• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

NCAA Basketball And Clownzano Twitter Aggregation Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
i thnk it should be used in certain situations

And that's how it eased its way in the first place. "It will be only be used for x." Then, "well...we are going to use it for y and z too." Another season passes, "Replay will be used for x, y, z, and it will now be used for a, b, and c going forward."

It's an all or nothing proposition to me. And I'm in the nothing camp.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The worst is the lack of reviewing "judgment calls" in footbaw. Pass interference is explicitly defined. There isn't REALLY grey area, a missed call isn't the back judge allowing them to go at it, it's just a bad call.

But the geriatric refs want their jerb protected

goblue96

The BJ has targeting too. That's a massive gray area.

A friend of mine is D2 BJ and he's go-to person to text when there is an iffy targeting call.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
And that's how it eased its way in the first place. "It will be only be used for x." Then, "well...we are going to use it for y and z too." Another season passes, "Replay will be used for x, y, z, and it will now be used for a, b, and c going forward."

It's an all or nothing proposition to me. And I'm in the nothing camp.

hell, let the coaches have challenges just like in football and cap the time to review it. If you're reviewing it with 2 other officials and STILL got it wrong, then you sir are at fault.

Imagine how i feel with NO fucking replay and having to live with shit that i've possibly gotten wrong

the game is faster than it has ever been and players are constantly trying to gain small subtle advantages over their opponents

like take the ever so brush on the elbow after a shot has been released. If you are good, you can do it to where people barely notice it, but i've been trained by my mentor to look for it especially if someone has a clear shot at the goal, and the shot looks off.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
So did UNC get away with all the academic fraud? What the fuck is going on with that? How come nobody gives a fuck when they play dirty? Why do I have to live through this again?

CJ_24

I watched the Phi Slamma Jamma 30 for 30 last evening. In 1982, who would have thought that the person to become the most successful/famous out of that group would be the student tv broadcaster.

goblue96

I watched the Phi Slamma Jamma 30 for 30 last evening. In 1982, who would have thought that the person to become the most successful/famous out of that group would be the student tv broadcaster with the punchable face.

Fixed.

CJ_24

What about Akeem the Dream or the Clyde the Glide?

Nah, Nantz is far more successful than those two. Nantz has been the voice of CBS sports for something like 20 years. He has called numerous Super Bowls, NCAA title games, golf majors, etc. That is far more successful than Hakeem's two titles.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Nah, Nantz is far more successful than those two. Nantz has been the voice of CBS sports for something like 20 years. He has called numerous Super Bowls, NCAA title games, golf majors, etc. That is far more successful than Hakeem's two titles.

Defends if success is measured pre or post alimony

Craig7835

Well the Kansas Jayhawks got the Lawson brothers from Memphis. Somebody needs to remind Bill Self that 2 brothers don't make a championship. Just look at the Markiff & Maurice Morris

goblue96

He shook his "just let the players play" rep he had Michigan by turning SDSU completely around. They were pure garbage when he arrived.

Craig7835

Thad Matta fired. Interesting timing.
ESPN had an interesting article about that this morning. Gene Smith didn't even take up for his "friend" during this press conference. From what I've read, it was issues about recruiting with Smith stating that "recruiting is the bloodline of OSU" Also he held the 17-15 finish against him as well. Matta's health issues are public with him suffering from back & foot issues. Plus he's turning 50 & Thad looking like he pushing 60.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...s-how-parted-ways-basketball-coach-thad-matta

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Looks like Creighton's shitty coach is the front runner. Sucks when Urban Meyer doesn't fall in your lap.

Creighton's shitty coach just turned them down. Great move OSU. Maybe Urbz will come coach hoops when he gets DA GERD again.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Just going to leave this suggestion here:

YQInBaw.png

Skeeter

Uber felon
Creighton's shitty coach just turned them down. Great move OSU. Maybe Urbz will come coach hoops when he gets DA GERD again.
Looks like Creighton's shitty coach was told no thanks we have a better coach in mind. Holtmann not what I'd consider a home run, but not terrible considering the circumstances. Better than some of the other names tossed around. Cronin, smart, Creighton's shitty coach.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
So they called up Creighton's corch and asked him if he was interested and then told him to kick rocks?

Skeeter

Uber felon
So they called up Creighton's corch and asked him if he was interested and then told him to kick rocks?
Does it seem more likely they were turned down by shitty coach and then immediately hired a better coach or that they gauged interest from coaches and offered the better coach and told the shitty coach thanks but you weren't selected? Isn't that how job offers work?

I think #fakenews prematurely ran with the story of McDermott having an offer when that may have not been the case.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Does it seem more likely they were turned down by shitty coach and then immediately hired a better coach or that they gauged interest from coaches and offered the better coach and told the shitty coach thanks but you weren't selected? Isn't that how job offers work?

I think #fakenews prematurely ran with the story of McDermott having an offer when that may have not been the case.

I've always assumed they offer the best guy first and then move down the list, but I have no idea

Skeeter

Uber felon
I've always assumed they offer the best guy first and then move down the list, but I have no idea
I assume that too, so the question is when do these offers happen vs when do we as the public hear about it. How in tuned is #fakemedia.

goblue96

Like Nike isn't doing the exact same thing. All of college basketball is full of stuff like this. Just FBI not the NCAA is doing the digging and they got the time and resources to uncover everything.