• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NBA Thread

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
y2uzusa3.jpg

Keith1212

Lebron could have played better fuck that. The Heat losing isn't his fault but not once did he take over a game or put the team on his back. I had to watch GoT but at what point did he start moping? I mean when exactly in the second quarter did he stop his fake mean mugging I'm curious.

Reel

Community Liaison
Lebron could have played better fuck that. The Heat losing isn't his fault but not once did he take over a game or put the team on his back. I had to watch GoT but at what point did he start moping? I mean when exactly in the second quarter did he stop his fake mean mugging I'm curious.

I think the moping started in the 3rd when Mills hits two 3s back to back followed by a Manu 3. 9pts in three consecutive possessions? Mills was playing out of his mind

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
The eye opening revelation to me this series was the performance of Leonard. I knew he was good, but those last three games he was Top 10 NBA good. He outplayed Lebron, or at least played him even those last 3 games. Also it's not like Lebron played bad, hell he was great as ever at around 30 pts, 7 rbs, 5 ast (I'm guessing without looking them up) and shooting a high percentage. Leonard was just better with his rebounding, scoring/shooting and his defense. Holy shit his defense was outstanding. He got up in Lebron's grill and dared him to drive, fought over every screen and contested every shot. Lebron was so gassed from having to do EVERYTHING that his defense was not the same high level that we are all used to.

Will be interesting to see what the Heat do in the off-season. That team as is probably wouldn't make it out of the feeble East, and if they did would get another curb stomping from the West.

bruin

bOTH LA boys winning the MVP

Malcolm SMith Super Bowl (Taft)

Kawhi Leonard NBA Finals (Riverside King)

California BITCHES

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I think the moping started in the 3rd when Mills hits two 3s back to back followed by a Manu 3. 9pts in three consecutive possessions? Mills was playing out of his mind

He was on both ends of the floor. He drew 2 charges from Allen was in his shirt on defense. Really fun guy to watch and a testament what dedicated off-season hard work can do.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
"MJ 6 for 6 in the Finals. He would never have been humiliated like this on the biggest stage not one, not two, but three times. You also wouldn't have seen him on the bench in the 4th. He would've fought until the final buzzer, regardless of how futile the situation."

f54.png

evil1

I am in a state of shock of well Ginobli played last night. No player needed redemption from last year more than him.

All is not lost in Miami. They got their money's worth over the last 4 years and probably isn't a front office I would trust more (except San Anotino) to reload the team for another run. The big question for Miami is how much are they willing to re-sign Wade for. Wade could still be a solid starter but he's not close to a star player anymore. Miami even tried resting Wade during the regular season to keep him fresh for the playoffs. Wade is like a RB in teh NFL - once they start to lose it, they lose it fast.

Keith1212

Wades face is all fat from the 'roids. The dude might be done. He's a top notch 6th man if he doesn't ever play like he did in the Finals. How was he during the season?

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Interesting metric on Leonard's defense on Lebron:

"Leonard's defense on James in the series was key. James shot 57.6 percent against him, but he wasn't always able to get his shot off or even get the ball. - 19 percent of James' touches against Leonard in the Finals resulted in a James field goal attempt. Against all other defenders, that rate jumped to 33 percent. - James was held without a touch on 33 percent of the Heat's possessions when he was guarded by Leonard. Against all other defenders, he was held without a touch 23 percent of the time. - When Leonard did find himself on someone other than James, his defense was still strong. The rest of the Heat shot 27.8 percent (5-of-18) against Leonard in the Finals."

From ESPN: http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400559378

Heisman06

Congrats to the Spurs. They were nearly flawless and clearly the better team. I wouldn't be completely shocked but I don't see LeBron leaving.

Everyone saying "this Heat team won't make it out of the East" DERP DERP need to do a lil research. The only player without a team/player option or already a free agent is Norris Cole.

Battier is retiring. Maybe Ray too. Bron, Wade, Bosh, Bird and Haslem all have player options. Wade would be a fool to opt out but I think he does it for the team.

Heisman06

Also, fuck Patty Mills. HE was the biggest flopper on the floor yesterday... And that's saying a lot. Dude made himself some money's doe.

Reel

Community Liaison
Also, fuck Patty Mills. HE was the biggest flopper on the floor yesterday... And that's saying a lot. Dude made himself some money's doe.

I saw that one flop and excellent defense using his feet and not his hands on Allen and Waides.

He frustrated the hell out of Allen all while not holding him while moving around screens.

Heisman06

The thing is, he played good enough defense to not flop. But every time you watch him, you see him falling back and swinging his arms even on minor contact by guys trying to go in motion or set a screen. But until refs stop rewarding these guys, it shall continue.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
If Lebron opts out I hope he goes to a team that is cheered for by an utopian who gave him a lot of grief so we can see them begrudgingly become a Lebron fan.

then you get to turn to 30 other teams and tell them to shut the fuck up, because they would have done the same.

jdlikewhoa

If Lebron opts out I hope he goes to a team that is cheered for by an utopian who gave him a lot of grief so we can see them begrudgingly become a Lebron fan.

then you get to turn to 30 other teams and tell them to shut the fuck up, because they would have done the same.

So Portland or OKC?

Atlanta could be fun too with all these Barves fans around here

Edit: Forgot about the Pels fans.

Bucksin04

Can't think of two fan bases that hate LeBron more than Cleveland and Indiana. Shockingly, despite growing up in Cleveland and living in Indianapolis which means about 90% of people I'm friends with are either Cavs or Pacers fans, my Facebook feed wasn't a total dumpster fire last night. I was impressed.

colb

I thought Lejuan played pretty well last. Though I was disappointed he only finished with 31 (17 in first quarter).

Spurs were a machine though. He could've scored 50 and still lost. San Antonio was not going to lose that game.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
The only guarantee in free agency this summer is that whatever lebrin does, Brian win shorts will do. How much is that guy praying lebrin doesn't make him move back ti Cleveland?

Bucksin04

The only guarantee in free agency this summer is that whatever lebrin does, Brian win shorts will do. How much is that guy praying lebrin doesn't make him move back ti Cleveland?

Eh, Brian grew up in Akron and went to St. Vincent-St. Mary (LeBron's high school). Don't think he would really mind moving back honestly.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I thought Lejuan played pretty well last. Though I was disappointed he only finished with 31 (17 in first quarter).

Spurs were a machine though. He could've scored 50 and still lost. San Antonio was not going to lose that game.

Lebron was great. However, 2-10 on the Spurs roster was SO MUCH better than the Heat's 2-10. Think of how much better the Heat would be with a Patty Mills or even a Marco Bellinelli (who hardly played, but is a legit player) coming off the bench.

sayo

YEET
Can't think of two fan bases that hate LeBron more than Cleveland and Indiana. Shockingly, despite growing up in Cleveland and living in Indianapolis which means about 90% of people I'm friends with are either Cavs or Pacers fans, my Facebook feed wasn't a total dumpster fire last night. I was impressed.
I don't know. Lakers fans have some serious hate for Lejuan due to their weird Kobe complex. You say one good thing about Lebron and some of these guys flip out and immediately start dick measuring between the two.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
The thing is, he played good enough defense to not flop. But every time you watch him, you see him falling back and swinging his arms even on minor contact by guys trying to go in motion or set a screen. But until refs stop rewarding these guys, it shall continue.

Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Quote-Gif-On-Seinfeld.gif

lebron-flop-630x350.jpg

lebron-james-flop.jpg

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Lejuan has to flop. He gets no respect from the officials. He's officiated differently from everybody else, and it's the only way he gets to the free throw line.

If he got the same type of "respect" as our MVP, then he'd average 20 free throws a game and really piss everyone off.

-YTC

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Eh, Brian grew up in Akron and went to St. Vincent-St. Mary (LeBron's high school). Don't think he would really mind moving back honestly.

I guess man. I grew up in a shitty town in east central florida. No way I ever want to move back. Brian must not sin enough for south florida.

Reel

Community Liaison
I wish Brian would splurge on a new suit. My goodness he looks uncomfy af