• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2013-2014 Club Soccer (UCL & Domestic Leagues) Thread

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Is there anything more useless than goalie youtube compilations? I mean, you could probably put together similar highlight reels for every goalie starting for top flight league teams in Europe. The thing that separates good goalies from great goalies is everything but shot stopping. Marshalling your defense, commanding your area, kicking, etc. are much more important at the highest level than shot stopping. Nearly every goalie is a great shot stopper at that level.

That's nothing against Ter Stergen, by the way. But that first clip is much more revealing to me than a 4:30 minute string of saves.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I should've gone with this one instead:

BmpAYYVIIAAJPu_.jpg:large

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It's purely statistics based. Which is why I say Ricardo Rodriguez is the best LB in the world. Their BPL TOTY didn't have Yaya either.

Snorky's Shame

Pep, Mou, and Luis Enrique back in the day. LVG was the coach, too.

BoBOfoyIQAAgmUU.jpg

1998 is back in the day? I'm old.

The one thing I remember about the Van Gaal teams that won back-to-back La Liga titles is that they started out very slowly. Barcelona fans wanted Van Gaal fired every single season he was there.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
So, which Madrid club is urryone rooting for?

I think Atleti is the 'obvious' choice. Underdogs, and all that stuff. But honestly, I'm a little torn. I'm not really a Real Madrid fan, but I've sort of rooted for them by default over the last decade just because I can't stand FC Twinkalona diving all over the pitch. Enemy of my enemy is my friend, sort of thing. Plus, I like Carlo. I like Ronaldo. I like some other guys on that team too.

I think I'm still rooting for Atleti, solely because it's the smaller club.....and because it'd be nice for Courtois. But player for player, I think there are more guys I like on the RM roster.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Is that why you walk around in your underwear all the time? Hoping it triggers some primal Ronaldo-love in her psyche?

chibob

Simeone has got his tactics perfect so far.

Breaking up play, making Real hurry their passes, and capitalizing on set pieces.

Snorky's Shame

With what's going on right on, I bet someone will bring up giving a team an extra sub or two if the game goes extra time again.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Gus Johnson and Eric Wynalda. Best commentator team in the history of sports. That's Best with an [sic].