• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

It’s 2083

jdlikewhoa

Yuck. We can't even lose right. Pitching is getting shelled. Infield completely inept at the plate. And the outfield is absolutely RAKING right now.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
LOOK AT HIS PERSONALITY THOUGH @Travis7401 ! To be honest, I don't want to let him go, but if someone like @Yankee151 was prepared to make me a big enough offer, I would shed a tear and let him walk.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
To be honest, this is all I need to know to make him a No1 starter (although my dead scout would have been a better gauge). =

medina.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Oh, sorry. I thought you cheated by making ur ballpark bigger than everybody else's.

I cheated by building a huge ballpark and filling it with rangey defenders so that I always lead the league in BABIP (until copycats). Someone with 80 stuff and 30 movement is literally going to do the opposite of taking advantage of my league leading BABIP, because very few balls will be in play (either HRs or Ks). Obviously the best is to have a player who is good at everything, but stuff is probably the safest rating for my pitchers to sacrifice because my BABIP CHEAT CODES. I've had plenty of great pitchers with 45-50 stuff, but they had 65 movement.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I cheated by building a huge ballpark and filling it with rangey defenders so that I always lead the league in BABIP (until copycats). Someone with 80 stuff and 30 movement is literally going to do the opposite of taking advantage of my league leading BABIP, because very few balls will be in play (either HRs or Ks). Obviously the best is to have a player who is good at everything, but stuff is probably the safest rating for my pitchers to sacrifice because my BABIP CHEAT CODES. I've had plenty of great pitchers with 45-50 stuff, but they had 65 movement.

Yeah, that's all very well but do you want my ace pitcher? He'd play great for he Riggers.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
This lineup is nothing but bums and bums that can't play positions. Shouldn't have pissed away 20 years of my minors trying to repeat 2059.

Looks like to me you have TOO MANY good fielders who can't bat to me. I've been through quite a few of those 50/50 rated bats that are blue fielders and they never gave me anything back. On the other hand I have a 40 rated CF and 45 rated LF giving me a projected 4 wars simply because they can smack the ball. Devs are playing mind games.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Looks like to me you have TOO MANY good fielders who can't bat to me. I've been through quite a few of those 50/50 rated bats that are blue fielders and they never gave me anything back. On the other hand I have a 40 rated CF and 45 rated LF giving me a projected 4 wars simply because they can smack the ball. Devs are playing mind games.

What's the net WAR, though? Lots of WARS being lost by your pitchers.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus - I genuinely think it's something the game doesn't balance out right (at the moment). I have turrible fielding and a complete set of AAAA pitchers and have 6.2 WARS and Forteleza admittedly with bad pitching but amazing fielders has 6 WARS. I am not being punished enough.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
@Karl Hungus , sorry to keep atting you but question I've been meaning to ask. Is ZR in OOTP a number based on overall plays missed or runs saved/conceded? To me it looks like an overall number to me because it acts like WAR over the course of a season rather than an average per game. If so then unless that number gets drastic over the course of a season, an elite bat should be able to add enough runs to compensate.

Btw, I'm not trying to debate at all, just gauging your opinion.

Wolfman21

this team is so damn bipolar. One week they'll go 4-2 and the next theyll go 1-5. Been that way since week 1 of the season, lol.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I feel like I'm going to regret trading @Karl Hungus that Korean pitcher, lol. Ma'scout has always had him rated as a GOAT, but he needed to be HOME and he's had so many injuries that I knew I'd feel bad if I demanded a lot and he got hurt again. At least I get to enjoy watching him pitch well, until he kills me in the playoffs.

Whelp.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Karl Hungus , sorry to keep atting you but question I've been meaning to ask. Is ZR in OOTP a number based on overall plays missed or runs saved/conceded? To me it looks like an overall number to me because it acts like WAR over the course of a season rather than an average per game. If so then unless that number gets drastic over the course of a season, an elite bat should be able to add enough runs to compensate.

Btw, I'm not trying to debate at all, just gauging your opinion.

ZR is cumulative. It is runs saved therefore 9-10 ZR = about 1 WAR. But it is a positional average as well, so it should be noted that a player with an average ZR at a hard position is also contributing WAR through their positional adjustment.

ie getting 10 ZR in LF is about the same WAR value as getting 0 WAR in CF because CF is 1 WAR harder than LF (and this varies year to year depending on who is playing those positions ie what "average" is)

Wolfman21

qxdZWi.gif