• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FIFA 17 Pro Clerbs Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Featuring a game where we got 0 shots, completed zero crosses, and I WHIFFED on a tackle off a corner clearance to allow the goal, and also some of the worst passing decisions ever made.

And that was all in the first one!

kingssc

I actually might be able to hop on in like an hour and a half or so, may have finally wrapped up this damn project.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm around. Probably same timing. 930 or so.

kingssc

6 straight games without giving up a goal (5-1-0), gotta be a Turkeys record. Lugnutt hasn't faced a loss (sans quitting at beginning) in the last 11 counting Tuesday.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I don't think we gave up a goal all night, did we?

NML

We lost the opening game, 1-0, and then we had my red card game that we quit. But the other 5 (that I was on, anyways) we kept clean sheets including four straight 1-0 wins with wondergoals. Lugnutt starts the run and then Jackie Moon goes HAM

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Oh the flick up to the flick header. Almost forgot about that. What a golazo.

Golazo Golazo Golazo BLACK Golazo Golazo Golazo

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The last goal of the night actually looked like real soccer too. I think it was 3-4 fairly quick passes in tight quarters that led to an open look.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
With Hans and Balls in the central midfield it seemed like the opponents didn't even create that many chances. It was pretty fun playing that midfield role sans a couple really errant passes I had in the last game :laughing:

The best was when I shielded the ball and sayo asked how I did it and Kings just laughed.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Errant passes are a little more forgivable when you're playing in the middle and have 20+ attempts. There was one game we combined for nearly 60 (attempts). Not sure we've ever played with CMs acting like real CMs. I think we both did a good jerb of realizing when the other had to support the attack and staying back. Kind of rotating on the axis and instead of playing across the width of the field, playing down it (switching from a north/south combination of CMs to an east/west).

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Every single goal in that highlight has two things.

Playing the ball to the middle of the field, and good spacing to allow everyone the opportunity to move without running into a teammate or pulling a defender in We're not sprinting to the corner or dive bombing into the box as a CM. Its kind of beautiful because each goal had ball and player movement that was completely different. Counterattack flick on to a over the top ball... A square ball from the wing played through 3 players for a goal, another goal where one ST stretched the backline and allowed space at the top of the box. Awesome to watch.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Box-to-box midfielder might be my favorite setup now with those boosts you'll showed me. I was I think 6' but still had good speed and acceleration with a mid 70s tackle rating. Wingers are in the 50s. Physical rating was in the 70s too and I could definitely tell the difference. I used that set up in both formations when I was a DM and an LM (which was basically still a deep midfielder in that formation). One game we had 28 tackles, which I know is a joke, but was still kind of awesome and I think one of the higher totals I've seen from us.

The wings did a good job of tracking back when I was upfield and just playing defense in general. I'm also way less likely to JOIN attack when the ball is actually played back into the middle now and then when we are open for a shot or to lay it off to the striker. Also appreciate sayo sending me corners!

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah there's way less reason to JOIN ATTACK when our offense isn't hopelessly spamming crosses in to nobody. Then you don't need to FIX IT from midfield.

sayo

YEET
So a couple of times, I've gotten caught with the ball deep in the offensive zone and got stuck. I've been able to dribble it to the goal line in the box but freeze up. Am I too wide for a shot attempt? Should I just try a pass in the box? What's the best play there?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
You could probably squeeze a shot in, but honestly I'd just run away from the nearest defender. Like up toward the sideline (or in, if they're really bad at positioning).

Last night is up:

Here's some comments from the first hour...if it looks overly negative I've only highlighted bad things.

Code:
4:18 - this pass should go up, throughball to Yellow or computer. It is passed back to the fullback and he's stranded there.

5:36 - this needs to be a throughball for the CPU running free. Check the radar, their left back is caught way up field. He's in clean with both Blue and Teal supporting if so. Instead it is launched to the moon.

8:35 - I don't even know what is happening here. This isn't a great pass but the fullback just gives up. The followup cross is abysmal.

13:38 - this should basically go anywhere but teal.

13:55 - this is just late, which causes the winger to be offside when the pass is relayed. Earlier passes let things open up better.

16:40 - "go go go" with this pass. I think it's queueing up to be a through pass to yellow, but it's just too late. There's no need to hold this at all, Yellow has a lot of space to get to the ball even if it's not a perfect pass

16:55 - something has to happen here. Anything but just getting run down.

22:40 - Sayo, you have a clear path between the CPU and urself, so if you call for this, we can immediately work a 1-2 with Teal sprinting down the middle. (We score later anyway, but that's coincidental)

36:26 - This is just slow. There's no reason to keep dribbling with the striker sprinting and acres of space in the middle. Yellow fills in for Red who drops back, and the spacing is great, this is probably a shot on goal if the pass from the wing comes quicker.

38:15 - the rare instance when a back pass is a bad move

38:38 - why???

42:09 - this should be a ground normal pass. Blue has a lot of room behind him to receive it and work with it. Cross is just a much lower percentage

43:40 - this should go to green on the outside run. Just completely missed.

43:52 - don't bend this run in, it pulls another defender, even slightly. A straight path to goal and Blue is probably in on the keeper

46:24 - shoot the J! SHOOT IT!

47:50 - a one touch pass to yellow in the middle probably puts Blue through clean on goal

50:08 - yellowyellowyellow

52:45 - this works out to a shot in the end, but a one touch layoff for yellow would have been a much better chance

54:18 - ditto 52:45

57:25 - we choose this for the moment we're NOT crossing it…? Early cross probably hits Red in stride for a golazo

58:20 - yellow wide open in the middle of the field. The R1+X driven pass could get it there easily for a counter attack chance

58:30 - red is probably a better choice here, got too cute trying to force it in to blue

Last edited:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Don't shoot there. You made a couple nice ground passes from that spot yesterday. There is also normally someone at the top of the box too. It's an easy place to get stuck. I normally cross it, which isn't the best play a lot of the time, but it can force a corner from a deflection.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The last goal we scored on the night was the result of 7 consecutive passes, including a back pass. It resulted in a wide open shot.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Our passing was way more on point and like you said I think a lot of that has to do with less CPU mid fielders. We know how to be an outlet and make a back pass.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
We are finishing up an NHL game

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I'm too busy cheesing my way up thru seasons with Dortmund to play...