• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MINSHEW

bruin

Good luck AFC West for the next decade.

08285FEA-1877-4B9B-85E0-6A4CA034E519.gif

Wild to think Mahomes left at least 14 points on the board in the first half. Good job NE beating a Chiefs team with no Berry, Houston, etc.

Can’t ask for much more. Future of the league is KC. It’s Mahomes.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
He put a bid back in April and a committee approved it during the summer. Figured it was a DONE DEAL after that

I can see the NFL trying everything they can to push Jacksonville to London. The money making potential of a franchise being in London over Jacksonville is fucking huge. You just in denial. They'll work out a way of making the Jags cough up if there's any disparity, and they'll work out a way of pushing it through if there's opposition.

However, what's also a real possibility is they put more and more games on in London and not move a team, however this doesn't explain why Khan has bought Wembley. Far too big a stadium for Fulham, and the NFL is already spreading the games around, so he's not got a monopoly on that. The only strategic move I can think of is that he thinks there's a real possibility of the Jags in London, and that they can still put other NFL games on around them.

Last edited:

NML

I can see the NFL trying everything they can to push Jacksonville to London. The money making potential of a franchise being in London over Jacksonville is fucking huge. You just in denial. They'll work out a way of making the Jags cough up if there's any disparity, and they'll work out a way of pushing it through if there's opposition.

However, what's also a real possibility is they put more and more games on in London and not move a team, however this doesn't explain why Khan has bought Wembley. Far too big a stadium for Fulham, and the NFL is already spreading the games around, so he's not got a monopoly on that. The only strategic move I can think of is that he thinks there's a real possibility of the Jags in London, and that they can still put other NFL games on around them.

I think I would have to care to be in denial. I don’t go to games anyways, so whether they are the Jacksonville Jaguars or the London Sillynannies, it doesn’t affect me.

I just don’t see how they could possibly get approval from owners to have a full time team there. That would be a massive disadvantage for 1) that team and 2) the teams in their conference. It also monopolizes that market for one team. The league itself will see just as much money (if not more) if they just have seventeen games there between different teams.

There’s a million reason he could be buying Wembley. Fulham probably plays 6-10 matches a year that would sell out. If they could stabilize themselves a bit, Khan will invest enough to put them in contention for European spots which would obviously sell out. Maybe he’ll get the rights to all the NFL games? I don’t know enough to really comment outside of that, but I’m sure there’s concerts, national team games, etc. Isn’t it basically the premier venue in Ingerland?

I heard for a decade how the Jaguars were just about to move to LA, or Vegas, or St Louis. It never happened. Khan has done so much to this stadium, I don’t see how he would possibly sell it because no one is going to want to move a team to Jacksonville. He just built an entire concert venue that attaches to the stadium.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I think I would have to care to be in denial. I don’t go to games anyways, so whether they are the Jacksonville Jaguars or the London Sillynannies, it doesn’t affect me.

I just don’t see how they could possibly get approval from owners to have a full time team there. That would be a massive disadvantage for 1) that team and 2) the teams in their conference. It also monopolizes that market for one team. The league itself will see just as much money (if not more) if they just have seventeen games there between different teams.

There’s a million reason he could be buying Wembley. Fulham probably plays 6-10 matches a year that would sell out. If they could stabilize themselves a bit, Khan will invest enough to put them in contention for European spots which would obviously sell out. Maybe he’ll get the rights to all the NFL games? I don’t know enough to really comment outside of that, but I’m sure there’s concerts, national team games, etc. Isn’t it basically the premier venue in Ingerland?

I heard for a decade how the Jaguars were just about to move to LA, or Vegas, or St Louis. It never happened. Khan has done so much to this stadium, I don’t see how he would possibly sell it because no one is going to want to move a team to Jacksonville. He just built an entire concert venue that attaches to the stadium.

Pls UK Kings or London London Bridges

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member

This is the thing... Jaguars aside, this is the thing I can't work out. London is absolutely full of venues and sports stadiums, some of which don't even have a full time occupant, so he's really up shit creak if that's his plan. Maybe he's hoping for it to be a full time NFL hub for 8 games a year, but Tottenham and Twickenham have both signed deals to have NFL games, and I think it makes more sense to spread it out.

Other theory is that he just makes money by owning the national stadium, but then I wouldn't see why we wouldn't just spread soccer out even more over the rest of London/England, as that seems to be the trend at the moment.

Or maybe he just stupid....

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
DSFc.gif

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Too bad their backups are so lol worthy.

Barkley is awesome, but as erryone told them when they drafted him, you can't win in this league with a good rb and no qb.

Sure you can.

We just watched the conference championship games feature Case Keenum, Blake Bortles, and Nick Foles as starters last season. If you've got an offensive corch who understands the game and an above average offensive line, you can win in this league with no QB.

The problem is that there's only about a half dozen good offensive lines, and about that many corches who are good offensive minds.

A team could absolutely win with a cheap Eli Manning as their QB. A team absolutely cannot win with a $22MM cap hit Eli Manning as their QB.

-YTC

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Eagles wouldn't have won the SB with Foles all year because they would have been on the road and in the Wildcard game best case scenario. He got hot for 3 games and is barely serviceable in reality.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Sure you can.

We just watched the conference championship games feature Case Keenum, Blake Bortles, and Nick Foles as starters last season. If you've got an offensive corch who understands the game and an above average offensive line, you can win in this league with no QB.

The problem is that there's only about a half dozen good offensive lines, and about that many corches who are good offensive minds.

A team could absolutely win with a cheap Eli Manning as their QB. A team absolutely cannot win with a $22MM cap hit Eli Manning as their QB.

-YTC

Putting bottles in that group doesn’t strengthen ur argument, chermano.

Reactions: NML

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Keenum threw for 3,500 yards and had a better than 3:1 TD:INT last year

The Eagles were the best team in the NFC because of Wentz

The Superb Owl was an offensive showdown that no team with a putrid QB would have a chance in

The only real outlier there is Jacksonville and the Giants don’t have their caliber of defense. Even that’s an iffy model when you’re giving up 40 to the Cowboys

Whitey just trying to convince hisself that the Bills won’t be horrendous for a decade with ARM TALENT

I guess I agree with the overall point that 90% of NASHNUL corches are utter trogs. Eli sucks, doe, no one could make 38 or whatever Eli look good. The Giants would win some games with Kaep and a good corch

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Your qb has to play well to win in this league. He doesn't have to be Rodgers or Brady, but he has to play well for your team to win. Rb doesn't have to play well to win. Sure it helps, every little bit does, but a team can overcome a bad performance by a RB so much easier than a qb. Bortles played well and Foles played well. If your RB doesn't play well, you can still win easily. If your QB plays like ass, you prolly ain't gonna win. Especially against a good team.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Bruin228 is basically Travis with soccer. Everyone else is wrong and he’s figured it out because of video games
This is a large portion of sports fans period. Specifically as it pertains to offense. The proliferation of college spread offenses definitely plays a part, I think.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Keenum threw for 3,500 yards and had a better than 3:1 TD:INT last year

The Eagles were the best team in the NFC because of Wentz

The Superb Owl was an offensive showdown that no team with a putrid QB would have a chance in

The only real outlier there is Jacksonville and the Giants don’t have their caliber of defense. Even that’s an iffy model when you’re giving up 40 to the Cowboys

Whitey just trying to convince hisself that the Bills won’t be horrendous for a decade with ARM TALENT

I guess I agree with the overall point that 90% of NASHNUL corches are utter trogs. Eli sucks, doe, no one could make 38 or whatever Eli look good. The Giants would win some games with Kaep and a good corch

1. The Eagles were the best team in the NFC because of Pederson and an exceptional OL.

2. The Superb Owl was won by a putrid QB who had an all timer of a performance. Everything about Foles, from the performance pre-SB to post-SB tells us that.

3. I renounced my Bills fanship once they traded up for mong QB1. Of course they will be horrendous for the next decade plus, because he cant even be a mediocre QB.

4. 38 year old Eli wouldn't have to look good if he was making $8MM per year, and the Giants could invest that other $14MM on OL and defense.

There's a reason why teams don't win with $20MM+ QBs. Even the GOAT Rodgers hasn't won anything since joining that club. The highest cap hit QB to win the Superb Owl is Manning in his final year. And his 9-17 TD/INT ratio sure as hell wasn't the reason they won.

-YTC

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I mean, Rodgers’ salary isn’t why he hasn’t won recently, but we’re not allowed to point out poor corching anymore, so...

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
What a bunch of shit. I love watching Rodgers and all but that call was horse shit. He doesn't need help, refs.

CJ_24

I think it's just a statement. Rodgers is great, and I think he often looks even better because the rest of his team is always so bad that he has to pull-off miracles. Marino was great, and iirc, he engineered a lot of comebacks because his team often put him in a spot where he had to.

Off the top of my head, I think the two are comparable based on their talent, style of play, and team situation.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I always thought Marino was more of a big, hard to take down kind of guy, a bit more like Ben Roethlisburger, but more accurate.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I always thought Marino was more of a big, hard to take down kind of guy, a bit more like Ben Roethlisburger, but more accurate.

In terms of physical size - yeah, Marino was a big dude. Not quite as big as Big Ben, but his passing ability (accuracy and power) were unparalleled. John Elway probably had a slightly stronger arm, and Montana was uncannily accurate, but in terms of doing both, and doing it with a lightning-fast release, no one had that combo. I can't honestly think of a player currently with similar-type physical abilities.

He also had very average players around him most of his career. Nobody thinks of Mark Clayton and Mark Duper when they think of "greatest receivers of all time." His defenses were very pedestrian. So it's actually amazing how many games he managed to win.