• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MINSHEW

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Fournette will sprain his ankle in Week 2 and be out for the year.
erxcdjlfkleigcdylrvo.gif

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Ivory ran for 439 yards on 3.8 YPC last year. Certainly sounds like a feature back.

True, though, they do have Yeldon, who ran for 465 yards on 3.6 YPC. The Jags will obviously have the greatest rushing attack in NFL history.
You realize Fournette was drafted top 10 when hbs are considered a dime a dozen by the majority of GMs. That shows Fournette is quite special. He was a consensus top 10 talent. I think he is Bo Jackson level.

Soonerfan09

Y'all watching these fools play? Robinson has dropped like three passes so far, including a TD, Lewis has dropped some, another receiver dropped a sure TD (although he's an undrafted FA from a D2 school, but was playing with the starters...), Bortles has been running for his life and when he isn't and his receivers aren't dropping passes, it's because he's throwing at worms. Henne came in and threw two sure TDs, both dropped. Then the kicker misses a 40 yarder.
They've ran the ball 7 times for 1 yard.

NML

Y'all watching these fools play? Robinson has dropped like three passes so far, including a TD, Lewis has dropped some, another receiver dropped a sure TD (although he's an undrafted FA from a D2 school, but was playing with the starters...), Bortles has been running for his life and when he isn't and his receivers aren't dropping passes, it's because he's throwing at worms. Henne came in and threw two sure TDs, both dropped. Then the kicker misses a 40 yarder.
They've ran the ball 7 times for 1 yard.

Basing the Jags receivers off of a preseason game of a TE and a dude who's probably getting cut seems legit

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Fournette was drafted top 10...by the Jags.

Ramsey is their only good 1st rounder in the last decade, probably longer.

2007: Reggie Nelson - mediocre on the Jags, only good once they traded him away for some guy named David Jones
2008: Derrick Harvey - sucked, out of the league.
2009: Eugene Monroe - decent, retired
2010: Tyson Alualu - mediocre, not on the Jags anymore
2011: Blaine Gabbert - sucks, still in the league only because he's tall and white
2012: Justin Blackmon - sucked, out of the league
2013: Luke Joeckel - sucked, not on the Jags anymore
2014: Blake Bortles - sucks, only still in the league because the Jags are so terrible
2015: Dante Fowler - most notable thing he's done is tear his ACL on the first day of training camp
2016: Jalen Ramsey - good job, you got one!

All those guys were top 10 picks and the Jags got one good player, four guys who are on other teams either because they are terrible or because the Jags traded them away for chump change, three guys who are out of the league, and one of the worst QBs in the league. So yes, it appears as though because the Jags thought Fournette was worthy of a top 10 pick, that he's the next Bo Jackson.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
On the other hand, the WV to FL transition seems to be very successful given Bmack and NML. So the Jags just need to draft more guys from WVU and Marshall!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yea Fred Taylor and Maurice Pouncey are all I got. Compare to many more washouts, most recently Aguayo and soon to be Vernon Hargreaves.

Maybe Allen Hurns if people consider him good?

Soonerfan09

You said the receivers are awful, then gave the examples of Lewis (a TE) and a UDFA. And said Robinson has three drops (he has one).

Just don't say dumb things.
Read better.

Because their offensive line sucks. And their QB sucks. And so far, their receivers have sucked. And Fournette is overrated anyway.
I said their receivers have been bad so far. I never said they were awful. I know what kind of numbers they put up last year. And last time I checked, Lewis, their starting TE, is a receiver on most passing plays. Robinson might only have one drop on the stat sheet, but he has more. He dropped an easy pass that was negated by a defensive penalty. That UDFA had 108 yards receiving and a TD last week and has looked good on PR.

I gave my assessment of how they were playing this game. I may have overstepped by saying their offensive line sucks, although the jury is still out, but Bortles is trash and their receivers have been terrible tonight. I do expect their receivers to be much better, especially if Westbrook lives up to the hype, and Lee continues to improve, along with Robinson and Hurns. But none of that will matter if Bortles can't get them the ball.
Run blocking has been atrocious so far. Not sure if it's because they can't pass, the Bucs D-line is that good, or they just aren't gelling yet, but let's not act like the Jags deserve any respect anyway. They haven't won more than five games in a season since 2011. There is certainly a group of people on this team who aren't very good. If it's not who I'm saying, then you tell me who it is.

NML

When did I say anything about the Jags deserving respect? Or hype them at all?

They're a bad team. But their offensive line doesn't suck and their receivers don't suck. So I corrected you.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Fournette was drafted top 10...by the Jags.

Ramsey is their only good 1st rounder in the last decade, probably longer.

2007: Reggie Nelson - mediocre on the Jags, only good once they traded him away for some guy named David Jones
2008: Derrick Harvey - sucked, out of the league.
2009: Eugene Monroe - decent, retired
2010: Tyson Alualu - mediocre, not on the Jags anymore
2011: Blaine Gabbert - sucks, still in the league only because he's tall and white
2012: Justin Blackmon - sucked, out of the league
2013: Luke Joeckel - sucked, not on the Jags anymore
2014: Blake Bortles - sucks, only still in the league because the Jags are so terrible
2015: Dante Fowler - most notable thing he's done is tear his ACL on the first day of training camp
2016: Jalen Ramsey - good job, you got one!

All those guys were top 10 picks and the Jags got one good player, four guys who are on other teams either because they are terrible or because the Jags traded them away for chump change, three guys who are out of the league, and one of the worst QBs in the league. So yes, it appears as though because the Jags thought Fournette was worthy of a top 10 pick, that he's the next Bo Jackson.
Fowler is going to be gr8

GR8 2 B FL G8R

They're a bad team. But their offensive line doesn't suck and their receivers don't suck. So I corrected you.
I saying they are the best team in their terrible division

Is their line worse than the Texans, Colts, Titans?
I think it's a wash

Are their wrs worse? Definitely not

Their qb is decidedly worse.

Their HBs are deeper and have a much higher pedigree. Yeldon can be a monster and Fournette is going to prove me right, yet again. Ivory can wear down a defense.

But the Jags D is clearly better, and defense wins AFcee Souf shampships.

Soonerfan09

But you didn't correct me, because tonight, which is what I was talking about, their offensive line and receivers both sucked.

NML

But you didn't correct me, because tonight, which is what I was talking about, their offensive line and receivers both sucked.

lol okay dude. I don't care enough to argue about it, but that's not at all what you say

And if ur really making any sort of decisions based off of preseason games, you should kill yourself

Wolfman21

lol okay dude. I don't care enough to argue about it, but that's not at all what you say

And if ur really making any sort of decisions based off of preseason games, you should kill yourself

kill hisself over nfl football?

jesus man...

Soonerfan09

Lol, all you've done is argue against everything I've said. You having a bad night or something man? You wanna talk about it?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I saying they are the best team in their terrible division

Is their line worse than the Texans, Colts, Titans?
I think it's a wash

Are their wrs worse? Definitely not

Their qb is decidedly worse.

Their HBs are deeper and have a much higher pedigree. Yeldon can be a monster and Fournette is going to prove me right, yet again. Ivory can wear down a defense.

But the Jags D is clearly better, and defense wins AFcee Souf shampships.
The Titans aren't going to be as good as people have been hyping them to be, but they do have one of the best o lines in the NFL. Clearly the best in that division.