• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

General OOTP Observations Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I suspect this has to do with the player models changing to reflect MLB in OOTP 20. If you start an MLB game a lot of the best pitchers are super high stuff with awful movement.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Which I think is how they represent increased home run rates and power pitching across MLB. I suspect that movement is probably actually UP in MLB given the focus on measurables like spin rate.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Are the rosters up to date enough that you have Riley Greene in the farm system? Dude is going to be a monster if the Tigers don't ruin him (lol).

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Couldn't hit .500 until 2024, then broke out and won 91 games, took the Central, and beat the Jays in the Division Series. With this budget I pretty much have to trade all but one or two players above minimum...

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Lost in the series to the Dodgers, they have won 4 of the last 5 shampships.

I way overachieved this year, wondering if the rubber band snaps back.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Have people played with Openers?

I used them last year kinda more as a way to distribute innings more. Make sure that my worst RPs would eat up some innings.

jdlikewhoa

I played with them full time season before last and then had half the rotation set with them last season

Next option I’m going to ask be turned on is no one else can sign South African players. I’m about to quit over that one @whoevermanagesbuffalo

Wolfman21

had some time today and decided to start an offline game with the Braves in OOTP20. And i quickly remembered why i never select "normal" for injuries as my entire rotation ended up injured about 4 months into the first season, Acuna spent the last two months on the DL and then within the first month of the following season, he goes down for the entirety of that season with a broken elbow and I already have two starters from my rotation on the DL.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm having a lot of injuries in 21 with an MLB quickstart but it seems to even out over time and it has been pretty realistic. It's most annoying if you are in rebuild mode because you don't want the sim stopping all the time.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I've had a lot of pitching injuries but it seems like there's a higher tolerance for injuries before someone gets the FRAGILE tag.

Wolfman21

Started an offline game with the Braves in 21......running smooth, until the last month of the season when i lose 3 relievers. I won the NL East anyways, and in the first game of the playoffs, Soroka goes down with a torn flexor tendon and will be out for the rest of the playoffs and half the next season. To pile on, the game retires my best infield prospect braden shewmake at age 23 and the only reason given is (Storyline). Motherfucker

Wolfman21

LOL. Luis Robert apparently got caught lying about his age, but the government won't release his records to the white sox. They did a DNA test, and the last line is, "While the truth may never be known for sure, this latest revelation is sure to effect both Robert's morale and likely his popularity with some fans".

Thats new

Last edited:

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
LOL. Luis Robert apparently got caught lying about his age, but the government won't release his records to the white sox. They did a DNA test, and the last line is, "While the truth may never be known for sure, this latest revelation is sure to effect both Robert's morale and likely his popularity with some fans".

Thats new
Makes him more popular with me
Edit: BLANDINO

Wolfman21

third season...and the injuries have returned. I'm in the first week of july and Acuna, Ozzie and Freeman have all missed a month. I've had 3 starters on and off the DL for various stints. Soroka can't seem to go more than 6 weeks without getting some type of injury. Not really surprising im 10 games under .500 now

Gooksta

third season...and the injuries have returned. I'm in the first week of july and Acuna, Ozzie and Freeman have all missed a month. I've had 3 starters on and off the DL for various stints. Soroka can't seem to go more than 6 weeks without getting some type of injury. Not really surprising im 10 games under .500 now
Do you have pitch count set?? Lulz

Wolfman21

i decided to reinstall OOTP 20 since i've got a couple young guys who's development i don't wanna see fucked. Noticed i had 336,000 perfect team points on there, lol

Wolfman21

other people may have noticed this before, but i just noticed that baseball reference has a spot on their page for every active player where they simulate what their stats would be for the full season up to this point using OOTP 21. really neat

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Anyone testing their mettle in Perfect Team?

You can have up to 3 per game license. Just need separate email addresses for each team. Cool way to learn about the history of MLB, too. Every card has the real life stats.
My top 2 are staying at Gold for the most part. Thanks to entering tournaments I haven't put a cent into either of em. The number 1 slot has touched diamond twice before promptly going 50-112. lol The 3rd is strictly building a roster through whatever it accrues through the achievement system baked into the game. And its been mired in the Silver level for last few months.
But I'm also not doing missions; you fill out certain parameters of collecting amount of cards per tier for a reward. The Live system rewards you with Special Edition cards. These are diamond-level get-your-foot-in-the-door to advance quick route.

All-in-all it's a fun time-killer (and a bit of a history lesson looking through all the different eras) on something we already spend a bit of time looking at. 5 min can turn into 5 hours if you aren't careful.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Bout to kickoff the 2035 season in offline.
@Orangebird The O's have a stud CF who just set the season record for both HR (80) and RBI (200) in his age 29 szn. Dude hit 4 GS in 2034.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I almost did a Mariners franchise this time btw. I think their minors were too stacked already, I like doing the restocking myself.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
I almost did a Mariners franchise this time btw. I think their minors were too stacked already, I like doing the restocking myself.

Bats panned out, bar injury, in the late-half of the 20's. All the arms Dipoto took were bullpen or trade fodder.
Helped the ownership changed hands and all BLUE ratings were brought in. FA spending on arms made it too easy to get the chip.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
[mention]ZackMills [/mention] May hafta run some sims to redeem ur Torre bungle.

892bc12ef1beeb54348742c3c475b384.jpg