• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2072 Season Thread

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
dead2.gif

R.I.P. WBL; ‘‘twas a good run

Wolfman21

Last in walks at 58 may be the culprit.

Tuts are 5 HR back of Kabul, yet ranked 7th.

3rd in OBP...doesn't matter how you get on base. Pretty much just not gettin lucky...which makes sense. It'll rubber band and we'll be back in the thick of things by August.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Who needs runs?

[xtable=cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|291x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=colspan:2}BATTING STATS & RANKINGS{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Batting Average{/td}
{td}.255 - 7th in TL{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}On-Base Percentage{/td}
{td}.315 - 6th in TL{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Slugging Percentage{/td}
{td}.398 - 7th in TL{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}On-Base + Slugging{/td}
{td}.713 - 7th in TL{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Runs Scored{/td}
{td}118 - tied for 6th in TL{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Hits{/td}
{td}254 - 8th in TL{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Extra-Base Hits{/td}
{td}81 - 7th in TL{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Home Runs{/td}
{td}26 - tied for 5th in TL{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Bases On Balls{/td}
{td}77 - 4th in TL{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Strikeouts{/td}
{td}193 - 5th in TL{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Stolen Bases{/td}
{td}41 - 3rd in TL{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Wolfman21

I think i realized what the problem was. A full postseason/offseason full of bukkake raids in Moscow has these guys satisfied and not fighting for more.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Is there going to be a random daytime sim? My desktop froze and ruined my save, so I have to set up the league again.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I've got two days off in a row this week... anyone seen that before?

Soonerfan09

When is the proper time to bring up a rookie that you expect to play for the foreseeable future? I know I'm supposed to wait, but how long? And is that to get another year before the player reaches arbitration?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If you want to get him an extra year usually after the first 3 weeks of the season is good. If you want to avoid Super Two status (4 arb years vs. 3) then it's some time in late June or so. That's assuming he's at zero service time. If he's already been up in September then add a month to each of those

Soonerfan09

If you want to get him an extra year usually after the first 3 weeks of the season is good. If you want to avoid Super Two status (4 arb years vs. 3) then it's some time in late June or so. That's assuming he's at zero service time. If he's already been up in September then add a month to each of those
How much service time does a player need to reach before he hits arbitration?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
after 3 years, but the top 50%(?) guys with 2 years of service time also get arb, which is why they are Super Twos. Usually those guys will have like 2 years, and 100 days, but it fluctuates

doh

Super 2 in the Majors (so I assume it's the same in this set up) is top 22% of service time amongst players who have more than 2 years and less than 3 years.

I do think "Kris Bryanting" guys and bringing them up a month into the year to get another year out of them before FA is worth it.

But on the other hand, IMO there is a learning curve for players in the game so if you want them up to speed, bringing them up earlier is better. I'd bring him up now if you think he's ready. Getting him as fast as he can to his potential means you'll hope to have a better player by playoff time and IMO is worth it to pay that extra in his Super 2 year.

Another factor I always try to think of is how much are they playing. I think if there isn't a need at that position and he might be playing 50% of games sometimes it's better to let them develop more defensively by playing them every day in AAA. It's case by case with age, experience, etc. but something else to consider.

Wolfman21

Depends on age/readiness for me. If a guy is 23/24 and almost but not quite ready, i usually will go ahead and bring him up. You will have him under control into his age 30 season at that point which is a safe bet when you start to see a decline in play (obviously there are variations...some last longer, some die earlier)

If a guy is 21 and not quite ready, i just leave him in AAA to develop more.

Also, i make sure to get my young, good prospects a good amount of PT in spring training as soon as their ratings look like they could halfway hold their own. Some good development in getting 20 year old AA players swings against WBL pitching with 0 cost

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think players develop faster during spring training as well.

I probably rush my better players, but I don't think it's really hurt them. I'm talking about for sure starters or better though. In my starting lineup:

RF Gallegos - 20
1B Cuellar - 22 (half a season in the minors)
3B Unas - 20
DH Ulrik - 21 (straight to WBL)
LF Kihlstrom - 22 (one year of minors)
CF Lu - 21
SS Lopez - 20

I think I am a little more careful with pitchers.

doh

I think players develop faster during spring training as well.
Leraning a new position/improving defensively I've found guys improve exponentially compared to regular season. I'm guessing the developers think IRL players do it and theoretically you'd have extra time to work on your position as well.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Do you guys send players back to AAA? If I think they are starter quality I have trouble doing it.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Occasionally. Especially if I have a second position I want them to learn or they get replaced by someone else. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't do anything

Soonerfan09

If he’s going to be around for a while, I’d keep him up. If he’s a fringe guy, I’m sending him down assuming I have someone decent to replace him with.

Wolfman21

Yeah. For example http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com//game/lgreports/players/player_4082.html

Nice sept last year. Struggling this year so far.

Yup, Julian perez is doing the same for me. He had almost 3 war and 19 homers in 67 games last year and hes not even positive war through 37 this season. I believe in the "sophomore slump" and think he will eventually snap out of it either later this season or next. I do not send them down until theyve had multiple seasons of suckitude

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
A full 162 game sample size is usually enough +- 10 games so their stats will vary no matter what. Doubly so if they saw rating changes in the offseason

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Ok that’s pretty much what I do. I assume Lopez will be a solid starter, so I’m not expecting crazy numbers.