• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 Coaching Hot Seat/Carousel

Lightningwar

Administrator
What the hell? He absolutely owes his job to Quentin Flowers and Justin Herbert, and they're being called a handicap here? They are both great college QBs. He would have been fired at USF without Flowers, and without Herbert this year they were absolutely miserable on offense. His NFL offense at USF was a complete failure.

What are you talking about? I am discussing Fisher running a pro-style offense at the college level with QBs that were in the system less than a year from 2015-2017. The result was horrible horrible boring offense. Eeking out wins against teams FSU should beat by 40. And what a difference Taggarts offense will look like with our athletes.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
People think someone who is 47-50 is a good hire at FSU? :laughing:

Justin Wilcox wouldn't be bad hire at Oregon actually. Would put together a good staff and knows Oregon. @Brick

Brick

I kind of forgot about Wilcox since he was a first-year head coach. Yeah, I wouldn't mind that either.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
L0Qv5.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Couldn’t disagree more with the bolded - at least when they were in the Sun Belt. No one wants to play in the Sun Belt.

FIU had never had a winning season before him in their history, and he had two.
FIU had never had a winning season because they'd never had a team.

Tedford only Cal's best 2 years since their last Rose Bowl (1959) and just took a team that won 2 total FBS games the last 2 years to win 9 games. No other coaches have had success at Cal. He's a very good coach. Cristobal had a 27-47 record in the Sun Belt.

Again if you think Cristobal is a better option than Tedford, you just don't care about winning football games and just care about CROOTIN' SOUTH FLAWDA

Brick

When is the last time a struggling major program hired a DC as head coach and achieved a turnaround? I'll wait.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
How many of those guys get chances? Every hire seems to be an offensive coach. Bob Stoops is probably the last one to truly turnaround a program. Mark Dantonio didn't directly go to MSU from OSU, but he turned around MSU. Pat Fitzgerald was a defensive coach, but not a DC. He's done great at Northwestern.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah, OU was at a historical low when STOOPS took over. John Blake could CROOT but he was one of the worst gameday corches ever. Stoops brought in some key JuCo players and freshmen along with a great staff who helped turn things around so quickly. He definitely had his faults but he kept the program relevant throughout his tenure and stepped down for a young assistant with a bright future, leaving on a high note rather than running things into the ground, which is admirable. Riley has obviously done well in his first year, but he was well set up for success. We'll see how he does without BAKER.

volniac

I down with it honestly. His success is going to depend on who he hires on his offensive staff, but thank fuck the days of having a swiss cheese defense are over.

Yeah, I don't like the fact that he's not a proven head coach, but the guy has worked under arguably the best head coach ever, has had his hands in two national championships at Bama, and another at Florida State. At 43 years old, the guy has a hell of a resume, is a top level recruiter, and you won't find a coordinator in the country that knows how win at the national championship level better than this guy. He checks every box you want besides HC experience, and that was going to happen sooner than later.

I'm more excited about this right now than I ever was about Dooley and Jones. And you know what? If it doesn't work out three years down the road, we've not lost anything but time. We just had our worst season in school history. Harder to go lower than rock bottom.

nowitsourtime

Oh no, we're going to hire TWITTER CORCH because them Ovement is getting involved. Are you fucking kidding me? Coach Arroyo retweeted this.

He's definitely raped

and his name is Tyler

@sayo @GatorTD

and of course @nowitsourtime

Saw the tweet was from Chandler so had to peek at the profile. Dude goes to Hamilton High, the school whose football team is in the midst of a sexual assault scandal.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
So the long shit show in Knoxville has finally come to an end. I have to say, I think the Twitter uprising was worth it. I don't know how successful Pruitt will be, but I think he has a hiring ceiling than Schiano. I am also much more comfortable with Paw Paw Phil running the AD as opposed to Currie.

I am very curious to see who Pruitt brings with him. That will be the key. If he just hires all his buddies fuuuuuuuuu. Get a good OC please.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I'm ok with trogball to a certain extent. That is what wins in the SEC like it or not. The three best teams all have great defenses.

R2D2

Per @DJMeisner13 on Twitter:

In 2004, all of these people were employed by LSU:

HC: Nick Saban
OC: Jimbo Fisher
DBs: Kirby Smart
DC: Will Muschamp
Senior Associate AD: Dan Radakovich (now Clemson AD)
Director of External Affairs: Scott Woodward (now A&M AD)
Chancellor: Mark Emmert (current NCAA president)

It's all a conspiracy.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Sounds like Clay Helton's brother is being hired for OC. I have no clue who he is, but whatever.