• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

bruin228's NCAA 14 Dynasty

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
The answer is always leave Rutgers for a better gig.

LEACH-F-U.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
That's what I did. Took the UF job. Kind of regret it, but what can you do. I should only be here for a year. We should be title contenders and it should be a lot of fun with UF, UGA, UT, UM, LSU, Bama, and FSU all there as well. Miami-Georgia-Florida is the current top 3.

We're 2-0 and #1 in the country already after a win over Nevada and a 34-31 OT win over previous #1 Miami in their place in what's probably the best game I've played in NCAA 14.

Rutgers started the season #8 and lost their opener to Wyoming 42-39, so they're back to their old ways already. The DC also left for the Maryland HC job, so whole new staff is in Piscataway outside of Drinkawitz. Chris Ash is still in Gainesville with a 99 rated defense at his disposal.

Florida Gators

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
We back. I did end up taking the UConn job, where I was for four years and won the title my fourth year. Moved to Vandy for a year and went 11-3, got annoyed at how easy it was so I went to Mizzou (who I moved to the Big Ten) where I've been for 2 1/2 years.

I'll probably continue that, but I'm gonna reboot for this. Gonna start over as a "QB corch" at MTSU. I was going to start at North Texas to corch alongside the GOAT Graham Harrell, but if I did that, it would remove him from the game. I'll be the OC, but I'm gonna treat it like I'm lower so the position I take after MTSU will be a low level OC jerb. My trajectory will be the one I normally do (G5 OC, low level P5 OC, higher level P5 OC, G5 HC, low level P5 HC, etc. or some minor variation of this). But I want to go places I haven't really been before so I'm gonna prioritize that. I also have some custom conferences going, so it's really more of a P6/G4 thing with the Big East back but whatever. Here are those:

2012 ACC

2012 SEC

UConn
Cuse
Rutgers
Pitt
WVU
Cincy
Louisville
Temple
UMass

North
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa
MSU
Michigan
Northwestern

South
IU
Purdue
Illinois
PSU
OSU
Nebraska

North

OU
Okie St
Missouri
KU
K-State
ISU

South
Texas
TAMU
TTU
Baylor
TCU
SMU

Current

Mountain
Boise
Idaho
Wyoming
CSU
Air Force
Nevada
USU

West
SJSU
SDSU
Fresno
UNLV
UNM
NMSU
UTEP

East
USF
UCF
FAU
FIU
ECU
ODU

West
Troy
USA
MTSU
WKU
Marshall
GSU

East
Memphis
USM
UAB
ULM
Tulane
LTU
ULL

West
Arkansas State
Tulsa
TSU
UTSA
UNT
Rice
Houston

Current

ND
Navy
Army
Hawaii
BYU

Here's a preliminary list I have of places I have in mind. I've put asterisk next to places I've been before but for not that long. Some of these I prefer for OC rather than HC, because I might like to try being there but won't want to be there that long.

SJSU
Idaho
Memphis
UNM
Arkansas State*
EMU
CMU
BGSU
Ohio
Miami (OH)
Boise
Wyoming*
Fresno*
ODU
USA
North Texas
Texas St
Tulsa
UTEP

Cincy*
Colorado*
ISU
K-State
KU*
TTU
Okie St
Iowa
MSU
IU
Illinois
Nebraska
Northwestern*
Wazzu
Oregon
Cal*
ASU
Utah*
Maryland*
UVA
VT*
WVU
Duke
UNC*
Wake
NCSU*
Vandy*
Tennessee
Kentucky
Arkansas
Mississippi State*
GT
SCar

Also, rather than running a balanced/pass first spread that I have to change around to fit personnel, I'm going to run the offense I'm most familiar with.

tenor.gif

I've been running air raid stuff since NCAA 12 but I've mostly abandoned it this game so it'll be nice to have a dynasty dedicated to it. Plus, I won't have to change offenses around which can cause me a lot of problems when I change teams and ruin my motivation.

Starting at Level 1 with slow progression (I meant to do very slow but fucked up). Sliders are the black set here: https://forums.operationsports.com/...643122-jarodd21s-ncaa-14-heisman-sliders.html

MTSU Blue Raiders

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I actually started playing again recently as well. I can only play smaller schools that have more than one uniform combo though lol I went ULL -> Cincy, I like Cincy because you can make a good fit for them in 4 different BCS conferences (ACC, AAC, SEC, B1G) so that may be a fun stretch goal for you if you're the type to make conference changes mid-dynasty.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I actually started playing again recently as well. I can only play smaller schools that have more than one uniform combo though lol I went ULL -> Cincy, I like Cincy because you can make a good fit for them in 4 different BCS conferences (ACC, AAC, SEC, B1G) so that may be a fun stretch goal for you if you're the type to make conference changes mid-dynasty.

Yeah, same lol. Trying to get better about that this dynasty since that's always limited my options. MTSU isn't super varied but they have a couple of pants options and a blackout set. Their helmets look really good in this game too.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Midseason update:

• We're at 4-2 (2-1) with losses on the road to Auburn and FAU.
  • We're 3-0 when we score 40+, 1-2 when we don't (USF managed to shit their pants enough for us to win with 28).
  • Speaking of USF shitting their pants, they entered the season as the only ranked C-USA team and conference favorites, but they're currently 3-3. WKU has filled their spot and is 6-0 and #16. Should be a great matchup at the end of the year if we can both maintain our current success.
  • Stockstill leads the country with 2343 passing yards. Has 19 TDs as well, but 8 INTs is a little too much halfway through the year.
  • The Stockstill-James connection is the best in the country, as James is second in the country with 698 receiving yards.
  • Top 10: OSU, UDub, OU, LSU, FSU, Michigan, Okie St, Clemson, Louisville, PSU. 12 unbeatens left (top 9 + WKU, Mizzou, and Pitt).
  • Justice Hill leads the Heisman race, with Derrius Guice and Tavien Feaster in 2nd and 3rd.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Haven't updated this in forever, but I did actually play some games lol. You can check out the stuff on the MTSU page. We went 12-2 and 11-3 in my two years there as "QB corch" and won the conference both years. Stockstill took the UT jerb after the first year, so Justin Fuente was my corch the second year. I left for Texas State for my "first" OC jerb. We got blown the fuck out by FSU in the first game.

Texas State Bobcats

Going to be altering the conferences a little bit in the offseason. Figuring out exactly what I want to do with the Big Ten is the sticky part right now, because it can affect the Big 12 and Big East.

Someone help me out with the Big Ten stuff. Which conference do you prefer? Cross division games are in order (so first team listed in each division play each other, etc.)

North

Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa
MSU
Michigan
Northwestern

South

Indiana
Purdue
Iowa
PSU
OSU
Illinois

East

MSU
Michigan
OSU
PSU
IU
Purdue

West

Wisconsin
Minnesota
Illinois
Nebraska
Iowa
Northwestern

MSU
Michigan
OSU
Northwestern
Illinois
IU
Purdue
Wisconsin
Minnesota

PSU to Big East, Nebraska to Big 12

East

MSU
Michigan
OSU
PSU
ND
Northwestern

West

Wisconsin
Minnesota
Iowa
Indiana
Purdue
Illinois

Don't really like this one because the divisions don't make geographic sense and that East division is an absolutely absurd murderer's row, but a logical North/South split doesn't work because it fucks up the MSU/ND and/or Michigan/ND rivalries...

I think I prefer the East/West one, because you get all the rivalries that the North/South gives you plus the Nebraska rivalries and the MSU-OSU game, but it does suffer from the same balance issues that that split does in real life and you lose the Wiscy-UM series, which I think is a FUN game (though it gets played a lot more frequently with only 12 conference teams).

The 10 team one is great too, but 10 team conferences tend to get funky in this game and the Big 12 gets awkward because it becomes:

North

Nebraska
ISU
KSU
KU
Mizzou
Okie St/OU

South

Okie St/OU
Texas
TCU
TTU
TAMU
Baylor

So the :oklahoma:teams get split up and then OU either has to pick between Okie St/Brasky or Okie St/Texas. Without Nebraska, I can add SMU to the South and the North division is just the old Big 8 minus Nebraska and CU.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The OG one with Penn State to the dumpster Big East is my pick

Big East/American/Whatever is actually pretty good in that scenario lol. In the old dynasty where I won the title with UConn and then moved to Mizzou, who's in the Big Ten, they have a few teams in the top 10. Tim Beck hasn't run the Huskies into the ground yet.

PSU
Pitt
WVU
Cincy
Louisville
Temple
UConn
Rutgers
Cuse
BC

isn't a bad conference, though PSU usually runs it