• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

International Soccer

Snorky's Shame

2026 FIFA World Cup Allocations:

Asia: 8 + 1 playoff
Africa: 9 + 1 playoff
North and Central America: 6 + 1 playoff
South America: 6 + 1 playoff
Oceania: 1 + 1 playoff
Europe: 16
Host confederation: 1 playoff

The inter-confederation playoffs will be structured like the NFL playoffs with the six team tournament to take place in the host country in November preceding the World Cup. Two teams will qualify from this tournament. Also looks like the Confederations Cup is gone.

Congrats to New Zealand for qualifying for the next 5 World Cups.

Snorky's Shame

I think it finishes:

1. Japan
2. Saudi Arabia
3. Australia

Wouldn't be shocked either if South Korea falls into the playoff spot. They host Iran and go to Uzbekistan in their last two games. I don't think Iran will play a weakened team because of the rivalry that exists between the two.

It's possible that Australia, South Korea and the United States could be playing for one spot.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Given the US and Australia's luck in WC draws, having to face each other to even get in would just be more of the same

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Given the US and Australia's luck in WC draws, having to face each other to even get in would just be more of the same

This is why we need a 48-team World Cup!!!!!

It's a crime that the US AND Australia have to qualify to get in!!!!!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
So video review is here, and honestly, I like it. Great reviews and decisions in the Confed cup so far.

NML

Is that the 16 year old? My god

When was the last time Canada got out of the group stage? 09?

I'm sure they'll go into the last game just needing a point against Honduras and will lose 4-0

Snorky's Shame

Two changes to the ACN:

1) Now a 24 team tournament
2) Tournament moves from January to June. Good luck playing the tournament in North Africa but at least European clubs won't lose their playing in the middle of the season anymore.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
c3CTFI.png

Snorky's Shame

Big weekend of qualifiers coming up:

Spain - Italy
Uruguay - Argentina
Saudi Arabia - Japan
South Korea - Iran
Japan - Australia
Uzbekistan - South Korea
United States - Costa Rica
Colombia - Brazil
Tunisia - DR Congo (home and home)
Nigeria - Cameroon (home and home)

A lot of nations going to qualify in the next few days.

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

Japan qualify for World Cup with a 2-0 win over Australia. Saudi Arabia and Australia tied for the 2nd automatic spot with Saudi Arabia +2 on goal difference.

Snorky's Shame

Does anyone want to qualify from Asia?

Saudi Arabia blew their chance on Tuesday, Uzbekistan lost to China and South Korea drew at home to Iran despite being a man up most of the second half. The final day in group A is nuts:

Iran - Qualified, have not allowed a goal in this round (9 games)
South Korea - 14, +1
Syria - 12, +1
Uzbekistan - 12, -1
China - 9, -3
Qatar - Qualified for 2022 World Cup

Schedule (all games at 11 ET on 9/5):

Uzbekistan - South Korea
Iran - Syria
Qatar - China

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm surprised they aren't good enough to make WCs consistently yet. Guess they will next time around with more slots and 4 more years of their domestic league being okayish

Snorky's Shame

I'd imagine China will consistently qualify from 2026 and beyond. Australia, Japan and Portugal became consistent qualifiers in the 32 team era.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Rooting for China to sneak in and grab 3rd place
Rooting for China over Syria?!?!

Disaster yesterday for Dutch to give up those two late goals. Actually a 1-0 loss at France would've been a good result and 2-0 OK with Sweden losing but those two extra goals in a 2nd place that might come down to GD is huge.

Snorky's Shame

I wonder how Iran plays this regarding their game vs. Syria. If it's straight up, Syria has no shot. If they experiment Syria would still need to win in Tehran and hope Uzbekistan win narrowly vs. South Korea. The Koreans are a mess right now I don't have any confidence in them getting points in Tashkent. I think Uzbekistan finally qualifies.

It be interesting how Japan plays their game with Saudi Arabia knowing that their opponents will know how many goals they need to win by since the Australia-Thailand game will not be played simultaneously.

It's imperative that the United States not finish fourth and have to face a trip to Seoul, Riyadh, Sydney or Tashkent.

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

Meanwhile in South America it's a mess between 2nd and 8th.

Colombia - 25, +3
Uruguay - 24, +9
Chile - 23, +2
Argentina - 23, +1
Peru - 21, 0
Paraguay - 21, -5
Ecuador - 20, +1

Uruguay should be okay since they're the only team that plays both Bolivia and Venezuela. Ecuador-Peru is a virtual elimination game on Tuesday.

Also pertinent to this is New Zealand 6-1 over the Solomon Islands in the first leg of the OFC playoff. Look on the bright side New Zealand, you'll be qualifying regularly from 2026 and beyond.

EDIT: Check out Bolivia's goal last night vs. Peru. Haven't seen a chip like that in a long time.

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

Doesn't look like the United States will be playing Ghana in a 4th straight World Cup. The Black Stars need a miracle to qualify at this point.

Nigeria looks like they could walk through the toughest group in African qualifying. They just beat Cameroon 4-0.

NML

Anyone watching the England/Slovenia game?

I'm always amazed how fucking ugly Hamsik is

And lol England

DanishDonut0

This might be the best I've seen Denmark play since '98. I like to think my presence in the capital and Lord Bendtner back on the bench are the the main reasons. Eriksen and Delaney (fellow American citizen) absolutely wrecking havoc. I'll spam highlights when there are some quality videos out there. Armenia's goal was also worth seeing.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
His haircut does him 0 favors

Snorky's Shame

Australia win but only 2-1. All Saudi Arabia need to do now is win and they qualify.

Australia, South Korea and the United States fighting for one spot is still a possibility.