• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

Even hockey officials are hard af. Linesman just got drilled by the puck on a dump in. He's on one knee for 2-3 minutes., then skates it off and drops the next faceoff.:cool:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Guelph has given up 7 goals and it isn't even the 3rd period? Yikes.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Great start for the Preds power play after sucking in the playoffs last year. Subban is so much better than Weber offensively.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Getzlaf gave that the Daria hand wave level of effort, lol

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Think I'm making Tuesday my hockey watching night with the Lightning on so often. Get to watch Matthews this coming Tues

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Steve Mason is actually pretty good. Not starting too hot obviously
He's not awful. He's inconsistent though. Just like every other goalie the Flyers have had since Lindbergh.

Last year Mason had 11 games where he allowed 4+ goals. plus 2 in the playoffs. That's out of 54 games. The year before he was 8 of 51 with 4+ GA in 51 games. 12 of 61 in 2013-14. I don't know if that is terribly bad, but it seems like it. But for 4.1 M a year, he's probably valued properly.

osick87

Community Liaison
He's not awful. He's inconsistent though. Just like every other goalie the Flyers have had since Lindbergh.

Last year Mason had 11 games where he allowed 4+ goals. plus 2 in the playoffs. That's out of 54 games. The year before he was 8 of 51 with 4+ GA in 51 games. 12 of 61 in 2013-14. I don't know if that is terribly bad, but it seems like it. But for 4.1 M a year, he's probably valued properly.

Since 2013 his 5v5 save% is .935. That's 3rd behind Price and Rask. His 4v5 is pretty bad though. I'd attribute some of that to how dreadful Philly's D has been.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Since 2013 his 5v5 save% is .935. That's 3rd behind Price and Rask. His 4v5 is pretty bad though. I'd attribute some of that to how dreadful Philly's D has been.
Yeah, I could see that. Do they even have one legit top 2 Dman? Ghost Bear is good, but he's offensive first, but maybe he can be that all around guy eventually.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Yeah, I could see that. Do they even have one legit top 2 Dman? Ghost Bear is good, but he's offensive first, but maybe he can be that all around guy eventually.

The Flyers were excited that Michael Del Zotto was healthy for tonight's game. That should tell you everything.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Yeah that money is better spent in Andrew MacDonald.

Luckily Hextall is a top 10 GM and has done a rather decent job getting free from the shit Holmgren saddled him with.
Yeah I wouldn't say Macdonald is even average, but Weber's contract is an albatross.

osick87

Community Liaison
Macdonald sucked when they dealt for him but people thought he was good because he blocked shots. It's the same thing with Kris Russell. Don't get me wrong blocking shots isn't bad but if it's the only thing people like about, you're stuck in your own end a lot.

I forget who said it but it's so true. "The worst thing to happen to defencemen is calling them defencemen"

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I would have went out today and bought a Ryan miller jersey if he had popped up, threw off the blocker and thrown the puck across the rink like a shortstop.