• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Son of a Mack: A college football re-enactment dynasty

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Starting a New Dynasty for when I run into a bottleneck with not having research complete for the Astronaut High dynasty. As has been stated before, Corch B. Mack will have offspring and nephews, and potentially grandchildren who will be introduced as variables in the dynasty. This dynasty will eventually bring them into the college game.

Setup:
I will start with 1983. The first of corch Mack’s sons will be recruited in the 1984 season so, starting with 1983 will allow me to build some momentum before we are ready for that. I still have not decided how I will bring the Mack’s into the recruiting world. My two thoughts are:

1-Create prospects so that hometown is correct, and ramp the ratings down from their senior year high school rating to an appropriate college freshman level.

2-Use the NFL draft round for the player from the high school dynasty and correlate that to a Start ranking, then find an existing recruit in the database which closely resembles the player and use that player, changing the name later. I.e. a 1[sup]st[/sup] rounder would be a 5 star recruit, 2[sup]nd[/sup] rounder = 4 star and so on.

Also not sure how I am going to handle recruiting in general. More on that in the future.

I have identified 12 teams from the teambuilder website that are the 1983 replicas. The schools chosen are southern and eastern schools (also some old big 8), which a player from Florida would likely go to. I picked schools that had already pretty well built named and rated rosters, so that my upfront work was minimized. The goal of this is to begin getting into gameplay quickly.

I will customize the conferences to match the conferences as they have changed over time. Bowl alignments will similarly be changed, to the extent possible. There is still the pesky BCS champ game in there so its gonna be a variant from actual history.

The Teams:
Miami
Alabama
Auburn
Clemson
Michigan
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Oklahoma st.
Illinois
Pitt
Iowa

Team Progression:
I will create custom playbooks that mimmick the style of play of the teams during this era, and will adjust as time progresses.

Coaches will be built with the coaches of 1983, with their age. Unsure of how to exactly handle coach progression, hires, fires. Could be a fun part of the variables. We’ll see. I am editing in even non-user controlled coaches as I play those teams with the 1983 user controlled teams.

Preseason Tasks:
Custom Schedules---this seems to be an SOB. When you have 12 user teams changes to one or regenerating a schedule seems to screw up the other. Had some trial and error here. Only team I really couldn’t get all games for in 1983 was Oklahoma.

Depth Charts—Using http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb to mainly set offensive depth charts.

I will add more to this as time goes on. Just want to get it rolling now.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
1983 Season-
Alabama-Ray Perkins has big shoes to fill as he takes over for legendary Bear Bryant.

Auburn- Bo Jackson leads the way for coach Pat Dye.

Clemson-Danny Ford’s defending ACC champions are led on defense by lineman William Perry, weighing in at 320 pounds.

Illinois-Sophomore Jack Trudeau takes over at quarterback after Tony Eason is picked 15[sup]th[/sup] overall by the New England Patriots.

Iowa-Redshirt sophomore quarterback Chuck Long leads the Hawkeyes.

Miami-Coach Howard Schnellenberger will turn to redshirt freshman Bernie Kosar to replace Jim Kelly at quarterback.

Michigan-Senior quarterback Steve Smith returns for his 3[sup]rd[/sup] season as starter for Bo Schembechler.

Nebraska-Turner Gill and Mike Rozier return to lead the preseason #1 ranked Cornhuskers, coming off a 12-1 1982 season. The only loss was to eventual national champion Penn St (led by Curt Warner!)

Notre Dame-Blair Keil returns at quarterback for his 4[sup]th[/sup] year as a starter.

Oklahoma-Barry Switzer begins the season ranked #2 with talented sophomore running back Marcus Dupree. Experts predict he could be the first sophomore ever to win the Heisman trophy.

Oklahoma St.-Coach Jimmy Johnson will rely on Senior running back Earnest Anderson, who gained over 1800 yards in 1982.

Pitt-The Panthers will try to replace Dan Marino with freshman John Congemi at quarterback.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
[xtable=877x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=115x@}Week 1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}User Games{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Rank{/td}
{td}Away{/td}
{td}Score{/td}
{td}Rank{/td}
{td}Home{/td}
{td}Score{/td}
{td}Notable Performances{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td}Auburn{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}Texas{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}Al Del Greco (Aub): 33 yd FG as time expires. Bo Jackson (Aub): 24 att 118 yds{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}-{/td}
{td}Illinois{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}Missouri{/td}
{td}37{/td}
{td}Tim Brewster (Ill): 4 rec, 103 yd, 2 td{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}-{/td}
{td}Washington St.{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}Michigan{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}Steve Smith (Mich): 2 passing td, 1 rushing td{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}-{/td}
{td}Miami{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}Florida{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}Ken Calhoun (Mia): 1 int, 1 fumble recovery for td{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6{/td}
{td}Notre Dame{/td}
{td}34{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}Purdue{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}Allen Pinkett (ND): 28 att, 158 yds, 2 tds, 4 rec 64 yds{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}-{/td}
{td}Western Carolina{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}Clemson{/td}
{td}52{/td}
{td}Stacy Driver (Clem): 22 att, 143 yds, 2 tds{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td}Oklahoma{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}TCU{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}Oklahoma drives to 12 but last second pass is intercepted in the endzone.{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
How many of the teams are you going to control vs simming? Are you controlling all of them, or will that change week to week (or when the macks are recruited). Definitely following, as usual.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
How many of the teams are you going to control vs simming? Are you controlling all of them, or will that change week to week (or when the macks are recruited). Definitely following, as usual.

Right now I am controlling all user teams. It's fun to play different offensive styles with the players that others have created on teambuilder. I may tire of this. Right now it is a time killer because I am behind on research and could be for a bit.

I'm not sure what I'll do once I put a Mack in recruiting and see where he lands. I want the possibility for them to be on Amy of the 12 user teams so that would mean I'd need to keep editing each teams historical roster as time goes on. I may just edit in the stars.

Also don't know how I'm Handling user v user games yet.

I'm not going to do as much write up so that may offset the tedium of upkeep of 12 teams. Really wish I could get 120 teams switched out. But it wouldn't matter because there are only about 33 existing tb teams from 83.

The thing I've found with the astronaut dynasty is there is a lot of work besides playing games. Don't get my wrong I want to keep doing that but with this one I get more gameplay.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The extra work is why I moved to quarterly updates rather than write ups for every game in my dynasty. There is a fine line between the dynasty write-ups keeping you interested/excited in playing the next game and having them become tedious. Less write ups and more gameplay seems like a good plan to me.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
9/8/1984

Matthew Mack receives scholarship offers from Miami and Clemson. He has narrowed his potential college visits down:

[xtable=206x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=64x@}1{/td}
{td=78x@}Miami{/td}
{td=64x@}Offer{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td}Nebraska{/td}
{td} -{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td}Clemson{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4{/td}
{td}Pitt{/td}
{td} -{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td}ND{/td}
{td} -{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6{/td}
{td}Michigan{/td}
{td} -{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
There is a severe lack of Collinsworth alma maters in that college list and it makes me sad pants.

Maybe Keith will want to go to Gainesville. It looks like Matthew was enamored by that 31-30 Orange Bowl.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
9/22/1984

Matthew schedules 3 of his official visits. Clemson moves past Nebraska in preference. Maybe it was the fact that Clemson scheduled their visit to coincide with the War Eagles bye week. Nebraska, a bit inflexible has matthew flying out the morning after the Titusville game. I'm sure he is upset that he won't be able to stay out with his buddies hanging out in Hog Valley after the game.

[xtable=skin1|330x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=76x@}Order{/td}
{td=114x@}Team{/td}
{td=64x@}Offer?{/td}
{td=76x@}Visit{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}1{/td}
{td}Miami{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}12/1/1984{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td}Clemson{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}11/10/1984{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td}Nebraska{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}11/17/1984{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4{/td}
{td}Pitt{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td}ND{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6{/td}
{td}Michigan{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
10/13/1984

On the way to school to look over the game film from the previous nights win over Palm Bay, Matthew Mack informs his father that he has narrowed his college choices down to Miami and Clemson. He says he still may take the official visit to Nebraska.

[xtable=330x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=76x@}Order{/td}
{td=114x@}Team{/td}
{td=64x@}Offer?{/td}
{td=76x@}Visit{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}1{/td}
{td}Miami{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}12/1/1984{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td}Clemson{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}11/10/1984{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td}Nebraska{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}11/17/1984{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4{/td}
{td}Pitt{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td}ND{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6{/td}
{td}Michigan{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
If he makes the trip to South Bend, all of those other schools will fall off the list.

"Notre Dame hasn't offered a scholarship or even a chance to visit," said Matthew. "I'd like to go see the campus but my dad isn't a big fan of what Gerry Faust is doing there with the program."

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
11/10/1984 to 11/11/1984

Matthew Mack makes his first official visit to Clemson. He enjoys the atmosphere as the Tigers win 17-10 over Virginia Tech.

Clemson jumps to the top of Matthew's list. Alabama also enters the fray for the first time. Nebraska finally offers a scholarship.

[xtable=330x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=76x@}Order{/td}
{td=114x@}Team{/td}
{td=64x@}Offer?{/td}
{td=76x@}Visit{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}1{/td}
{td}Clemson{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}11/10/1984{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td}Miami{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}12/1/1984{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td}Nebraska{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}11/17/1984{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4{/td}
{td}Ptt{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td}ND{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6{/td}
{td}Michigan{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}7{/td}
{td}Alabama{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
11/17- 11/18/1984

Matthew Mack wakes up early Saturday morning to catch a flight to Nebraska. #1 ranked Nebraska loses to #6 Oklahoma 17-7. A shivering Mack doesn't have a good time and drops Nebraska to the bottom of his list.

[xtable=330x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=76x@}Order{/td}
{td=114x@}Team{/td}
{td=64x@}Offer?{/td}
{td=76x@}Visit{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}1{/td}
{td}Clemson{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}11/10/1984{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td}Miami{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}12/1/1984{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td}Pitt{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4{/td}
{td}ND{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td}Michigan{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6{/td}
{td}Alabama{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}7{/td}
{td}Nebraska{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}11/17/1984{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
12/1/1984-12/2/1984

Despite no game, Matthew Mack enjoys his weekend in Coral Gable visiting the University of Miami. He now lists Miami as a slight favorite over Clemson.

[xtable=330x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=76x@}Order{/td}
{td=114x@}Team{/td}
{td=64x@}Offer?{/td}
{td=76x@}Visit{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}1{/td}
{td}Miami{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}12/1/1984{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td}Clemson{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}11/10/1984{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td}Pitt{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4{/td}
{td}ND{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td}Michigan{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6{/td}
{td}Alabama{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}7{/td}
{td}Nebraska{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}11/17/1984{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
FEBRUARY 1985

"I've decided to go to Clemson University to continue my football career and get a degree," Announces Matthew Mack, senior at Astronaut High School. "It was close between CLemson and Miami, but I think Clemson's style of play suits me a little more. I think I'll have more chances to run the ball at Clemson."

"I"m proud of all of the players that have played here through the years who have gone onto receive scholarships," said Astronaut Coach B. Mack. "It's a little more special when its your own child."

Clemson finished the 1984 season 7-4, 2nd in the Atlantic Coast Conference. They will have Senior Stacy Driver (627 yards), and Juniors Kenny Flowers (562 yards) and Terrance Flagler (350 yards) returning next year at the running back spot.

"We've talked to Coach (Danny) Ford, and they'll probably red shirt Matthew next year," said B. Mack.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
9/21/1985

Coach Danny Ford says Matthew Mack will redshirt for the 1985 season. Matthew will only see the field in the case of injuries that thin out the deep Clemson backfield.

Keith Mack has received 6 scholarship offers and has scheduled 3 official visits.

[xtable=330x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=76x@}Order{/td}
{td=114x@}Team{/td}
{td=64x@}Offer?{/td}
{td=76x@}Visit{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}1{/td}
{td}Auburn{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}10/26/1985{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td}Iowa{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}11/2/1985{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td}Clemson{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}12/7/1985{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4{/td}
{td}UCF{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td}Pitt{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6{/td}
{td}Alabama{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}7{/td}
{td}Miami{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
9/28/1985

After being nagged by his mother, Milady Mack, for a week, Keith Mack moves Clemson up past Iowa. "I just think it'd be nice if you played with your brother again," says Milady. B. Mack rolls his eyes and goes back to his gameplanning for the upcoming district game with Rockledge.

[xtable=330x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=76x@}Order{/td}
{td=114x@}Team{/td}
{td=64x@}Offer?{/td}
{td=76x@}Visit{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}1{/td}
{td}Auburn{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}10/26/1985{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td}Clemson{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}12/7/1985{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td}Iowa{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}11/2/1985{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4{/td}
{td}UCF{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td}Alabama{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6{/td}
{td}Pitt{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}7{/td}
{td}Miami{/td}
{td}Offer{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
10/26-10/27/1985

Keith Mack gives a solid verbal commitment to Auburn on this visit there. He cancels all other visits after being watching Bo Jackson rush for 169 yards and two touchdowns in a 21-9 win over Mississippi St. Auburn gets another Florida quarterback commitment as well, from Reggie Slack of Milton.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
9/6/1986
Chattanooga at #14 Auburn

Auburn defeats Chattanooga 31-7 (reel: 42-14). Brent Fullwood rushes for 80 yards and 2 touchdowns to lead Auburn’s ground game. Quarterback Jeff Burger completes 13 of 21 passes for 182 yards, throwing 1 touchdown pass and 1 interception. Wide Receiver Lawyer Tillman had 5 receptions for 71 yards.

Keith Mack did not play.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
9/13/1986
Virginia Tech at Clemson

Clemson loses its home opener to Virginia Tech 27-13 (reel: 20-14 loss). Terrence Flagler rushes 15 times for 62 yards to lead Clemson on the ground. Matthew Mack makes his debut as a redshirt freshman. He carries 10 times for 31 yards and catches 1 pass for 7 yards. He also return 2 kickoffs for 41 yards and 3 punts for 19 yards. Quarterback Rodney Williams completed 10 of 21 passes for 163 yards and 1 touchdown. He threw 2 interceptions, both in the 4[sup]th[/sup] quarter leading to two Virginia Tech touchdowns. The game was tied at 13 at the time of the first interception.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
9/20/1986
East Carolina at #10 Auburn

Auburn (2-0) defeats East Carolina 31-0 (reel: 45-0). Brent Fullwood rushed for 132 yards on 19 carries and scored a touchdown. Jeff Burger completed 11 of 17 passes for 127 yards and a touchdown.

Keith Mack did not play.

Clemson at #14 Georgia

Clemson (1-1) goes on the road and upsets #14 Georgia 38-28. Clemson rushed for 367 yards, only attempting 10 passes. Terrence Flagler picked up 132 yards on 20 carries. Matthew Mack had 60 yards on 18 carries. Mack scored his first ever collegiate touchdown on a 1 yard run with 7:51 left in 3[sup]rd[/sup] to give Clemson a 28-14 lead. Mack returned 2 kickoffs for 43 yards and 5 punts for 47 yards.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Good Work BMack on the 1980's Dynasty, So I Really like to See Auburn is doing with Bo Jackson.

Bo was gone by 1986. I fast forwarded past 1983-1985 through to the son of Mack playing years. It was too much to play all the games for all the teams.

I still have the original file though so I could always Go back. Time is the enemy however.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
9/27/1986

Tennessee at #8 Auburn

Auburn (3-0, 1-0 SEC) defeats Tennessee 38-3 at home. Brent Fullwood rushed for 139 yards on 13 carries. Jeff Burger completed 7 of 10 passes for 123 yards, including a 38 yard touchdown to Trey Gainous late in the first half.

Keith Mack did not play.

A young @Southpaw begins the process of disowning his Vols which will be completed in 2017.

Clemson at Georgia Tech
Terrence Flagler returns opening kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown. Matt Mack scored on a 1 yard touchdown run with 5:51 left in the 4[sup]th[/sup] quarter to give Clemson a 14-10 lead. Georgia Tech completes 15 yard touchdown pass with 2:57 left to take 17-14 lead. Mack then scores on a 2 yard run with 23 seconds left. 10 play 86 yard drive taking 2:34. Terrence Flagler rushed 17 times for 109 yards. Mack carried ten times for 40 yards, while returning 1 kickoff for 43 yards and 4 punts for 28 yards.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
10/4/1986
Western Carolina at Auburn

Auburn defeats Western Carolina 36-14 (reel: 55-6) to improve to 4-0 on the season. Jeff Burger completes 11 of 19 passes for 226 yards and 2 touchdowns. Brent Fullwood was the leading rusher with 83 yards and a touchdown. Lawyer Tillman caught 5 passes for 99 yards.

Keith Mack did not play.

Citadel at Clemson
Clemson defeats The Citadel 35-0 (reel: 24-0). Terrance Flagler rushed 18 times for 87 yards. Kenny Flowers rushed for 75 yards on just 6 attempts and scored a touchdown. Matthew Mack rushed 6 times for 15 yards. He returned a punt 47 yards for a touchdown to give Clemson a 21-0 lead with 43 seconds left in the 1[sup]st[/sup] quarter.

Last edited:

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
10/11/1986
Clemson at Virginia

Clemson defeats Virginia 41-21 (Reel: 31-17). Terrence Flagler leads the way with 19 rushes for 212 yards. Matthew Mack picks up 100 yards on 11 carries. Kenny Flowers rushed 17 times for 61 yards. Mack returned 4 kickoffs for 106 yards and 4 punts for 21 yards.

Auburn at Vanderbilt

Auburn moves to 5-0 on the season with a 30-10 win over Vanderbilt (Reel: 31-9). Brent Fullwood rushed 17 times for 79 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Keith Mack did not play.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
10/18/1986
Georgia Tech at Auburn

Auburn defeats Georgia Tech 33-10 (reel: 31-10). Brent Fullwood rushed 22 times for 145 yards and 2 touchdowns, including a 53 yarder on the games 2[sup]nd[/sup] play from scrimmage.

Keith Mack did not play.

Clemson at Duke

Clemson beats Duke 31-7 (REEL: 35-3). Kenny Flowers rushed for 84 yards on 12 attempts and Matthew Mack had 70 yards on 13 rushes. Each scored a touchdown. Rodney Williams completed 7 of 13 passes for 185 yards and two touchdowns, including an 80-yard scoring pass to Terrance Roulhac.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
10/25/1986

Auburn at Mississippi State

Auburn defeats Mississippi State 27-10. Keith Mack entered in the first half for an injured Jeff Burger. He split time with fellow Freshman QB Reggie Slack. Mack completed 4 of 11 passes for 61 yards and a touchdown with 26 seconds left in the first half. He rushed 8 times for 19 yards. Slack completed 2 of 6 passes for 23 yards while rushing 5 times for 29 yards. Brent Fullwood paced the running game for Auburn with 110 yards on 17 carries and a touchdown.

Clemson at North Carolina State

Rodney Williams connected with Ray Williams for a 12 yard touchdown pass with 10 seconds left to give Clemson a 21-17 victory over North Carolina State (reel: 3-27 loss). Clemson intercepted 3 passes in the 2[sup]nd[/sup] half. Kenny Flowers rushed 12 times for 96 yards and a touchdown. Matthew Mack carried 10 times for 67 yards. Mack returned 4 kickoffs for 74 yards and 1 punt for 6 yards.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
November 1, 1986
Auburn at Florida

Auburn fell in a road contest against the Florida Gators. Keith Mack entered game in 4[sup]th[/sup] quarter after Jeff Burger leaves with bruised sternum. Mack threw a 4 yard td pass to Brent Fullwood to bring the score to 37-27. A 2 point pass attempt was broken up. Mack then a throws 41 yard td pass to Trey Gainous with 9 seconds left. Florida recovers onside kick to secure a 37-34 win. Mack completed 7 of 14 pass attempts for 156 yards and 2 touchdowns in a attempting to bring Auburn back.

Clemson at Wake Forest

Kenny Flowers rushed for 3 4[sup]th[/sup] quarter touchdowns to lead Clemson back to a 42-38 lead after trailing Wake Forest 38-22. Wake Forest reclaimed the lead with 2:33 seconds left 45-42. Rodney Williams led a last minute drive and scored on a 10 yard run with 5 seconds left to give Clemson a 48-45 win. Clemson had 3 players rush for more than 100 yards. Flowers had 122 yards on 11 carries and 3 touchdowns. Matthew Mack rushed 20 times for 120 yards and a touchdown. Terrence Flagler carried 16 times for 116 yards.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
11/8/1986

Cincinnati at Auburn

Auburn defeated Cincinnati 28-7 (reel: 52-7). Brent Fullwood rushed 20 times for 181 yards and 2 touchdowns, including an 80 yarder.

Keith Mack did not play.

North Carolina at Clemson

Clemson beats North Carolina 44-25 (reel: 38-10). Rodney Williams completed 10 of 15 passes for 176 yards and 2 touchdowns. Terrance Flagler rushed 17 times for 131 yards and a touchdown. Fullback Tracy Johnson scored 3 touchdowns. Matthew Mack was held to 16 yards on 10 carries. Mack caught 1 pass for 6 yards. He returned 1 kickoff for 18 yards and 5 punts for 60 yards.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
11/15/1986

Georgia at Auburn

Brent Fullwood scored on a 28 yard td run with 4:29 left to take 17-10 lead. Georgia ties the game with 47 seconds left on a touchdown pass from 19 yards away. Game ends in 17-17 tie (reel: 16-20 loss). Fullwood carried 18 times for 130 yards.

Keith Mack did not play

Clemson at Maryland

Kenny Flowers scores from 5 yards out with 9:11 left in the 2[sup]nd[/sup] quarter to give Clemson a 7-0 lead. Flowers had 104 yards on 15 carries. With 1:21 left in the 4[sup]th[/sup] quarter Maryland cut the lead to 16-14. The onside kick was recovered by Clemson.

Matthew Mack rushed for 64 yards on 17 carries.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
11/22/1986

South Carolina at Clemson

Clemson plays South Carolina to a 24-24 tie. Matthew Mack 34 yard punt return to Gamecock 35 with 7:45 left in a 21-21 tie game. This led to a Clemson field goal with 4:10 left takes 24-21 lead. South Carolina tied the game at 24 with FG with 15 seconds left. Mack rushed for 69 yards on 16 carries. He had 2 kickoff returns for 63 yards and 2 punt returns for 41 yard

Coach B. Mack and family were able to attend the game due to Astronaut having a bye week before beginning the Class 3A playoffs.