• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020 MLB Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
12 marlins n 2 coaches have the virus and/or virus hoax.

I think this isn’t really as big a deal as Jeff Passon is making it out to be. The marlins could just forfeit thur remaining games n I don’t think it changes much 4 what the standings will be end of year.

Phillies record will improve by 3 or 4 wins. Marlins fucking own them right now.

goblue96

H3DVvu.gif

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
The MLB season is over or will be postponed until they try a bubble like the NBA.

MLB should have been more creative. Go no interlaeague, AL bubble in one place NL bubble in another. Multi field complexes . I know they have to exist. I think thur is one near Melbourne (Florida not Australia).

Instead we got marlins no names hopping on planes n potentially giving precious people like Bruce Harper this terrrible disease and/or hoax.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So was this set up where the players could just do whatever they want off team property? This is hilarious

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
https://sports.theonion.com/closed-ballpark-forces-thousands-of-phillies-fans-to-be-1844521545

PHILADELPHIA—Lamenting that it was just not the same without the communal atmosphere of a live game, thousands of Phillies fans reported Monday that the closing of Citizens Bank Park has forced them to be content verbally threatening their friends and family. “I’m glad baseball is back, but screaming at my daughter to sit the fuck down is a poor substitute for the experience of harassing strangers at a ballpark,” said local fan Mike D’Amato, who revealed that without the outlet of going to see baseball live, he had to spend the afternoon whipping beer bottles at his dog and intentional bumping into his son before challenging him to a fight. “Live games just have this energy you can’t replicate. When I shove my kid into a wall and threaten to put him in a wheelchair for life, it doesn’t have the same sense of excitement as it does with another fan. Sure, I can still get drunk, but yelling ‘homo’ at my wife isn’t as fulfilling as yelling from the stands at Juan Soto.” D’Amato added that the one upside of being at home was never being worried that his violent threats would get him ejected from the house.

@goblue96

Wolfman21

I don’t know if other teams have done this, but the Padres have a bunch of cardboard cutouts in the seats behind the plate :laughing:

I think most teams are allowing/selling season ticket holders to have cardboard cutouts of themselves in the seats.

The Mets had players dogs in the outfield....Adam Duvall hit one off of Jeff Mcneil's dogs head, lol. ESPN bought two cardboard cutout seats for Chipper Jones and his son who he named Shea since he owned the mets.

goblue96

Yankees-Phillies postponed today's game too. Welp, those three games I watched this season will be good enough until 2021, I guess.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
The Washington Nationals have voted against going to Miami to play the Marlins according to sources.

The only parallel I can think of to this is when the 1974 Astronaut War Eagle football team beat New Smyrna Beach to finish the regular season 9-1, then voted against accepting a bid to play in the Apollo Bowl at their home field. Almost a half a century later, history repeats!

goblue96

Espn reports no Phillies tested positive. Let's move it along people

Nope because the Yankees are SHOOK. Have to ship them to Baltimore and postpone the entire four game home-and-home with Philly. Philly now sits until Friday when the play Toronto in Philly as the visiting team. Fuck all of this.

CJ_24

Nope because the Yankees are SHOOK. Have to ship them to Baltimore and postpone the entire four game home-and-home with Philly. Philly now sits until Friday when the play Toronto in Philly as the visiting team. Fuck all of this.
To be fair, I'd look for any excuse to avoid traveling to Philadelphia too. Covid merely provides a convenient vehicle for that decision.

jdlikewhoa

Why not treat this like the Hunger Games at this point. Teams with 9+ more players that test positive are done for the season. Might make for an interesting postseason.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Is that because the Phillies don't know if there will be a season next week or is it really that bad? I'm going to have to start paying attention to this because this has to be the most entertaining thing in a while.