• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Recent content by BuckeyeNut

1. BuckeyeNut

NCAA Defense Base Playbook

nofx94, I just want to make sure I am understanding you correctly. You have your defensive playbook set as the Multiple Defense for recruiting reasons and then you have it customized to a more 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 defense. I just want to make sure I am getting that right, because that is an idea I...
  2. BuckeyeNut

NCAA Defense Base Playbook

Hey guys, wanted to get a feel for what base playbook you prefer and how you specifically use them. I am always trying out new defenses trying to find one that works for me (I suck horribly at defense in NCAA/Madden) and want to get a feel for what you guys have had success with or what you guys...
  3. BuckeyeNut

Recruiting Questions

I mainly stay in the 4-2-5 and don't play much of the regular nickel defenses. I also try and mix up what I am doing, but I run a more blitz-happy defensive scheme in order to cause mistakes. I like to blitz anyone and that's a reason I went with the 4-2-5 because the blitzes are insane and...
  4. BuckeyeNut

Recruiting Questions

My big thing now is running the 4-2-5 defense, but I have issues recruiting for that now. DL is obvious as is Corners and FS being coverage (Blitz Happy after all), but I have issues with the LB's and the SS's. I am unsure if I should worry about just MLB and ROLB and not really worry about...
  5. BuckeyeNut

Open call for PS3 NCAA '14 players

NorthernDeath93
  6. BuckeyeNut

Spread-I Offense 2.0

I know the major play that was run against Oregon in the Championship game was an offset counter out of 11 personel. They mostly ran it with a wham-blocking tight end (Nick Vannet or Jeff Heuermann) and a lot of zone runs up the middle out of the same formation. Also ran a few counters out of an...
  7. BuckeyeNut

Spread-I Offense 2.0

I am actually really interested in running something like this as well, so is it possible if I could get the same powerpoint?
  8. BuckeyeNut

Recruiting Questions

Yeah I was thinking of a little bit of a mixture of odd and under fronts so I am not always lining up the same way. I do like that with the odd you can disguise the blitz and have either OLB come on a 4-man blitz with very little tell as which one is coming. I am more familiar with the under...
  9. BuckeyeNut

Recruiting Questions

Bruin: Truthfully, I am unsure as to what you mean by what front am I running. Do you mean like an "Odd" or "Even" front or do you mean a 2-gap or 1-gap? As far as the effectiveness in the game, I do understand that it does have it's issues against the run, but I am normally very stout...
  10. BuckeyeNut

Recruiting Questions

NavyHog: I understand the idea of turning a LB into a DE, but I need as many LBs as I can get. So turning a fast, pass rushing DE into an 3-4 pass rushing LB is not a good idea unless he is fast? The only reason I think that could be a good idea is because I have found some DEs in the past that...
  11. BuckeyeNut

Recruiting Questions

My other big question I have when it comes to recruiting is for the 3-4. I have recently become fascinated by the 3-4 defense (Curse you Browns and Titans for forcing me to play this in Madden!!) and want to run it in NCAA. However, I am unsure how to recruit for the positions as a whole. I...
  12. BuckeyeNut

Recruiting Questions

JSU: I am looking for JUCOs mainly because I have started at GSU and I have to replace some talent I had on defense rather quickly and the incoming freshmen I can recruit at this time are low to mid 60s at best, so a JUCO may not be the best option for the long run, they will shore up the bad...
  13. BuckeyeNut

Recruiting Questions

Nevermind, I was able to get on to the game today and was able to answer the first part of my question. However, is there an easy way to just locate JUCO players or do I have to actually just look at each position for them manually?
  14. BuckeyeNut

Recruiting Questions

I have been playing NCAA 14 religiously for the past two years and have been successful at recruiting the entire time, but the thing that has amazed me up to this point is that I still have yet to discover a JUCO recruit or any way of easily finding one. Am I missing something or do I have to...
  15. BuckeyeNut

Spread-I Offense 2.0

Is there any way to tell how much run block a wide receiver has before you sign them? I never seem to luck out with getting the good run blockers for WR and I don't know if there is some hint to getting this right.