• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2086 Season Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
that's fair. I really tried to be level-headed for as long as possible but as is utopian tradition it spiraled towards the end once the lines were drawn

Yeah, I don't even remember why I decided to be an asshole, because I agreed with a lot of what you wanted to implement, I just disagreed that starting from scratch was the right way, since it would completely tank my immersion and the immersion of several other long time owners. The me being an asshole part is just a constant, lol.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
What do you mean, "made $13m"?

That's my season profit. I always look at the accounts page and not the budget page. It's a better indicator. I should have seen the discrepancy between budget and expenses, but it's not as obvious on that page -

ootp2.png

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Yeah, I don't even remember why I decided to be an asshole, because I agreed with a lot of what you wanted to implement, I just disagreed that starting from scratch was the right way, since it would completely tank my immersion and the immersion of several other long time owners. The me being an asshole part is just a constant, lol.

Why don't we just go with @NML 's ideas and start out on 21 with it. I'm up for a new league, so is doh, and it'd be fun to start again with as new game.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
that the league would continue on this path was inevitable, I completely agree. Which was my point when I suggested a new league. Most people (besides you and maybe travis, although he was also a huge ass at the time) didn't really care to consider it a possibility. Now, its possible that the new league started and we ended up here anyways, but IMO, a new league was the only chance to save things.
I think it was happening either way, new league or not.

NML

yeah I mean there's no way of knowing if a new league would've ended the same way, but my point was that not starting over definitely ended up here

unfortunately starting now isnt great timing. youve missed the covid spike, the new season spike, and the game is already half-way through its life cycle. doesnt even look like its on sale atm

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think it definitely ends up here. Just getting a new league off the ground at that time would have been extremely difficult.

NML

whats ur basis that it ends up here? i agree its possible, but saying it "definitely" happens seems like a way to feel better that it didnt happen in the first place

i disagree about the new league - i spent about 2 weeks of time recruiting, organizing, and testing (which you and OU know is a real bitch and time-consuming) and all that was really left was saying "go." but a handful of the original owners threw a fit and here we are.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I just see no way it does not. Saying it doesn’t seems like a way to feel better about the idea. Unless there were some details about the new league you’ve kept secret this whole time.

NML

I just see no way it does not. Saying it doesn’t seems like a way to feel better about the idea. Unless there were some details about the new league you’ve kept secret this whole time.

the “secret” is that new people wanted to join a new league and didn’t want to join this one. did goblue stick around? the general attitude of “they need to play our way” was a turn off for a couple people

don’t really care to debate it further - old guard got to keep playing with themselves and six CPUs or whatever. just let UBL/WBL die a peaceful death

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
unfortunately starting now isnt great timing. youve missed the covid spike, the new season spike, and the game is already half-way through its life cycle. doesnt even look like its on sale atm
why do you care so much about a league you left?

The truth is we are playing this league on a forum that people have stopped signing up for. The "go out recruiting" idea has been out there for years and years and years. The level of interest / active members problem was unavoidable. People go between interest/less interest cycles and eventually this thing would hit a low point.

NML

I care because I had a lot of hours in this league and the last, and I check in occasionally to see how it’s doing (half interest, half vendetta)

I agree with a lot of those points. I think you can withstand the varying interest by having more active owners.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'm prolly stay around for ever. I dont know how to stop doing things once I start. Mind you I dont mind a new league or new rules or old league and old rules. I'll probably die setting a minor league roster one day.....

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I just have a hard time believing there was a full league of new owners, but yeah I guess we will never know.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm prolly stay around for ever. I dont know how to stop doing things once I start. Mind you I dont mind a new league or new rules or old league and old rules. I'll probably die setting a minor league roster one day.....
Same here... My interest varies by season and time, but once I start something (i.e. watching a terrible TV show) I don't quit until it ends. I have no problem with a new league especially if we want to do smaller. Contracting in game may mess up a lot of things so I think it'd be better to just start new.

IMO the paradox is we have some long-time owners who might just quit if we start totally new. It might help attract new owners but the issue has always been where are these new owners coming from? No one randomly finds this site anymore since it's a site founded on a video game that hasn't been made in about 10 years at this point.

We could try to get some old timers back, I've tried with GOOK (lulz) and I think fignuts. I have no idea where dawg is. Reel/Zach/OU/@Bdub seem done. But IMO that's where we start if we are serious about recruiting.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
30 minutes!

We mostly lost because my role-player guys just couldn't hit this year. Jibril was only a plus player because of his glove, Bolton is on the way to the glue factory, and then Postuma getting hurt was the nail in the coffin.