• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

Just looks like turrible defense to me to me.
So that move that Makar pulled off to get that open is not something most NHL defensive players would be able to counter, let alone a forward (I think that's Kirby Dach covering him). That's not bad defense. That's a move that is just near impossible to pull off at game speed.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
So that move that Makar pulled off to get that open is not something most NHL defensive players would be able to counter, let alone a forward (I think that's Kirby Dach covering him). That's not bad defense. That's a move that is just near impossible to pull off at game speed.

ma'kar

This is in OT where each player is effectively responsible for only one other player at a time, especially in the defensive zone. Makar is playing along the wall, which means his teammates are skating in open ice elsewhere in the zone. Chicago is covering those guys so they aren't open for a pass. If anyone leaves their man to try and stop Makar, they are leaving their man open for an easy tap in or one timer. The reason everyone is fawning over the goal is because it's a virtually indefensible play from the most highly skilled offensive defenseman in the league.

Skeeter

Uber felon
He just hockey stopped and turned around??? Defense looked lazy as fuck. I used to make that move on mAh roller skates.

Maybe it's harder in ice soccer doe. I dunno

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
NHL Power Rankings: 1-32 poll, plus every team as a Disney World attraction

27. Philadelphia Flyers
Previous ranking: 22
Points percentage: 0.471
Next seven days: @ BOS (Jan. 13), vs. NYR (Jan. 15), @ NYI (Jan. 17), vs. NYI (Jan. 18)

Pirates of the Caribbean. They look like the rapscallion, lawless bullies that we see menacing people in the history books. Yet this version is inherently nonthreatening.

philadelphia-flyers-gritty.gif

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah, they need to gut the front office, the corching staff, and about half the roster and hire people who actually adhere to analytics to sign players that don't suck. Shouldn't be too hard.

At least this would seem to ensure that there will be housecleaning. I really wish Fletcher was gone though. They pick the worst fucking leaders.

Last edited:
Is it possible to fire two head coaches in one season? Are they the first in history with two separate coaches to have a 10-game losing streaks in the same season?