• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2018 Motor Racing thread

Wolfman21

Remember when they used to come up with really awesome paint schemes for the all star race? Now days it's either nothing special or some generic lookin garbage

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Yeah, but that was when they'd run the same scheme all year, so for that one race, it was a big deal. People lost their minds when Dale drove that silver car in 1995.
earnhardt%2095.jpeg

Now, paint schemes change every race because the main sponsor changes every race (or whatever that sponsor is wanting to promote): http://www.jayski.com/news/schemes/2016/story/_/page/2016-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-88-Team-Schemes

It also used to be a big deal because those old cars were painted. Now they use vinyl to wrap the cars. So they can just print the scheme, and apply it quickly.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I must say though, I like Dale Jr's taste in schemes. The ones he has a hand in are very simple, and are throwback in a way. That TaxSlayer scheme reminds you of Dale Sr's Wrangler car.

Wolfman21

Yup.

Pretty sure there was an xfinity team last year that did that car. And I think there's another one this year planning it.

My favorite throwback schemes announced so far this year are the 1, 6, 16, 18, 20, 22 and 88

Wolfman21

Chase looks like he got a really good piece this weekend. Finished 2nd here earlier this season with same rules package. Qualified 5th. 2nd and 3rd in practices today with some really good 10 lap times.

Wolfman21

Have faith

Any nascar game released on console sucks. NR2003 or iRacing. Only two places where you can get legit, fun racing. Go watch one of the nascar evolution youtube videos. Its terrible. Cars bouncing off of each other without losing speed. Driving through the grass and remaining glued to the track. No thanks.

JAR201166

I'm just there for the online Talladega races dumping somebody in the trioval is great career mode looks like NASCAR thunder 04

Bdub

Damn what an Indycar race at Texas tonight. Rahal wins by .008 of a second. Great decision to come back and finish the race.
Pagenoud leads the championship by 25 points. Another season that will come down to the final race.

Wolfman21

Damn Chase kills himself after races where he makes a mistake. Though...i don't know what he could have done differently...the 42 was just a bit quicker and got a better push from the 2 car on both late restarts. The first two rows spun their tires on that last restart.

Future of the sport is in good hands though. Larson, Blaney, Elliott all in the age 20-24 range and have proven they can run in the top 5 already. Its just a matter of time before Erik Jones is doing that next year. Then Logano is still in his 20's and running strong.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I knew it wasn't going to happen when that caution came out with 15 to go. He had a 3 second lead at that point and was pulling away from Larson.

Wolfman21

I knew it wasn't going to happen when that caution came out with 15 to go. He had a 3 second lead at that point and was pulling away from Larson.

yup, i called it earlier when that caution came out. Told my wife at that point it was over. Only reason he was pulling away from larson was because of the traffic that almost drove larson into the wall. Once they got going, they were both pretty even but larson was a tick quicker. Chase would have won that race had it gone green. But alas

gilstein21

no caution and chase wins, but i'm not upset with larson winning. kid can drive a car and was nice to see other drivers there in victory lane to congratulate him. Good day for the young guys with larson, elliott, and blaney all up there

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Dale Jr. will sit out the remainder of the 2016 season. Jeff Gordon and Alex Bowman will race the remaining races in the 88.

Again, wouldn't be the least bit shocked if 2016 or 2017 is Dale's last year. Making way for William Byron.

I've heard that Gibbs may be letting Kenseth go in favor of Erik Jones after 2017. Biffle also looks to be out of a ride soon.

Wolfman21

Dale Jr. will sit out the remainder of the 2016 season. Jeff Gordon and Alex Bowman will race the remaining races in the 88.

Again, wouldn't be the least bit shocked if 2016 or 2017 is Dale's last year. Making way for William Byron.

I've heard that Gibbs may be letting Kenseth go in favor of Erik Jones after 2017. Biffle also looks to be out of a ride soon.

Byron hasn't even raced in xfinity yet. He's at the very least two seasons away so I don't think you'll see him til 2019 at earliest. Hendrick needs to sign more young guns. Jimmie and Kasey will be out the door before you know it as well

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
If Byron does as good as he has in Trucks, he may win the title in his rookie year. The Gibbs cars are still stout, but they're relatively average if not in the hands of Jones or a Cup driver. I like Matt Tifft because he went to UNC Charlotte, but he's no Erik Jones or Kyle Busch.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
They didn't mention it on there, but Logano's scheme looks like Tony Stewart's from his 1998 Busch Grand National ride:

stewart-98shell18revclub.jpg

C22682XSDJL-1.jpg

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Was glad to see Sadler hold off Hamlin for the win. You could tell it meant a hell of a lot more to him than it would have for the 18 team.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Great day for racing. Italian Grand Prix on now. Indycar at Watkins Glen, Nascar Truck series at MoSport in Canada, and Darlington this evening.

Wolfman21

Yeah. That's horseshit and every driver on Twitter agrees.

Hell, atleast when chase turned Dillon there a couple years ago he was along side him.