• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

SMALL BALLERS GON LOOK Corches Hot Seat Thread 2019

Craig7835

So USC is after Todd Orlando for the defensive coordinator position & they extended Graham Harrell contract to keep him

Renegade

Charge on!
So USC is after Todd Orlando for the defensive coordinator position & they extended Graham Harrell contract to keep him

Not quite Joe Brady + Dave Aranda, but it might be enough to prop Helton up. Of course, why does USC want to save Helton? Is Orlando coming in so Harrell has his DC already in place next year?

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Orlando? Lol

@Orlando

Yeah - not real thrilled with the hire, as statistically speaking, Tejas' defense was worse than USC's this past year. However, Clancy Pendergast was basically retired in place - he steadfastly refused to recruit, which is currently one of the weakest areas of the program (I mean, besides Head Corch) at the moment.

But - OTOH, this will get our offense on the field plenty more times!

Craig7835

Word down in Baton Rogue is that a familiar face may be returning for the defensive coordinator position...Bo Pelini

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
images

Renegade

Charge on!
@Orlando

Yeah - not real thrilled with the hire, as statistically speaking, Tejas' defense was worse than USC's this past year. However, Clancy Pendergast was basically retired in place - he steadfastly refused to recruit, which is currently one of the weakest areas of the program (I mean, besides Head Corch) at the moment.

But - OTOH, this will get our offense on the field plenty more times!

I've seen the guy put up great defenses and piss poor ones. He's hit or miss.

bruin

Harrell likely didn’t take a OC/HC job anywhere because he knows if Helton gets canned he could be the man.

UCLA’s DL coach left for BC.

Brick

has there been a BOOMER press conference/horrible TWATTER take about how fleck/mcvay/kliff/rhule are TAKIN ER JERBS yet? if not, am shocked.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Harrell likely didn’t take a OC/HC job anywhere because he knows if Helton gets canned he could be the man.

UCLA’s DL coach left for BC.

Could be. Although I get the feeling that Harrell, as HC, would be just another in the same mold as Kiffin and Sarkisian. Another former QB who will focus almost exclusively on QB and WR play, and put out soft-ass defenses, O-lines, and soft play in general.

Helton wasn't canned because

1) 8-5 is not horrible, even though it is disappointing
2) His players aren't getting arrested left and right
3) His players aren't raping anyone (certainly not on the football field)
4) Helton has a ridiculous contract with a huge buyout.

I get the feeling that unless USC has a below .500 year, and gets blown out multiple times, Helton will still be around in 2021.

bruin

Could be. Although I get the feeling that Harrell, as HC, would be just another in the same mold as Kiffin and Sarkisian. Another former QB who will focus almost exclusively on QB and WR play, and put out soft-ass defenses, O-lines, and soft play in general.

Helton wasn't canned because

1) 8-5 is not horrible, even though it is disappointing
2) His players aren't getting arrested left and right
3) His players aren't raping anyone (certainly not on the football field)
4) Helton has a ridiculous contract with a huge buyout.

I get the feeling that unless USC has a below .500 year, and gets blown out multiple times, Helton will still be around in 2021.

I get it. Just think SC is going to waste the entire 2020 just like UCLA did with Alford in 2018. Dead man walking.
45k at the Coliseum.
Just wait till he chooses Daniels over Slovis for the starting job again.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I get it. Just think SC is going to waste the entire 2020 just like UCLA did with Alford in 2018. Dead man walking.
45k at the Coliseum.
Just wait till he chooses Daniels over Slovis for the starting job again.

I think Daniels being given the starting role again is a distinct possibility. There were rumblings that Daniels committed to SC contingent upon him being essentially gifted the starting QB jerb.

If that happens, roll a blunt for me while you cackle, I'll he joining you shortly thereafter.

If Helton isn't a complete dunce and keeps Slovis, I see Daniels entering the portal to transfer. I think with halfway decent coaching, and a halfway competent O-line, he could be another, er - Cody Kessler. Nothing special, but a very solid college QB.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Who are the options now? Fickell, Narduzzi, Campbell?

I’d bet on Narduzzi. You’re walking into a horrible roster and after recruiting is over for this year. I don’t see why anyone else would touch that. Narduzzi has the connection to MSU and it’s not like he’s got a great thing at Pitt.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I’d bet on Narduzzi. You’re walking into a horrible roster and after recruiting is over for this year. I don’t see why anyone else would touch that. Narduzzi has the connection to MSU and it’s not like he’s got a great thing at Pitt.

He has a better thing going at Pitt than MSU, though lol. Pitt is supposed to have a top 15 defense next year.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I’m sure Curtis Blackwell claiming numerous NCAA violations in his lawsuit against Dantonio and Michigan State has nothing to do with this.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
He has a better thing going at Pitt than MSU, though lol. Pitt is supposed to have a top 15 defense next year.

But it's Pitt, so they'll be 7-6.

Narduzzi is the only one of those names where I'd feel like it make some sense. MSU is probably a small step up from Pitt, he has history at MSU, and he's probably not looking at a better gig than MSU given his record at Pitt.

But it will probably be corch Jim Bollman next year. banderas.gif

Lightningwar

Administrator
Recruiting fell off because Michigan became relevant again. Some of these programs come to life when the big dick in town goes to sleep. See VT in the 2000s when FSU was down and Clemson was a clown show. FSU comes back, Clemson overtakes FSU, and VT is a dumpster fire.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Their recruiting fell off because of Cincy and UK. They were never recruiting as well as Michigan anyway.