• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

Plotty

Tath Meacher
KC will be a masterpiece....of crap. If GMDM signs Ervin then we might win the whole damn thing but wo him we get maybe .500.

The Aoki signing was awesome, as well as Infante.

We shall see though..

Renegade

Charge on!
I completely missed the Aoki deal. That seems awfully one-sided; why did the Brewers make that deal?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
BgYMqZACMAA5iVt.jpg

Plotty

Tath Meacher
I completely missed the Aoki deal. That seems awfully one-sided; why did the Brewers make that deal?

They felt like Wil Smith was that number whatever starting pitcher they needed. I was instantly horny when that trade went down, we finally have a true OBP guy. With Infante as well we should score monstrous amounts of runs. Key is Hosmer staying consistent and Butler mashing and not worried about fucking BBQ sauce.

Renegade

Charge on!
They felt like Wil Smith was that number whatever starting pitcher they needed. I was instantly horny when that trade went down, we finally have a true OBP guy. With Infante as well we should score monstrous amounts of runs. Key is Hosmer staying consistent and Butler mashing and not worried about fucking BBQ sauce.

I guess they wanted to open up a spot for Khris Davis, which I get. But all they got for Aoki and his OBP is a long-reliever? Jeez.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Orioles actually acquired someone who isn't Laporta, David Lough or Jemile Weeks. Hurray.

Hope that Lough guy works out for you! :thumbsup: Great in clubhouse, plays hard, good contact guy. Just couldn't find everyday pt in KC. Rumor has you guys picking up Santana too.

worst2first

I hate the Yankees but don't have anything negative to say about Jeter. I respect him because he didn't run his mouth and stir up needless controversy and he didn't leave a string of abandoned wives, babby mommas and kids behind him. He just went out there and did what he did and he did it very well.

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
Hope that Lough guy works out for you! :thumbsup: Great in clubhouse, plays hard, good contact guy. Just couldn't find everyday pt in KC. Rumor has you guys picking up Santana too.

Yeah I don't really mind Lough but when a team wins 85 or more games two years in a row, you're looking for an acquisition bigger than Lough.

Gooksta

That didn't take long. Good utility pickup, maybe he pushes Das wunderkind at short.

could this be the year for the cubbies? *ostrich laugh*
he will most likely play 2B mostly.. D Barney will move to a utility role most likely

goblue96

Told you all on Flufftopia that RAJ would find a way to fuck up the Burnett deal. When is a one-year deal not a one-year deal? When's there's a $7.5 million dollar player option for a second year.

RAJ paying, at a minimum, $22.5 million over two years for 37 year old pitcher.

With his new contract, Burnett gets a $7.5 million signing bonus, of which $1 million is payable Dec. 15, $2.75 million next Jan. 15 and $3.75 million on June 30, 2015.

Burnett has a $7.5 million salary this season, and the contract includes a $15 million option for 2015 with a $1 million buyout. Burnett would receive the buyout only if either party declines and he fails to make 30 starts this year.

If the mutual option isn't exercised, Burnett would have a $7.5 million player option for 2015. The option price would increase to $8.5 million with 24 starts this year, $10 million with 27, $11.75 million with 30 and $12.75 million with 32.

He can earn an additional $1.75 million annually in performance bonuses: $500,000 each for 24 and 27 starts, and $750,000 for 30.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Told you all on Flufftopia that RAJ would find a way to fuck up the Burnett deal. When is a one-year deal not a one-year deal? When's there's a $7.5 million dollar player option for a second year.

That deal is atrocious, no doubt about it. Dayton Moore even wouldn't do that deal.

Could have had Ervin Santana for cheaper....

goblue96

Keep in mind RAJ is delusional enough to think that the Phils can make the playoffs. He needs to put down the pipe and face reality.

R2D2

I read an article two or three days ago that said the signing of Burnett made the Phils a contender for the playoffs. Riiiiight. The only two teams from the NL East I see making the playoffs are the Braves and Nationals. Mets, Marlins, and Phillies all suck right now.

Renegade

Charge on!

7go.gif

ALL HAIL RUBEN THE GREAT!

(Please keep up the good work RAJ!)

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Keep in mind RAJ is delusional enough to think that the Phils can make the playoffs. He needs to put down the pipe and face reality.

Rockies' owner came out last week and said he expects the Rockies to be a 90 win team :laughing: I think the Rockies are a .500 team, at best, which means that Tulo and CarGo would have to stay healthy for the whole year. That's not gonna happen.

osick87

Community Liaison
Booooo THese players make too much. Insert my usual "Wait until Trout" comment.

Bucksin04

I'm more stunned at the 4 years than anything. 2 years/$24 mil would have been good. 3 years/$36 mil you could have talked me into. But 4 years/$50 mil for a guy who has had two good half seasons spread out over a couple of years is asinine.

atlbraves

Not only was this a reasonable deal for Ubaldo, but he probably would have gotten a lot more if he wasn't tied the comp pick.

Renegade

Charge on!
Braves extend GM Frank Wren and manager Fredi Gonzalez. Just awful. Wren is doing a good job extending the young players, but his three of his four biggest acquisitions have been busts (Lowe, Uggla, BJ; J-Up is the other). And Gonzalez saw the team choke away the playoffs in 2011, lose the play-in game in 2012, and then get trounced in the division series in 2013. I suppose that's improvement. I would not have extended him until the team made the playoffs this year at minimum, and perhaps not unless he managed to win a series.