• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Southpaw Gon' Look Are you from PD looking for evidence on @brick, sir? The Miami Hurricanes Thread aka Baseless Rumors Corner

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I'm not convinced at all that this is a shampship caliber team, so whatever. If we just beat everyone we're better than then we'll win 10 games a season. That's always been true but we've really struggled. It's the fucking North Carolinas and Virginias that have been the problem.

GuyIncognito

Meh. There are still some obvious holes. The OL is suspect, the WRs still drop too many balls.

But the difference in terms of offensive IQ is evident and so is the change in QB play. It's never been a lack of talent as the problem.

bruin

Funny seeing J Phillips out there. # 1 defensive player in the country coming out of HS. He hid a injury from a car accident and played like 3 games his soph year and didn’t mesh well with Chip. Saw that pick last night. Good for him..

Craig7835

That was nice. I mean FSU is in a really bad spot but still. There's NFL talent on that team, especially defense.

FSU's offense actually kinda reminded me of where we've been at for years: pretty good running the script at the beginning of a half, but then the training wheels come off and nothing makes sense anymore.

It's such a relief to have faith in the guy calling the plays and the QB. And it makes the defense better too, to not have to worry about whether the offense is going to do its job if the defense can't be heroes every week.

Well FSU sticking to a script is a Mike Norvell staple. He did it in Memphis. His offense will be rolling but then goes straight to hell in the 2nd half MAINLY the 4th quarter. The 'Noles issues is the offensive line. The 'Canes defense ripped through it like paper

Lightningwar

Administrator
FSU program is in complete shambles. There are two guys right now who might be NFL bound on the defense. But one of them didn't play against Miami. The other has been losing 2-3 rounds per week. At this rate will be back next year. Might be a legit 1 win team this year if they can get past JSU this weekend. Blackman is a really bad QB.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Well FSU sticking to a script is a Mike Norvell staple. He did it in Memphis. His offense will be rolling but then goes straight to hell in the 2nd half MAINLY the 4th quarter. The 'Noles issues is the offensive line. The 'Canes defense ripped through it like paper

How do you get a job as the HC at a major P5 school if you can't call plays ad hoc when the script is done? Jeez

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Miami is the king of talking shit down two TDs, don't get mad when it backfires on you. Should be used to it by now

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I’m just hate the two hand touch rules. I’d rather lose by 60 to Clemson playing 2005 football than whatever the heck this sport is nowadays.

GuyIncognito

We keep hiring the guys brick wants and we keep losing.

Anyway, that was pretty terrible yesterday. King looks like he has PTSD or some shit. OL got werewolfed, WRs just don't make plays.

Thank Christ for how good our kicking game is, and the tempo of the offense. Otherwise we could have easily lost that one. No excuse for us to lose to anybody the rest of the way.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

Nice Blazing saddles vidyagif, HERMano!

giphy.gif

GuyIncognito

Will be interesting to see if King rebounds. He looked completely out of phase last week. These are the kinds of rinky dink crap games we've developed a bad habit of losing

Lightningwar

Administrator
I watched the 2002 NC game vs Nebraska yesterday on the ACCN. Who was Miami's weight coach then? Dude earned his money. Miami's D line was owning in the first half. Sad part is watching the game and how different it was just 2 decades ago. Vilma laid out the NU RB and their TE. Both of those hits in 2020 would get him ejected.

Also interesting to see Solich and Coker. Both be gone by 2006. Craig Bohl would be gone in a year to NDSU to build a dynasty. Randy Shannon and Turner Gill would also become head coaches.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I watched the 2002 NC game vs Nebraska yesterday on the ACCN. Who was Miami's weight coach then? Dude earned his money. Miami's D line was owning in the first half. Sad part is watching the game and how different it was just 2 decades ago. Vilma laid out the NU RB and their TE. Both of those hits in 2020 would get him ejected.

Also interesting to see Solich and Coker. Both be gone by 2006. Craig Bohl would be gone in a year to NDSU to build a dynasty. Randy Shannon and Turner Gill would also become head coaches.

I saw some footage of old Eagles/Cowboys games on NFL Network this morning. One where Reggie White sacked Aikman and purposely landed on him - which I believe is now illegal, at least in CFB.