• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

124th Annual Winter Meetings in LAS VEGAS, NEVADA!!

Realignment

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NML

Comparing the Liu deal (a MLB FA... the best contract situation to be in sports) to an NFL Rookie (the worst contract situation in sports).

Got it.

NFL rookies are far and away the best position compared to every other rookie. Compare the NBA rookie scale and MLB signing bonuses to the fact that NFL players make $50m without taking a snap (nor do they ever need to!)

kingssc

Didn't the NFL change their rookie scale? I thought Bradford was the last one to get that $50M number. I think Goff's signing bonus was somewhere under $20M last year

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
NFL rookies are far and away the best position compared to every other rookie. Compare the NBA rookie scale and MLB signing bonuses to the fact that NFL players make $50m without taking a snap (nor do they ever need to!)
That stopped happening many years ago.

Most NFL guys get very little guaranteed compared to NBA which is two years fully guaranteed plus 3rd/4th year TO (which if they aren't taken become UFA).

doh

Who cares about cash paid in the first year of the deal? In the NFL signing bonuses are spread out throughout the length of the contract in terms of cap hit. We are playing essentially with a hard cap in this game since we can't go over the cap our owner gives us (unless it's adding minimum players).

Most MLB players who get signing bonuses have them paid out before each year by a certain date too.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
My point in all this is lets not take things to extremes. More than double seems excessive to me. Maybe people don't agree. Anyway, I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. That's the last I'll say on this.

NML

My point in all this is lets not take things to extremes. More than double seems excessive to me. Maybe people don't agree. Anyway, I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. That's the last I'll say on this.

Okay dad

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
463.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Travis7401 dont you think the Liu contract makes sense for both parties?

Sure, that doesn't mean it isn't cheesy/exploitative line stepping that might bother others in the league. In an online game there are more than just "both parties" to consider. You aren't wooly, but that's getting close to something Wooly would do.

I personally set my own de-escalations to be much more gradual, but you do you. Just don't get sad if/when others mock you.

doh

Barry Church got 4 years, $26m with a $12m signing bonus. So $17m this year, $16m the next three combined
Cash wise? Yes. Cap hit wise? No. That's now how the NFL works.

Our league is based off cap when it comes to salary.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I never repped Aisling, just moved to Koa Hua (?) or whatever when you were there. I stuck Imperial when I pledged but went ALD.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
We've been defending Aisling space because the dirty fed pigs have been attacking her lately. I'm in Cubeo, I'll have to see if there's any action in ye ol Nutopian home system

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I know it’s not what you asked but I’m on the sim before last night’s if something is borked
That should be the right one. I may have the date wrong.

I’ll let you know, but I forgot to fix the schedule before spring training.