• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Olympic shit and pissing show

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
SIAP. Russian coach after the game.

Q: What future, if any, do you see for your own work and for your coaching staff? Because, you know, your predecessor was eaten alive after the Olympics—
A: Well then, eat me alive right now—

Q: No, I mean—
A: Eat me, and I won't be here anymore.

Q: But we have the world championship coming up!
A: Well then, there will be a different coach because I won't exist any more, since you will have eaten me.

Q: But you're staying, aren't you?
A: Yes, I will remain living.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303636404579392940335780808

osick87

Community Liaison
I'm surprised Latvia isn't coached by Randy Carlyle. This is like watching the Leafs play.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Sochi Bear on hearing the news that Russian team is being sent to a Siberian Death Camp as punishment.

1620876_10152405337441055_2116559295_n.jpg

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I won't even be mad if Canada beats USA on Friday but if it's some fuck like Jeff Carter or Corey Perry scoring the GWG I might shake my fist at the Canadian embassy.

osick87

Community Liaison
It will be Crosby so I have two youtubes to troll BD with when he gets too jingo.

osick87

Community Liaison
I won't even be mad if Canada beats USA on Friday but if it's some fuck like Jeff Carter or Corey Perry scoring the GWG I might shake my fist at the Canadian embassy.

I think Jeff Carter still frosts his tips. He has a hell of a shot but I'd prefer someone else.

Perry looks like a 10 yr old. I could see him getting it because the Getlaf Perry Benn line are a bunch of big physical guys who are a bitch to get the puck off of.

goblue96

To continue to pile on USA Curling and their lack of funding, a team from my club qualified for Mixed Nationals this year. I just got this email from the club board:

A trip to nationals and it's completely unfunded by the national organization. :thumbsup:

I was talking to the two guys are qualified for Mixed Nationals about their expenses. They are estimating that it's going to cost them $5000-$5500 to go to Nationals. Airfare is $450/pp ($1800 total). The host hotel is $90+tax. They need two rooms for nine nights so that around $1700. They still have to rent a car, buy uniforms, and feed themselves. Thanks, USCA. :thumbsup:

Bruce Wayne

I was talking to the two guys are qualified for Mixed Nationals about their expenses. They are estimating that it's going to cost them $5000-$5500 to go to Nationals. Airfare is $450/pp ($1800 total). The host hotel is $90+tax. They need two rooms for nine nights so that around $1700. They still have to rent a car, buy uniforms, and feed themselves. Thanks, USCA. :thumbsup:

Can't these guys get sponsors? Hell, the first person I called in each of a sponsor for my sons baseball team said yes and gave me $4,000. This is for a 10u team. I can't imagine some business(s) wouldn't be willing to help them.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Women's Ski Half Pipe might be worse than ice dancing. At least ice dancing appears to have a measure of danger, i.e., a chick might get dropped on her head. These women in the ski half pipe look terrified and go slow as shit.

goblue96

Can't these guys get sponsors? Hell, the first person I called in each of a sponsor for my sons baseball team said yes and gave me $4,000. This is for a 10u team. I can't imagine some business(s) wouldn't be willing to help them.

They can get sponsors. I don't know why they aren't. The one guy on the team is the business manager at a local bank. He has to know someone who would sponsor them to offset some of the costs.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I've got the figure skating stream on and while I'm doing a bunch of work and not really watching, am listening and I have to give some credit to Weir who seems to know absolutely everything about these skaters and their coaches etc. May be a bit of an attention whore but he's otherwise pretty damn professional. Better than half our Football announcers :laughing:

osick87

Community Liaison
They can get sponsors. I don't know why they aren't. The one guy on the team is the business manager at a local bank. He has to know someone who would sponsor them to offset some of the costs.
I could be wrong but I doubt the Curling Canada pays for stuff. I could see the separate provincial curling committees covering the charges though.

osick87

Community Liaison
Well time for USA Canada Woman's Hockey. Maybe there will be another line brawl

goblue96

I could be wrong but I doubt the Curling Canada pays for stuff. I could see the separate provincial curling committees covering the charges though.

I don't believe the regional association is covering any of the costs. If they are, it's $500 at the most.

Bdub

Outside of Utopia no one gives a damn about curling so I can see why they are a less supported sport. It sucks but I would much rather see more support towards other Olympic sports.

osick87

Community Liaison
1-0 USA
Meghan Duggan. Unfortunately not Jim's daughter.

ku-xlarge.gif

Last edited:

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I've got the figure skating stream on and while I'm doing a bunch of work and not really watching, am listening and I have to give some credit to Weir who seems to know absolutely everything about these skaters and their coaches etc. May be a bit of an attention whore but he's otherwise pretty damn professional. Better than half our Football announcers :laughing:
Which is why they don't use him in primetime.

jdlikewhoa

Outside of Utopia no one gives a damn about curling so I can see why they are a less supported sport. It sucks but I would much rather see more support towards other Olympic sports.

I would hope that the Curling Associations care about their sport more than the average Joe cares about curling. I think that was goblue's point

Bdub

I would hope that the Curling Associations care about their sport more than the average Joe cares about curling. I think that was goblue's point
Apparently that is not the case. It's apparently a lost and forgotten sport.