

Not sure what you mean really. Yeah, Ed is an elite recruiter, but he hadn't proven shit as anything but as DL coach prior to the LSU gig. Had that nice half-season as the USC interim guy, but that's it; hardly made up for how shitty he was at Ole Miss. He's a CEO head coach who sells the program and recruits. Aranda and Brady are doing the heavy lifting. If Ed had league average coordinators, they'd be 8-3 and talking about the Citrus Bowl as usual.

Agreed. Aranda is awesome. He was great at Wisconsin, and now he has elite players to work with.

Anyone could get 10-11 wins with those coordinators at LSU. You don't have to do anything as a HC but recruit, leave the Xs and Os to them.

I'm not saying Orgeron is a bad coach, but I wonder how he will do when those coordinators move on, and the turnstyle begins.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Agreed. Aranda is awesome. He was great at Wisconsin, and now he has elite players to work with.

Anyone could get 10-11 wins with those coordinators at LSU. You don't have to do anything as a HC but recruit, leave the Xs and Os to them.

I'm not saying Orgeron is a bad coach, but I wonder how he will do when those coordinators move on, and the turnstyle begins.
I agree, but they also are paying Aranda 2.5 million and whatever they pay Brady (USA Today didn’t have the info). You can get a lot of good coordinators for that money.

Brick

i am to the point where i just want to be ENTERTAINED and have FUN if ur not a national shampship contender. LSU is very fun to watch now. to an extent they were FUN under miles but mostly because he made weird decisions. oregon is horrible to watch now. i imagine being an auburn fan is very FUN. okie state fits in that category.

Renegade

Charge on!
i am to the point where i just want to be ENTERTAINED and have FUN if ur not a national shampship contender. LSU is very fun to watch now. to an extent they were FUN under miles but mostly because he made weird decisions. oregon is horrible to watch now. i imagine being an auburn fan is very FUN. okie state fits in that category.

This is why I want Leach at Arkansas. Entertaining games + entertaining press conferences. He's not going to win a natty at Arkansas. But it'll be entertaining going 8-4.

Wolfman21

NC State fired their DC...guess tahts what happens after having possibly the worst pass defense in the nation two years in a row. There need to be alot more fires on this staff. Starting with our DB's coach who apparently coaches our DBs to never look for or make a play on the ball...wait until the receiver puts his arms out and slash your arms across them. 50% of the time its a completion, 40% of the time its PI, 10% of the time it works.

Wooly

I agree, but they also are paying Aranda 2.5 million and whatever they pay Brady (USA Today didn’t have the info). You can get a lot of good coordinators for that money.
True. Give LSU credit for doing what they can to keep them. Who knows, maybe Aranda will be one of those guys who doesn't want to be a HC anyway.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
NC State fired their DC...guess tahts what happens after having possibly the worst pass defense in the nation two years in a row. There need to be alot more fires on this staff. Starting with our DB's coach who apparently coaches our DBs to never look for or make a play on the ball...wait until the receiver puts his arms out and slash your arms across them. 50% of the time its a completion, 40% of the time its PI, 10% of the time it works.
Aaron Henry a straight up BUM TM

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I can't blame him, he only coaches the nickels, who actually improved this season. The cornerbacks have been horrendous since whatever the fuck a George Barlow is became the CB coach.
Ah I thought AH was coaching the CBs since that’s what he did at Rutgers. Weird to have 3 guys coaching the secondary me thinks

Wolfman21

Ah I thought AH was coaching the CBs since that’s what he did at Rutgers. Weird to have 3 guys coaching the secondary me thinks

he started out coaching safeties...then when the NCAA allowed 10 assistant coaches, Doeren hired Ted Roof as a special defensive assistant/safeties coach and moved Henry to nickels. Roof left in the offseason to be DC for Drinkwitz at App State and Doeren hired Tony Gibson from WVU to be basically co-DC and safeties coach. Gibson is the reason we moved to a 3-3-5 this year and had little success running it. Which...duh...we have a bunch of linemen/linebackers that have never seen a 3-3-5 before and have no clue what the fuck to do in it.

Henry is apparently a very good recruiter and good locker room guy/leader. He is apparently very heavy in his faith and leads the guys on the right/wrong things to do as 18-22 year old men...basically having offseason "teaching lessons" on things they are going to face that they will need to overcome...which honestly, is a very very good thing to have. I have no problems keeping him on staff even if his coaching at nickel is slightly sub par because of all the other things he does/can do.

bruin

SOURCES:

So, Chip is pretty adamant on keeping his buddy Azzinaro on as DC. Defense ranked 112th in the country and stats say it was the worst defense in the history of the program. Previous claims about Chip/UCLA parting ways were incorrect, but HIGHER donors are not happy obviously with Chip refusing to make some changes at the moment.

SOURCES/

Renegade

Charge on!
SOURCES:

So, Chip is pretty adamant on keeping his buddy Azzinaro on as DC. Defense ranked 112th in the country and stats say it was the worst defense in the history of the program. Previous claims about Chip/UCLA parting ways were incorrect, but HIGHER donors are not happy obviously with Chip refusing to make some changes at the moment.

SOURCES/

seinfeld-kramer-ass-man-license-plate-640x533.jpg

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
SOURCES:

SOURCES/

So, are you off the Chip wagon, @bruin? I thought for sure he'd have Juicy doing at least a pale-blue facsimile of what he was able to do at Oregon, but well, the results speak for themselves.

Bit at least Chip got the memo from the other Pac12 coaches and willingly jumped on the grenade to keep Clay Helton at USC!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Lightningwar

Administrator

Does Harlon Barnett have a brother? Sounds like FSU's defense the last two years.

bruin

So, are you off the Chip wagon, @bruin? I thought for sure he'd have Juicy doing at least a pale-blue facsimile of what he was able to do at Oregon, but well, the results speak for themselves.
Chip needs time. He didn’t all of a sudden become a bad coach (see:Scott Frost).
The inability to let go of his buddies is concerning, but also you need players (CUPBOARD BARE).
Only one player got drafted in April and I can’t see anymore than two maybe getting selected again next April.
In a perfect world Chip would need about 5 years. But we have to see some significant improvement next season.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Chip needs time. He didn’t all of a sudden become a bad coach (see:Scott Frost).
The inability to let go of his buddies is concerning, but also you need players (CUPBOARD BARE).
Only one player got drafted in April and I can’t see anymore than two maybe getting selected again next April.
In a perfect world Chip would need about 5 years. But we have to see some significant improvement next season.

I think to give coaches less than 4 is pretty absurd. 5 is reasonable for complete overhaul.

I say this having some experience... Illinois has had a roller coaster of a season and Lovie deserves credit for getting this team to a bowl game... but if we can't win 8 games next year with a soft schedule and returning a LOT of talent, it's going to be hard to say no to a change.

It's not a science but there are some programs and administrations who think winning happens overnight, and that making a coaching change every 2 years works if you're not top 10 or whatever. It ends up hurting the program more.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I think Bob Stoops winning a title in his second year after a terrible corch and then Tressel doing the same at Ohio State a couple of years later kinda ruined the time scale of expectations.

Pete Carroll did the same at SC, winning a title in his 3rd and 4th years, but essentially completely turning shit around by Year 2.

However, if the direction doesn't appear to be trending in a positive direction, how long until you cut the bum loose? Paul Hackett was fired after only 3 seasons because it was apparent to everyone that his teams were getting worse, not better, and recruiting was going in the tank, too.

Our current bum looks like he's bought hisself another year with an 8-4 finish, but I think he'll never be more than a 7-ish win corch. I mean, it's not as though the NFL and other programs are trying to poach him. He might incrementally improve over a long period of time, but his teams win in spite of him, and I don't think they'll be even able to do that much for much longer.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I think Bob Stoops winning a title in his second year after a terrible corch and then Tressel doing the same at Ohio State a couple of years later kinda ruined the time scale of expectations.

The rule of thumb is typically that if you’re going to win titles somewhere, you win your first one at least within the first four years. The only really notable exception I can think of in the last 20 years is Dabo, who won it in his 8th 1/2 year, and Mack Brown (8th). Would be the same thing this year with Day, Orgeron, or Rhule. Only exception would be Whittingham winning it in his 15th year.