• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

bruin228's NCAA 14 Dynasty

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
All you gotta do is upset PSU again, no other worries

Yeah, just beat the fighting @whiteyc_77's and you'll be fine.

giphy.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
One win away from bowl eligibility at 5-2. We will almost certainly pick it up in our home game against IU, but this week, it's time to get wrecked by #5 Ohio State in Columbus.

Some huge rivalry games this year. Alabama and Tennessee are playing this week and they're both undefeated and #1 and #2 respectively. FSU is #3 and 6-0 and is #9 Miami's only loss. UF is 6-2 and #20 and is playing #19 UGA this week. GT is #10 and has one loss. Ohio State is unbeaten and #5 as I already mentioned and Michigan is 5-1 and #24. They choked away a chance for a 2006 redo by losing 48-41 to Maryland in Ann Arbor. Vandy is 6-1 and #21, so it'd be awesome if they could keep that up and UT-Vandy was some huge game at the end of the year. Oklahoma State is unbeaten and #7 and OU has one loss and is #15. FARMAGEDDON could be a top 15 matchup at the end of the year with KSU at #17 and Iowa State (!) unbeaten and at #4 in the country.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Got destroyed by OSU and the IU game was tougher than I thought...

But we are bowl eligible after a 49-42 win! Game was a ridiculous rollercoaster. I was up 24-7 with about a minute before halftime, annoyed that I wasn't up by more after a missed 40 yard FG and a fumble inside IU's 35, and then IU scores 21 unanswered to take the lead. Larry Roach had an insane 71 yard run to put me back up, but then IU scored 14 more unanswered and I was down 11 with like 4 minutes to play. Hit my star WR Melton for a 78 yard TD, converted the two point conversion, and my defense finally got a stop to allow me to run it in with Roach to take the lead 46-42 and put him over 250 yards. Three IU incompletions and a sack later and I added on a FG to close it out.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Pizza Pizza Bowl

giphy.gif

We win a 58-52 double OT thriller against Bowling Green in Detroit to finish the first season 8-5, a huge turnaround from the 3-9 year before. Things of note:

• Brandon Gandy set a school record with 32 TD passes in his first year. Pretty excited about him coming back.
  • Despite having a young backfield, we rushed for over 3,000 yards last year, with starting RB Larry Roach going over 1,500 and finishing as a Doak Walker Award finalist. Not only do we get all these guys back, Cedric Lewis, the transfer RB can finally play, which will be helpful as we shift to a more run-focused attack next season after losing our top four receivers. I should be okay at receiver though, because I bring a 85 OVR guy back and...
  • Our recruiting class turned out really well for the first year. We finished #32 and signed three 4*, including a QB to continue the rare competent QB play at Rutgers and two receivers. Two of those guys were from Delaware, which for some reason was prime recruiting territory this year. I also signed a gem 3* from there.
  • Georgia Tech won the title over a previously undefeated Stanford. Even though they won, they shouldn't have even been there as Tennessee and Ohio State both went 12-1, with Tennessee dropping 65 on Bama in the SEC title game, while GT had two losses.
  • Boston College is continuing its success as they finished with 9 wins as well a top 25 ranking and a top 15 recruiting class.
  • I'm honestly considering benching Gandy and starting the true freshman instead. The true freshman, Adams, is a significantly better passer and only a slightly worse rusher, which can easily be made up for by the talent at the RB position. I'm starting a ton of underclassman already, so if I start Adams, he'll be even more talented as a junior when this offense will be at its peak.
On to Season Two!

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I'm recruiting another 4* WR from there this year. Meanwhile, Connecticut is a graveyard. It'll be miserable to recruit there if I get the HC job. Then again, I did turn them into a power once before.

Schauwn

Brandon Gandy set a school record with 32 TD passes in his first year. Pretty excited about him coming back.

I'm honestly considering benching Gandy and starting the true freshman instead. The true freshman, Adams, is a significantly better passer and only a slightly worse rusher, which can easily be made up for by the talent at the RB position. I'm starting a ton of underclassman already, so if I start Adams, he'll be even more talented as a junior when this offense will be at its peak.

which is it? haha

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Are you running an Air Raid offense? or are you mixing it up with something different?

I'm running a spread; I have another dynasty where I run the Raid. I can post my playbook later, but it shifts around depending on personnel. I'm pass-first ideally, but I haven't really had the personnel to do so. I had everything but the QB last year, but then all four of my top receivers graduated. I'm pretty run heavy this year. I'm averaging 53 rushes to 16 passes thus far, with 66 rushes against Army last night. But ideally, I want to be in 10 or 11 personnel all the time with a lot of Empty as well and be able to throw for 4,000-5,000 yards. I'll still have a 1,000 yard rusher at RB, but I don't like to run my QB as much as I've had so far.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Early season update: 1-1 through the first two games, with a 48-26 loss to #2 Tennessee in Knoxville and a 37-7 home opener win over Army. Team is kind of an enigma right now, which is standard when you lose by 22 against a great team and then win by 30 against a mediocre one. The offense is doing fairly well considering we are starting eight underclassmen and playing a few others. We were held scoreless in the first half against Tennessee but responded well and actually outscored them 26-21 in the second half and we ran all over Army. We're averaging 275.5 rushing yards a game, so that'd be nice if that held pace, since the passing game will take an obvious step back this year. Despite that figure, we still need to run the ball better, because my top two rushers are only averaging 4.6 and 5.3 (down from 5.9 last year) YPC so far. I'm hoping the defense is more of what was seen against Army than Tennessee, though we didn't help by not moving the ball in the first half. They cost me a lot of games last season - they gave up 45 or more in 4 of the 5 losses last year and I scored 35, 34, and 35 in three of those games - so now I'm hoping they'll pay me back and keep me in some. They're more talented this year, but the DC was a hire from a 2-10 Hawaii team so who knows. I'm shooting for six wins this year. Army, Cuse, IU, Northwestern, and then find two wins in Iowa, PSU, MSU, Wisconsin.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
2/3 of the way through the season update:
  • We are a better than expected 5-3, thanks to beating worse than expected Michigan and Penn State. We are 3 points away from 6-2, a top 25 ranking, and 1st place in the Big Ten East thanks to a 59-57 triple overtime loss to undefeated Ohio State. Our three losses are to two top 3 teams and Big Ten West leader Iowa. Looking at the games left (@NW, MSU, @UMD, @UW), we have a good shot to top last season's win total, all in the process of a small rebuild.
  • Our defense is still trash. In the three games we've lost, they've given up 48, 51 (to Iowa!), and 59. In fairness, I own some of the blame for the Iowa game because I had three turnovers, but still. We were actually +1 in turnover margin against OSU and still lost.
  • Our offense is much better than expected. The freshman Adams has been solid in the passing game and we're averaging 300 rushing yards a game, with both Roach and Lewis projected to top 1,000 yards against Northwestern this week.
  • The future is rather bright for Rutgers football. We have a top 15 recruiting class right now and are projected to be a top 25 team and then a top 15 team in Championship Contenders over the next two years.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Corch Bruin is back from vacation and disinterest CROOTIN' to start his third season at Rutgers.

To recap the second season:

• We started 4-3 with two losses to top 10 teams (one of which was in triple OT) and then ripped off six straight to close the season with 10 wins and a second straight bowl win over a top 10 Auburn team in the Outback Bowl
  • We had probably the best rushing attack in the country and in Rutgers history as running backs Larry Roach and Cedric Lewis crossed 1,500 yards and QB Alex Adams threw in 566.
  • Our freshman receivers, Alex Bobo and Eddie Miller, really emerged at the end of the season and both finished the season averaging at least 17.7 YPC
  • Adams played well for a freshman starter, throwing for 2,665 yards and 22 TDs against 10 INTs and adding 566 and 8 TDs on the ground
  • Our defense was still a problem at times, giving up 48, 51, and 59 in the three losses, but were much improved from the year before.
To preview the third season:
  • This is a realistic BCS bowl contender and marginal title contender. We're rated 90 OVR, 91 OFF, and 90 DEF. We only have two losable games on the schedule (#6 Tennessee, @#1 OSU). I imagine this will turn out like the last season I had at Rutgers when I was an OC here - an incredibly good team that can't beat the elite team (OSU again), so we settle for the Rose Bowl or another BCS bowl instead of the conference and national title. There are some tricky games, such as Michigan, who was horrible last year but still more talented than us. PSU is as well, but I've owned them so far. We don't draw Iowa this year, so thankfully I don't have to watch the defense give up 50+ to a Kirk Ferentz team for the third straight year.
  • We return 9 starters on offense. We should easily be the best offense in the country. I think Bobo may be the best WR in the country at the end of the season.
  • Defense should be enough against every sans OSU. Very talented front four and corners. The linebackers and safeties are a little weak, but still solid.
  • Prediction: 12-1 (8-1)

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
6-0 and #3 in the country. Traveling to 6-0 and #1 in the country Ohio State.

Offense has been sluggish at times, especially in the run game. We brought back nearly everybody involved, so I'm confused why it's been so bad at times. Needed a last second touchdown to beat Illinois at home because of it. Hopefully, it picks up over the last half of the season; we'll definitely need it against OSU if we want a chance.

Recruiting has been going great. Top 10 class right now. That won't hold, but we'll settle around 15-20.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
13-0 and in the title game against SC

I'm not sure about our chances. SC beat a similarly talented UDub team by 24 and we lost Adams for the season against Maryland. Defense only gave up 167 yards and a TD (other TD was a pick six) against Minnesota in the B1G CCG.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
To preview the third season:
  • This is a realistic BCS bowl contender and marginal title contender. We're rated 90 OVR, 91 OFF, and 90 DEF. We only have two losable games on the schedule (#6 Tennessee, @#1 OSU). I imagine this will turn out like the last season I had at Rutgers when I was an OC here - an incredibly good team that can't beat the elite team (OSU again), so we settle for the Rose Bowl or another BCS bowl instead of the conference and national title. There are some tricky games, such as Michigan, who was horrible last year but still more talented than us. PSU is as well, but I've owned them so far. We don't draw Iowa this year, so thankfully I don't have to watch the defense give up 50+ to a Kirk Ferentz team for the third straight year.
  • We return 9 starters on offense. We should easily be the best offense in the country. I think Bobo may be the best WR in the country at the end of the season.
  • Defense should be enough against every sans OSU. Very talented front four and corners. The linebackers and safeties are a little weak, but still solid.
  • Prediction: 12-1 (8-1)

• Even better than expected, as we beat both Tennessee and Ohio State on last second scores and went 14-0 (10-0) with a B1G title and national title. Schedule did definitely end up being easier than anticipated, though. Tennessee finished 8-5, I think, and OSU went 8-5 as well, dropping their final 5 games of the season before winning their bowl.
  • We were indeed the best offense in the country, even though we couldn't run the ball for the first five or so games and lost QB Alex Adams for the final 3 3/4 games. Bobo finished the year with 94 receptions for 1457 yards and 14 TDs, including 322 yards and 2 TDs in the title games. God Bless Bobo.
  • Defense was much improved, especially at the end of the year. Held Minnesota to 7 and 167 yards as I mentioned before and held SC to 7 second half points to allow us to come back from a 24-7 halftime deficit.
Anyway, I think I'm going to look forward to another challenge now that I've taken Rutgers to the top. Not sure where to go though. I can either:
  • Stay at Rutgers. Don't love this idea, because I'm kind of tired of Rutgers, but it would be fun to keep playing with the guys I've recruited and attempt to keep Rutgers on top for another year.
  • Take another OC job. I was hoping either the UDub, Cal, or Oregon job would open up so I could get some experience on the West Coast, but the only stuff in the Pac-12 is Oregon State and ASU and both will be reloading. Top contenders are either Florida, who would be an immediate title contender, or MSU, which has some good pieces. The thing about Florida is that Calhoun is still their coach so there's no system fit there, but if UF hires someone non-flexbone anyway, I'll take it more seriously. I think Northwestern and TAMU are open, too.
  • Take the Arkansas State job. I got a ton of HC offers, but this is the only one I'm interested in. Could segue it into the Vandy or Mizzou job later, both of which I want. The reason I wanted West Coast experience, though, is because I want the Fresno State job, so this would prevent that. I also got offered the CMU job, and I like that opportunity okay, but eh, I don't know.