• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2013-2014 Club Soccer (UCL & Domestic Leagues) Thread

Chase

Well the CL restrictions hurt and I can't reel e see them doing much in the Champions League.

Should be docked 25 EPL points.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I suppose, but this team weren't CL winners before these restrictions anyways, and it's only for a year. Give the kids some playing time on the big stage if it comes down to it. Still get 13 non HG guys which is enough, plus 4 HG (Hart, Milner, Clichy, Wright?) and then 4 City HG (Guidetti, Boyata, 2 U21s[Lopes & Huws/Rekik PLS]). City have already broke even, and are losing Lescott, Barry, Probably Richards, and Mancini off the books this year. UEFA also isn't charge of docking for domestic leagues, but you already knew that.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Problem?

POAva8g.gif

Chase

I always had high hopes for FFP, but began to have doubts once PSG entered the picture. My suspicion is that Platini intended FFP as a weapon against the English teams, but his attitude would naturally change once his own former club - and his son - became a beneficiary of dat blood oil money.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yep. City and PSG got the same punishments even though PSG's sponsorship deal was a lot sketchier and their books are probably a lot less balanced. Cest la vie

WingedHelmet

What's there to be mad at? That was never the argument (that there should be a salary cap). FFL was always going to be toothless, and if some billionaire wants to spend his own money on building a super team, good for him. The argument was (is), as someone with no affiliation with the club, why would you CHOOSE to support a team like that?

I still can't get over your first response to the above question was that you "like the underdog." Was priceless then; still is priceless now.

Snorky's Shame

When did Barcelona become a League One team with all these crosses.

Barcelona needs the next goal or Atletico could get this.

Snorky's Shame

So let me get this straight. The average height of Barcelona is roughly equal to the height of Papa Smurf. Thus playing the ball in the air is a wonderful idea.

And now the Alex Song experience. This will work out great...

Snorky's Shame

Jesus Gil really fucked over Atletico while he was there. One of the most corrupt men Spain has ever known.

They were also relegated between league titles.

IIRC, Atletico and Sevilla were relegated the same year.

Snorky's Shame

Tata Martino resigns as coach. I don't even think he deserves most of the blame.

Luis Enrique most likely is your next Barcelona coach.

Snorky's Shame

Only one team should be full of Smurfs...

On phone, but someone has to post an animated .gif of Pep and Ribery around the 80th minute of the DFB Pokal Final.

That game is going to extra time.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
River Plate win in Argentina. Amazing since they were relegated. Of course, they are probably safe from ever being relegated again since the AFA is instituing some bizarre 30-team top flight very soon.

Leon beat Pachuca, and this gif form Leon's coach says it all:

TepidSpiffyBlackmamba.gif

Juventus' 102 points in the Serie A this season is a new record. Dat star doe

Hamburg draw Furth 1-1 to stay in the Bundesliga on away goals.

Anderlecht and US all-star Sacha win title #33.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Luis Enrique confirmed for Barca. ter-Stegen signing also confirmed, as well as the return of Rafa Alcantara and Deulofeu from loan.