• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020 MLB Thread

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Mlb mulls 50 game season. They should do that every year to make thur sport a little more compelling n relevant.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It's probably going to be a good thing for the Rockies. I'd imagine there will be a lot of people interested in being the DH at altitude...

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Same. Prefer NL ball but current rules are a big advantage to AL teams, especially with contract and payroll management
I wouldn't say that necessarily. If 2 teams both have 150 Million budget, and one is paying a DH, the the team that doesn't have to pay that salary should be able to spread that money around to more players, or spend more at another position. AL teams definitely have an advantage when it comes to the World Series tho.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
always liked the strategy elements of the NL, double switches, etc, but I'm okay with the change.
ME too.

I have really lost all interest in baseball. This labor negotiation was the final nail in the coffin. I'M OUT (unless it's OOTP)

Wolfman21

I wouldn't say that necessarily. If 2 teams both have 150 Million budget, and one is paying a DH, the the team that doesn't have to pay that salary should be able to spread that money around to more players, or spend more at another position. AL teams definitely have an advantage when it comes to the World Series tho.

The whole reason the Twins signed Donaldson over the Braves this offseason was because the Twins didn't have as much risk into offering Donaldson the years/money because they could stash him at DH if his injuries kept him from being a viable 3B.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The whole reason the Twins signed Donaldson over the Braves this offseason was because the Twins didn't have as much risk into offering Donaldson the years/money because they could stash him at DH if his injuries kept him from being a viable 3B.

Exactly. This happens over and over — good NL bats go to the AL because they can offer a couple extra years and pencil in a potential move to DH.

I will say that this has protected the NL GMs from handing out a few bad contracts, though.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I don't want to live in a world where this is no longer possible

DistantAlarmingAllosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Exactly. This happens over and over — good NL bats go to the AL because they can offer a couple extra years and pencil in a potential move to DH.

I will say that this has protected the NL GMs from handing out a few bad contracts, though.
Right, but then you can end up with a bunch of guys who are really just DH making a bunch of money.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
The Cleveland Indians should keep the name but now it's about India! They could have colorful, Bollywood-inspired uniforms, and maybe the mascot is Gandhi... OK I'm seeing a new batch of problems here... Never mind.