• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021 MLB and Rockies AA Look-back Thread

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Are we going to have Minor League Baseball this year or not? Gonna be a real damn shame if I can't go see the Lynchburg Hillcats or Salem Red Sux this spring and summer. @hayvis when we XOOM next time (assume you too don't cut me out of ur life) I'll have to show you my Salem Buccaneers collection from '88-90. Plan on livestreaming from Lewis Gale Stadium to the motherland if we get live in person MiLB this year babby so be patient with me boss.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I’m not saying it’s a good deal or smart or whatever, but I’m so used to the opposite of this happening that I’m pumped.

Without a salary cap these kind of signings always elicit an "it ain't my money" reaction from me. Who cares?

It also makes for good comedy with teams I don't like. Barcelona is paying Griezmann $1.2m a week lol.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
You really did, lol. Was some lean times for a while.

Welcome aboard!

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Are we going to have Minor League Baseball this year or not? Gonna be a real damn shame if I can't go see the Lynchburg Hillcats or Salem Red Sux this spring and summer. @hayvis when we XOOM next time (assume you too don't cut me out of ur life) I'll have to show you my Salem Buccaneers collection from '88-90. Plan on livestreaming from Lewis Gale Stadium to the motherland if we get live in person MiLB this year babby so be patient with me boss.

The Kernels are advertising May 4th as Opening Day, so fingers crossed! I'm planning to swing buy the stadium next week and buy like $100 worth of ticket vouchers and hit up the clubhouse shop.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Only minor league team cut by the Phillies was the Williamsport Crosscutters. The biggest "change" was Clearwater and Lakewood swapped low-A and high-A designations. Clearwater now low-A and Lakewood now high-A.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Boooooo. This was bush league by the Yankees, they threw blue collar Trenton to the curb for the yuppy Somerset crowd.

Ah yes, the New York Yankees, famously supported by only the most white collar, egalitarian people. This makes perfect sense.

Oh wait

baseballyankeefans.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Everyone in that first gif is 100% outwardly racist and proud of it

ZackMills

Have mercy
The sad kid in the second gif makes it for me. Imagine taking your grandkid to a playoff game and sitting next to those kind New York ambassadors.

That's grandpa's fault. Look at the energetic grandpa in the lower right and excited dad in upper left of the first gif explaining to their youngsters what the goons are doing. Gotta have some more pep.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Gonna run a WBL theme for the ex-work league this SZN. 3x defending champ. Have to play til someone takes the crown. Hundo buy-in; Winner-take-all

@Mr. Radpants you have a jpeg of Mr. Moritz Norman mug lying about?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
BTW, I can't recommend the Baseball Prospectus Essential Guide and the Prospects Guide enough. I get them every year, great reading.

Straight fire emojis on the article about the Red Sox. What a garbage ownership group and disaster.