• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

#cawlidgehawkey

osick87

Community Liaison
BU is going to be fucking stupid this year. I think they had 3 or 4 guys go in the first 2 rounds in this past draft.

giphy.gif

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
image.jpeg image.jpeg Breaking out the vintage Marty Turco jersey for Michigan at Dartmouth tomorrow.

Would have gone to Michigan at Vermont tonight too but the People's Republic of Burlington wanted $25/ticket. Fuck that.

Two adults and one child are going to UM at Dartmouth for $25 total.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Bulldogs up 3-0 on UND again tonight. Seen lots of Fighting Hawks(lol) fans here this weekend. I hope they enjoy heading back to the no man's land known as North Dakota with 2 losses

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I need to go back to a DU game. Last game I went to was during DU's spring break and the atmosphere suuuuucked. Granted, comparing most arenas to the mad house that's Yost is silly. But it was a top 10 matchup and there was barely anyone there.

Last edited:
It was a great game. Very tightly contested and very physical. Denver held on 4-3. I think the last 1:20 was played in Denver's defensive zone at 6-on-5...it was very intense.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This Harvard Air Force game is lit af

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
UMD-Denver for the national championship tomorrow night! Gonna hit the bars for the game with some friends. Whole city is gonna go crazy if they pull it off.

Also this would be 2 UMD national championships since UMTC's last one lol.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I remember the utter terror in national title games. Tournament hockey is insane.

Kinda hoping Michigan makes a run at Jim Montgomery though...

goblue96

I remember the utter terror in national title games. Tournament hockey is insane.

Kinda hoping Michigan makes a run at Jim Montgomery though...

I made the trip down to Cincinnati for 1996 NC where Morrison scored the OT winner. That was a great game

The Michigan job is Mel Pearson's to lose.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Honestly, he should have retired a couple of years ago. Or, at the very worst, last year.

That said, dude is a giant in hockey. Those Michigan teams from 1995-2008ish were incredible and so much fun to watch. It's a shame that he couldn't get another national title with those teams in the 2000s.

Really interesting to see what happens to Michigan hockey in the next couple of years. They should be decent to good, at least, assuming Mel Pearson will come, but I'd hope for better than that.

goblue96

Pearson should have them in the top half of the B1G next season (not saying much in what will be a seven-team league).

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I really hope they at least call the coaches at UMass-Lowell, Providence, and Denver before they default to Pearson. Pearson isn't a sure thing, although he's close to it. Those other 3 would be stone cold locks.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I mean, Michigan can easily double his salary, and he has no alumni connection or anything like that to Denver. I don't think it will happen, but I hope our AD at least puts feelers out instead of just defaulting to Pearson.

goblue96

John U. Bacon writes good shit. Never mentioned his six-goal game against the Flyers though.

goblue96

Not sure what to expect from Michigan this season.

They played an exhibition against Western Ontario last week. Western Ontario had three ten-minute misconduct penalties and a Match penalty. :scared:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Not sure what to expect from Michigan this season.

They played an exhibition against Western Ontario last week. Western Ontario had three ten-minute misconduct penalties and a Match penalty. :scared:

They'll be better than last year but probably miss the tournament. I'd expect them to be on the bubble. They don't have a ton of forward talent, although their defense corps will be good. The Big Ten is also going to be a tough conference for a change.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
UMD beats Minnesota 4-3 in OT. 8 wins in a row. Is Minnesota officially not the best team in the state anymore? They won't have beaten UMD in 4 whole years by the next time they play.

goblue96

2018 bracket is out:

1) St. Cloud State v Air Force
Minnesota State Screaming Eagles v Minnesota-Duluth

4) Ohio State v Princeton
Denver v Penn State

2) Notre Dame v Michigan Tech
Providence v Clarkson

3) Cornell v Boston University
Michigan v Northeastern

I'll be making the two-hour drive to Worcester to watch Michigan.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Lolz at the Gophers having a 98% chance to make the tourney and getting left out.

I got St Cloud winning it all. Would love for another UMD run but I don’t see it happening. Kato and St Cloud are just better teams this year.

goblue96

Lolz at the Gophers having a 98% chance to make the tourney and getting left out.

I got St Cloud winning it all. Would love for another UMD run but I don’t see it happening. Kato and St Cloud are just better teams this year.

According to who? Everything I read had the Gophers out because they lost the RPI tiebreaker to UMD.