• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

nUtopia's broke

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Oh man, I've been on the hobo date schtick in the relationship threads for like 3 iterations of Utopia. You've missed a lot by avoiding those threads (probably not, really)! It is part of that 50% good life advice, 50% for my amusement life advice mix I like to give.

Another Friday Hobo Date story:
The first hobo data I took Thea on, we train hopped to get back home. She was obviously apprehensive about this, but I assured her I'd done it a thousand times and it was "safe". The train goes right through old town/campus, which is generally horrible, but convenient for train hopping because it slows way down for these crossings because of drunk kids. I'm talking like 3-5 mph slow, so it actually is relatively safe as far as something dumb goes... Anyway, for some reason the train didn't slow down as much as normal this time, so it was going a bit faster than i'd like when we reached our departure point. She was hesitant (like a smart person) about jumping off, but this was really the last opportunity otherwise you are going to Denver, so I jumped first and then had my buddy (not on a hobo date, just being a hobo) help her jump and I'd catch her. Well, her jeans got caught on a bolt on the side of the train as she jumped and they whole ass end of them ripped in half, because they were cheap old navy jeans that are super thin, lol.

So a few years later some girl from CSU was train hopping down to Longmont (always trogmont with these stories) and she tried to jump off and her Carhartts snagged on the train, but Carharts don't rip. Her momentum from jumping then caused her legs to flip under and they both got runover, double amputation and she barely made it. So Thea comes up to me with the Collegian Article and a sick look on her face. "NO MORE TRAIN HOPPING." Thank the lawd for the shitty quality of old navy jeans, right?

Thankfully we have Uber now, so we can just put that shit on Daddy's CC and nobody has to lose their legs in train hopping accidents. WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Eesh.

Before I was a respectable member of society, I was climbing over a coupler when the train brakes released. I fell off and landed pretty hard on the tracks. My friend yelled, I did a backwards summersault and watched the train slowly roll over where my legs would have been.

Mr. Tennessee

That Crazy Linux Guy
Utopia Moderator
Seems like I am reading what amounts to the Utopian version of fish stories in this thread. I feel like I should add randomness myself @Travis7401.

I will say life is better when you go on a crazy adventure together than going on one by yourself. I will also say that my going places and doing stuff portion of life increased tenfold after I stopped being a caretaker, got a decent jerb and found a woman to put up with me. Yeah you have to deal with another person and their differences, but you'd think you learned how to do that (or how did I forget kids look at their cell phones 100% time and never talk to people so they don't have to have verbal interaction with people nowadays?) in grade school but if you don't, you fall flat on your face and have to learn laugh at yourself the hard way. I was one of those people. Don't be what I was 10-15 years ago. Go do something with your life, make friends and enjoy it. However, as I reflect on hitting 30 last year, I am content with how my life is shaping up. I feel like most of the challenges I've faced when I was younger, have helped me to handle tougher challenges as I've gotten older. Losing Dad two years ago was one of the toughies, but faith, family and friends got me through that moment in time and I'm better for it.

Also, don't take a job working in a windowless cubicle 30+ hours a week. It withers away your soul and turns you into a robot. I am NOT robot.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
I think it would be quite something to know Tavaris in private life

silenceofthelambs3.jpg

Michael

What is the current state of funds for the site? I saw the PayPal donation notice from awhile back and was just curious as I am not seeing any recent news on the topic.

bump de bump bump
like a train, babby

So we just paid our hosting costs - $300 for the year. We have about $100 left in the nUtopia treasury. We don't need cash imminently, but we will need to start building :money: back up for next year. :thumbsup:

worst2first

Maybe we could have a charity auction. Members could donate an item and the rest of us could bid on it. I think something like a six pack of local beer or something unique to your area would be good items. It could also be personal services (keep it legal) for those that have useful skills. This might be more fun than just sending money through PayPal.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Maybe we could have a charity auction. Members could donate an item and the rest of us could bid on it. I think something like a six pack of local beer or something unique to your area would be good items. It could also be personal services (keep it legal) for those that have useful skills. This might be more fun than just sending money through PayPal.
The WBL owes Utopia about three grand for my services.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
i was wondering when it was gonna be time to donate again...i'ma give some coin

can we get that black theme tho? I finally found one thats easy on the eyes

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Am I just supposed to guess what this theme is and download it?